H Y P O C R I S Y ...the false assumption of an appearance of virtue

AU9377

House Republicans accusing the current President of obstructing justice is about as righteous of an example of hypocrisy in action as I can imagine.  For the love of God, these are the same people that worked tirelessly to assist the former President in his obstruction of justice at every turn.  It takes a real snake oil salesman to get behind a podium and pretend that didn't happen.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/12/27/house-gop-impeachment-inquiry-joe-biden-obstruction-hunter-biden-letter/72039639007/

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, AU9377 said:

House Republicans accusing the current President of obstructing justice is about as righteous of an example of hypocrisy in action as I can imagine.  For the love of God, these are the same people that worked tirelessly to assist the former President in his obstruction of justice at every turn.  It takes a real snake oil salesman to get behind a podium and pretend that didn't happen.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/12/27/house-gop-impeachment-inquiry-joe-biden-obstruction-hunter-biden-letter/72039639007/

Wow! One party is ignoring it's own transgressions while simultaneously attacking it's rival party over something similar?!?!

Has this ever happened before?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It should be entertaining to see how Biden handles the charges during the campaign.  He wont be able to hide from this one.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It should be entertaining to see how Biden handles the charges during the campaign.  He wont be able to hide from this one.

If I was Joe Biden I'd just laugh it off and ignore it. Polls show that a majority of Americans view the House impeachment inquiry as politically motivated and don't believe Joe Biden has done anything impeachable. 

There isn't anything for Joe Biden to respond to because comer and Republicans haven't found anything. 

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If I was Joe Biden I'd just laugh it off and ignore it. Polls show that a majority of Americans view the House impeachment inquiry as politically motivated and don't believe Joe Biden has done anything impeachable. 

There isn't anything for Joe Biden to respond to because comer and Republicans haven't found anything. 

It must be nice living in your echo chamber.  There is so much evidence of wrong doing that the Biden’s need to address that and will be talked about during the campaign that Joe won’t be able to *just laught it off*.

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It must be nice living in your echo chamber.  There is so much evidence of wrong doing that the Biden’s need to address that and will be talked about during the campaign that Joe won’t be able to *just laught it off*.

Living in an echo chamber would be me thinking Americans care anything about Joe Biden paying on his sons truck loan or letting his son live in one of his houses for no/low rent. 

If Republicans try to make their sham impeachment investigations central to their election campaign it will hurt them greatly come Nov 2024. 

3 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Wow! One party is ignoring it's own transgressions while simultaneously attacking it's rival party over something similar?!?!

Has this ever happened before?

The point is that it really isn't similar at all, yet one party is playing pretend and spinning a fairy tale suggesting that it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

It is interesting that we have yet to see any of it, yet there is supposedly so much of it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Living in an echo chamber would be me thinking Americans care anything about Joe Biden paying on his sons truck loan or letting his son live in one of his houses for no/low rent. 

If Republicans try to make their sham impeachment investigations central to their election campaign it will hurt them greatly come Nov 2024. 

Disagree

18 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

It is interesting that we have yet to see any of it, yet there is supposedly so much of it.

I know about it.  I can give you a link to Comer discussing it with Ted Cruz if you’d like.

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

What I saw on FOX TV was that Hunter was paying Joe $50,000 rent per month. Supposedly that was the method used to launder some of the money that was passed from China to "The Big Guy".

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What I saw on FOX TV was that Hunter was paying Joe $50,000 rent per month. Supposedly that was the method used to launder some of the money that was passed from China to "The Big Guy".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2023/03/01/fact-check-false-claim-hunter-biden-paid-joe-biden-50-000-rent/11247726002/

That's old news and was from Conservative media mis-interpreting a financial document. 

The $50,000/mo rent was to a business in DC for office space Hunter Biden used. Had nothing to do with Joe Biden. 

And I know you don't trust any media that doesn't have a heavy right-wing bias, so here's a Fox News opinion article that admits that $50,000 was for office space and not paid to Joe. https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/big-twist-hunter-biden-apartment-application-media-ignored

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I should have known when i read "what I saw on Fox TV"..... but nonetheless.... below are two fact checks showing that to be completely false.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2023/03/01/fact-check-false-claim-hunter-biden-paid-joe-biden-50-000-rent/11247726002/

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2023/jan/19/facebook-posts/hunter-biden-paid-50000-rent-office-space-dc-not-h/

Since the U S Treasury Department turned over records of the Suspicious Activity Reports to the GOP Oversight committee there has been more evidence of wrong doing.  A SAR is issued when there is enough reason to suspect an account is involved in money laundering and the Bidens have 170+ SARs filed against their accounts.  Obviously smacks of a coverup, but knowing the intelligence level of the typical leftist journalist, it is all unfounded.  Here is something from Fox (as they are the only ones following this) that spells out the concerns.

When it comes to citing his home address, even some on here should be aware that is not business as usual when Joe has stated time and time again that he has no knowledge of his family members businesses.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

161110114037-trump-false-meme-large-169-930557960.jpg

I'm not calling anyone on the boards dumb.  That isn't the point.  The point is that this quote is more relevant to day than ever.

You always go back to Trump when you can’t defend Biden.  Its a sickness.

Edited by I_M4_AU

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Fox and the local news are all I'm likely to watch. Fox may get it wrong on one side, but the MSM deliberately gets it wrong on the other side so.....

Are the big three covering the disaster at the border? Giving their audience numbers? If so, I haven't noticed such coverage in my few passing glances in their direction.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Since the U S Treasury Department turned over records of the Suspicious Activity Reports to the GOP Oversight committee there has been more evidence of wrong doing.  A SAR is issued when there is enough reason to suspect an account is involved in money laundering and the Bidens have 170+ SARs filed against their accounts.  Obviously smacks of a coverup, but knowing the intelligence level of the typical leftist journalist, it is all unfounded.  Here is something from Fox (as they are the only ones following this) that spells out the concerns.

When it comes to citing his home address, even some on here should be aware that is not business as usual when Joe has stated time and time again that he has no knowledge of his family members businesses.

SARS are not proof of anything and are commonplace. 

in 2022 almost 10 MILLION SARS reports were submitted to the Treasury Department. only a very small % of them are deemed to be credibly suspicious and worth investigating . 

Haven't found proof of any wrongdoing?..."must be a coverup" 

yeah...of course.  

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Go to your bank and deposit 12k tomorrow.  There is a good chance that the bank will file a SAR.  They are extremely commonplace and usually amount to nothing more than a form being required.  Banks often file them defensively just to make certain they are in compliance.

Edited by AU9377

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You always you back to Trump when you can’t defend Biden.  Its a sickness.

The discussion included the propensity for some of the right to believe anything Fox entertainment throws out there... the quote was extremely relevant.  The man is the leading candidate for the nomination.  Nobody is making him front and center more than Republicans themselves.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I know about it.  I can give you a link to Comer discussing it with Ted Cruz if you’d like.

None of it links Joe Biden to any sort of illegal activity.  That isn't coming from me, but from Republicans.  As Lindsey Graham said... "If there was a smoking gun, we would be talking about it.."

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

SARS are not proof of anything and are commonplace. 

in 2022 almost 10 MILLION SARS reports were submitted to the Treasury Department. only a very small % of them are deemed to be credibly suspicious and worth investigating . 

Haven't found proof of any wrongdoing?..."must be a coverup" 

yeah...of course.  

I didn’t say they were proof of anything, but it sure does raise a red flag doesn’t it?  Time to ask some questions of Hunter, James and ole Joe himself.