Trovon Reed leaving for UCF (merged threads)

Good on him. Hope he gets some good reps on the field and comes back home down the road.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sthrndream1345162790 said:

It sands to reason with Auburn hiring Will Redmond.  He is doing the same job as Trovon.

I’m wondering if we saw this coming and that’s why we made that hire. 

• Like 1

Ugh. Wasn’t the news I expected to hear today. Gonna miss the tweets of we not done. Good luck to him.

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

I'm sorry to see him go too, but the reality is if he wants to coach he had to leave. We're not likely to hire someone who's never coached before, even 1 of our own. So let him go there, show he's a good coach (& I expect he will be!) & I'll bet anything we get him back. We already know he can recruit.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Auburn02 said:

But why 

A chance to coach on a the field. Hard to pass up that opportunity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sthrndream1345162790 said:

It sands to reason with Auburn hiring Will Redmond.  He is doing the same job as Trovon.

I thought Reed was doing the same job created for McGriff when he went off field?

Good move for Trovon.  If this guy from LSU can get Auburn to their level it’ll be worth it.  We like beating our chest for how well the 2025 class is going but look at LSUs.  Pretty ridiculous 

1 hour ago, Sthrndream1345162790 said:

I don’t think they did/do the same job, but maybe the same outcome is expected. I’m curious to see if Trovon decided to leave before or after Redmond was coming onboard

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Good move for Trovon.  If this guy from LSU can get Auburn to their level it’ll be worth it.  We like beating our chest for how well the 2025 class is going but look at LSUs.  Pretty ridiculous 

LSU hasn’t had 3 losing seasons in a row and played for an SEC title a couple of years ago

2 minutes ago, agent_jack said:

I don’t think they did/do the same job, but maybe the same outcome is expected. I’m curious to see if Trovon decided to leave before or after Redmond was coming onboard

I thought Reed’s job was more about players already in the system rather than recruitment. Know he did recruiting when 10 coaches were not on staff.

• WarTiger changed the title to Trovon Reed leaving for UCF (merged threads)
4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I thought Reed’s job was more about players already in the system rather than recruitment. Know he did recruiting when 10 coaches were not on staff.

I could have his job duties mixed up then. I thought he played a heavy role in recruiting alongside maintaining strong relationships with current players….

22 minutes ago, agent_jack said:

I could have his job duties mixed up then. I thought he played a heavy role in recruiting alongside maintaining strong relationships with current players….

That’s probably a better explanation than I gave. Don’t believe it was the same role that the new guy from LSU is doing though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wish Trovon well.  Great person.

He spoke at an Auburn Club I attended right before this season.  He said if he is still one of the top rate recruits Auburn ever signed by the time he leaves then he would feel he did not do his job very well.

Looks like he achieved that in this recruiting class.  Proud of him and hope to see him back one day.

I'm one of those heretic Malzahn fans - though it was time for him to move on - so....congratulations Gus, you're getting a good 'un.

• Like 1