Men vs Alabama Game Thread

What was the production from our 1’s and 2’s tonight? I missed the first 11 minutes of the 2nd half. Because, Lawdy, I don’t recall seeing them put the ball through the orange metal circle much AT ALL. 

Edited by tigeraddikt

Hate that Aden was nonexistent. Some of that is being a freshman and uat shutting him down 

Oh and it's much bigger than we only needed to hit a couple of shots or we didn't play the best ..... They didn't play their best either, we have to be able to make good decisions in clutch moments of the game. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't able to watch but shoutout to Broome for the great game, jwill had the worst time to slump and Aden going 0fer ugh. Tre seemed to do well on his limited shots, but too many shots for them on the boards and too many 3s to overcome. Good rally, hope this is a learning experience for this bunch.

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Should have fed JB more and slowed the game more. Should sell out more and make Sears give the ball up then make their other guards make plays.

Good game

Exactly 💯 

It was really quite simple.  Just lost composure every time we had the chance to seize momentum to take the lead etc.  Like a rogue pass or quick missed 3. 

Proud they came back.  Proved we can and showed me if we play our game, we can beat anyone.  We gotta dictate the game.  Sears was great tonight in finding ways to carry the team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I don't see why you take Tre out of the game for the last 3 minutes and put Aden back in. He'd been rattled the whole game. Our boys played terribly and still could have won but I question a lot of Bruce's decision making...

Should have went big the last three means . All this second chance rebounds Bama got 

• Like 1

We we’re gonna lose sometime but it sucks that it’s against them. Seems like it always comes to this

• Like 3

I think Pearl was out coached again. I get the team struggling with 3s but the line ups and lack of set plays at the end for primary and most reliable scorer 

• Like 2

Need this type of performance from Broome, more often!

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Oh and it's much bigger than we only needed to hit a couple of shots or we didn't play the best ..... They didn't play their best either, we have to be able to make good decisions in clutch moments of the game. 

Pretty sure that was their best game this season statistically… They have not looked good this year. This is the best Bama has looked of the games of theirs I’ve seen.

Edited by ScotsAU

A lot of the threes were quick without getting into offense and not feeding Broome who was eating bama's lunch. Not sure why we had Aden at the end instead of Tre.

Tre had a much better game. Aden has a lot of skill but needs to add some muscle in off season as he isn't  strong enough when they play him physical.

Sears isn't  big but is strong and uses contact to his advantage. Also Sears has a complete game. Ball handler, gets a lot of boards for his size, he gets assists, can score inside and outside.

Down stretch they relied on him and Nelson. If big switched he went to rim and either scored or left Nelson with open lane for rebound. I have to give Sears kudos for how well he played especially in  crunch time.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

I wonder if Bruce Pearl is going to say that Steven Pearl did a great job with the scout on Bama tonight. 🤣😵‍💫

• Haha 2

Just now, ScotsAU said:

Pretty sure that was their best game this season statistically…

I don't know about stats but I do know Sears and Nelson can play much much better

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

I don't know about stats but I do know Sears and Nelson can play much much better

2 great players. No question. Aden still has some growing up to do and KD still taking a dump on the court at times 

Our guard play did not match theirs. We need great guard play in March. And 3pt shooting. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Can you say that again? 😂

9 minutes ago, woodford said:

Yeah well Auburn lost because they couldn’t shoot. Foul on Sears was questionable but again if they could shoot tonight they wouldn’t have been in that situation. War Eagle. 

I watched the same game as you. I'm aware. War Eagle!

2 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Pretty sure that was their best game this season statistically… They have not looked good this year. This is the best Bama has looked of the games of theirs I’ve seen.

They have played well. Their schedule has been much tougher. Tennessee was the only outlier 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

Pretty sure that was their best game this season statistically…

Tbh as far as 3s go they had better 3pt nights against vandy, sc and mizzou than against us even tho it felt like they shot completely lights out. We just couldn't seize momentum when it mattered 

10 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Keys to winning at Bama:

1.) Don’t let Sears beat you. FAIL

2.) Run offense through Broome. PASS

3.) Don’t get down too far early. FAIL

4.) Get moderate guard production. FAIL

5.) Don’t get owned at the foul line. PASS

6.) Make critics FTs in crunch time. FAIL

7.) Run the Bamms off the 3 Line. FAIL

Great comeback. Deserved to lose, but for a choked CBM free throw, we are tied with 12 seconds to go. Gonna smoke em at Auburn Arena. Don’t mind losing a game, bound to happen. HATE losing to those Oat Thugs.

Disgree about pass  y running through Broome yes he scored a lot but if we had really run through him whole game he would have scored a lot more and we would have won easily.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Our guard play did not match theirs. We need great guard play in March. And 3pt shooting. 

I feel like the most important stretch was when we were making a run, and Sears answered with 7 points matching us. If Sears didn't do that I think our momentum becomes too much and we win this game. 

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

I feel like the most important stretch was when we were making a run, and Sears answered with 7 points matching us. If Sears didn't do that I think our momentum becomes too much and we win this game. 

Agreed

I get Bruce wants to be a players coach but he has to use the timeouts to save the players from themselves. U come out the gate running ur offense. Then u decide to want to prove a point be running and gunning with Bama wrong answer