Saban will still lead the program

TigerOne

Those who think the new uat coach will fail are nuts.

now they have two head coaches.

Saban will do the recruiting and DeBoer will handle the coaching.

“DeBoer also made it clear his policy on Saban showing up around the facility: “And 100% access to everything. I would be a fool if that wasn’t the case, I would be a fool. ... I’m going to ask him that he shows up and make sure he gives me at least one thing every day. I’m sure he’s going to have 10 I’m going to be good with that, but at least one thing that he sees, that we can get better at.”

Edited by TigerOne
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

Nothing says I have arrived more than hold my hand please. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bingo!

Sounds to me like they're just trying to hold on to their current signing class with their "Saban will still be there" BS. And/or, they don't really believe the guy can get it done. They know he's not a great recruiter. But I don't think recruits are gonna stick around, and definitely won't sign in future classes, just because Saban will be there in some limited role. 

But it makes DeBoer look pretty weak. Training wheels

• Thanks 1

Za~Za DeBoer will not make it through 3years. And that is being generous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, WarTim said:

Za~Za DeBoer will not make it through 3years. And that is being generous. 

What about Freeze?

6 hours ago, TigerOne said:

“DeBoer also made it clear his policy on Saban showing up around the facility: “And 100% access to everything. I would be a fool if that wasn’t the case, I would be a fool. ... I’m going to ask him that he shows up and make sure he gives me at least one thing every day. I’m sure he’s going to have 10 I’m going to be good with that, but at least one thing that he sees, that we can get better at.”

Are they moving the football facility next door to Saban's new $17 million Florida estate?

• Haha 1

The 2 quarterback system may not work but you can't say that about the 2 Head Coach system

bold-strategy-dodgeball.gif

Too many cooks in the kitchen. 

DeBoer will do pretty well but won't be able to beat Kirby. This will drive Bama fans crazy. Trees will die. Couches will burn. I will laugh. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, TigerOne said:

This has been tried before at Arkansas.  Failed.  Ask Ken Hatfield and Danny Ford how working for Frank Broyles the AD that used to be the HC worked out for them.  

This has weird dysfunction written all over it. I truly think in about 4 years DeBoer will be giving an interview that will feature the lines: “Should've stayed at Washington,” “Just didn’t work,” and “there were things that I would’ve done much differently…”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

This has weird dysfunction written all over it. I truly think in about 4 years DeBoer will be giving an interview that will feature the lines: “Should've stayed at Washington,” “Just didn’t work,” and “there were things that I would’ve done much differently…”

Wonder if DeBoer should just go ahead and book an "office" in Bryce Hospital right now ... just in case.  

• Like 1

Getting advice during the offseason and maybe through spring during the transition may have been the AD’s idea.  I mean who better to make important introductions to the money men, NFL contacts, HS coaches than have Saban open the doors and aid in the transition?  But anything beyond that or NS still being involved on into summer is overkill and likely won’t be welcomed by the new coaching staff.  

I vaguely remember Spurrier having an office at UF that Jeremy Foley set up when McElwain was the HC.  I don’t think McElwain liked the old ball coach poking his head the door during meetings or coaching sessions.  I just don’t see the need for it beyond the initial transition period.

• Like 3

On 1/13/2024 at 3:49 PM, TigerOne said:

If TRob becomes DC then this is true. Saban will be doing defensive game planning. But as others have said this in order to help with first year recruiting transition. You can always fire the dude later. 

Edited by Auburn93

And if it goes badly for DeBoer he won’t care a bit. He’ll collect a buyout equivalent of a winning Powerball ticket and live the life Harsin and Jimbo lives now with generational wealth for his family and heirs. Any CFB Power 5 job now is a financial setup for life. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

And if it goes badly for DeBoer he won’t care a bit. He’ll collect a buyout equivalent of a winning Powerball ticket and live the life Harsin and Jimbo lives now with generational wealth for his family and heirs. Any CFB Power 5 job now is a financial setup for life. 

Wonder what the contract was?

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Wonder what the contract was?

Doubled his Washington salary supposedly 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 1:55 AM, cptau said:

This has been tried before at Arkansas.  Failed.  Ask Ken Hatfield and Danny Ford how working for Frank Broyles the AD that used to be the HC worked out for them.  

Tried on the plains as well.  CPD / tater tot and the old assistants  Was perfect for 20 games.

As the good book says, "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both Nick and Kalen."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUx said:

As the good book says, "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both Nick and Kalen."

You can definitely serve Bama though.