Saban will still lead the program

TigerOne

Anybody else see Saban coming out of retirement in a couple of years to "right the ship"?  A la Bill Snyder at Kansas State?  The small, petty side of me is hoping for a complete meltdown in Turdtown over the next couple of seasons! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

Anybody else see Saban coming out of retirement in a couple of years to "right the ship"?  A la Bill Snyder at Kansas State?  The small, petty side of me is hoping for a complete meltdown in Turdtown over the next couple of seasons! 

That thought has actually crossed my mind.

"And he’ll continue to be here and be part of our program and we’re very happy for that. And I’ll tell you, I’ll give coach DeBoer a ton of credit, he’s embraced that, as he should," Byrne said.

As he should. Because we require it, contactually, since we otherwise have no confidence in Kaitlyn DeBoer. Coach Saban has Coach Kaitlyn washing his car and doing his laundry and seeking coach's favorite candy, the legendary Chick O Stick. All this greatly assists Coach Kaitlyn in his acclimation. So this relationship is going really well as far as you know. There is absolutely no truth to the rumor that we have our legal school preparing frivolous lawsuits agains players who are entering the portal until they withdraw their names. Roll Tide. Oh, and please visit our NIL bake sale this afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AUx said:

"And he’ll continue to be here and be part of our program and we’re very happy for that. And I’ll tell you, I’ll give coach DeBoer a ton of credit, he’s embraced that, as he should," Byrne said.

As he should. Because we require it, contactually, since we otherwise have no confidence in Kaitlyn DeBoer. Coach Saban has Coach Kaitlyn washing his car and doing his laundry and seeking coach's favorite candy, the legendary Chick O Stick. All this greatly assists Coach Kaitlyn in his acclimation. So this relationship is going really well as far as you know. There is absolutely no truth to the rumor that we have our legal school preparing frivolous lawsuits agains players who are entering the portal until they withdraw their names. Roll Tide. Oh, and please visit our NIL bake sale this afternoon.

Terrific post.

• Like 1

Everyone is pointing out the correct thing. This is a bad approach.

If there is a desire to keep Saban around to preserve retention and near-term recruiting, then make a clear statement that Saban will remain around the program in some capacity over the next six months until the start of fall camp. Then it needs to be clear that any role Saban has with the university will be at a distance from the football program, or even better he is going to retire from any association with the university once fall camp starts. That would be a win-win.

On 1/16/2024 at 7:13 PM, AUx said:

As the good book says, "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both Nick and Kalen."

I know you meant this as joke, but you just don't put quotation marks around God's Holy Word, and then replace God's name with Nick.  I wish you would reconsider and retract this.  Being as sincere as I can without stirring something up.   Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCAubs said:

The threads are unraveling. Their prize QB Julian Sayin is entering the transfer portal.   

The beat writers are saying DeBoer and his staff told the kid to go and that the kid and his family wanted to stay. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

The beat writers are saying DeBoer and his staff told the kid to go and that the kid and his family wanted to stay. 

Wow.  That is wild if that’s the case. I know they have the kid transferring in from Washington but you just let 5 stars go?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCAubs said:

The threads are unraveling. Their prize QB Julian Sayin is entering the transfer portal.   

I wonder what the odds are that DeBoer leaves Bama for Michigan this year if Harbaugh takes an NFL gig? Sounds crazy but the way this roster is being depleted who knows. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, woodford said:

I wonder what the odds are that DeBoer leaves Bama for Michigan this year if Harbaugh takes an NFL gig? Sounds crazy but the way this roster is being depleted who knows. 

Don’t tease me into believing fantasies such as this.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Sounds like a lot of spin to cover for losing him so fans don't turn on DeBoer already. Even if the kid doesn't fit DeBoer's system, it doesn't mean he could not excel anyway. They don't gain anything by pushing him out and never giving him a chance. Unless he broke some major rule and he is being kicked off the team, then why force him to leave? And if he had broken a rule, then they would come out and say it so it looked bad for him and not for them. 

It defies logic that DeBoer would force the kid out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCAubs said:

Is Auburn in play for any of their guys?

7 hours ago, NCAubs said:

Austin Mack was a top 100 QB but I'd rather be facing him for the next few years than Sayin, that's for damn sure.

So, when KD was hired, he was all “Saban has full access to the team.” But then he sends Saban’s prized QB packing in favor of his 4-star gunslinger. Guy has a hairy sack. Don’t really see CNS’s “access” and influence yet…

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 10:10 PM, TigerOne said:

What about Freeze?

Freeze will out last the new UAT coach.  All of Auburn ex HCs, are gone, moved on to other careers or no longer with us.   Remember there was friction between Pat Dye and the 2 coaches who followed him.  Worse case scenario is for the ex HC to hang around as AD as happened at Arkansas.   

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

I know you meant this as joke, but you just don't put quotation marks around God's Holy Word, and then replace God's name with Nick.  I wish you would reconsider and retract this.  Being as sincere as I can without stirring something up.   Thank you.

popcorn.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

popcorn.gif

giphy.gif

By all means, let’s impose our beliefs on anonymous message board posters.  That always end well.   This is the place we need to impose religious….

On 1/21/2024 at 7:51 PM, NCAubs said:

By all means, let’s impose our beliefs on anonymous message board posters.  That always end well.   This is the place we need to impose religious….

What was being imposed? He respectfully requested a retraction and gave the reasoning behind his request; he hasn’t gotten it. He hasn’t said anything else.

• Like 2