Men vs Alabama Game Thread

War Damn J Will and 🧹 Brooooome Eagle!!!!!! Wooooooo!!!!! L F G!!!!!!! That’s what I’m talking about!!! Yesssirrrrr!!!!! 🦅🐅🐯💙🧡

IMG_6973.jpeg

IMG_6971.jpeg

IMG_6969.jpeg

IMG_6967.jpeg

IMG_6966.jpeg

IMG_6963.jpeg

• Haha 9

• Haha 4

I had other obligations early so I watched the game on delay. But I saw the entire game.

Seems like Bama took far fewer shots from 3 than usual. They were driving to the basket a lot more than I expected, where Auburn bigs were dominant.

What was that all about. Usually Bama is pumping 3s. Was the Auburn perimeter defense really all that good?

Of course, I was really excitd for Auburn beating Bama to a pulp inside.

Edited by AURex

15 minutes ago, AURex said:

I had other obligations early so I watched the game on delay. But I saw the entire game.

Seems like Bama took far fewer shots from 3 than usual. They were driving to the basket a lot more than I expected, where Auburn bigs were dominant.

What was that all about. Usually Bama is pumping 3s. Was the Auburn perimeter defense really all that good?

Of course, I was really excitd for Auburn beating Bama to a pulp inside.

I thought this was the best coached game of the year by Bruce et al.

yes, we defended the perimeter, didn’t double team the guards when they dove inside just to dish it off for a perimeter 3, and didn’t turn the ball over. What’s more, the insane number of foul calls rally kept bama from getting into rhythm in my opinion…which is because we were forcing them inside and our bigs just manhandled their little Oates-munchers all night long. Oates can go make himself a bowl of yogurt to cure that infection of his. 

• Haha 4

Thanks for the updates guys. Was out of town and was keeping up via this thread.  WDE!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Thanks for the updates guys. Was out of town and was keeping up via this thread.  WDE!!!

That's why we do it, or at least that's why I do! WDE!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

Defense will be what makes or breaks us tourney time. Defense is where we have a chance to be special

Somewhat. Pearl will definitely preach defense but we will ride or die with our guards, specifically point guard play.

• Like 2

Never seen so many fouls in a game in my life. Most fouls in any game in the country this season by a large margin, ridiculous!

Oats not running that mouth now hahahaha. 

man, this W feels so good. Best feeling dub of the year. 

(still can’t stand obnoxious Oats)

Edited by TAYLORKEETON
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, toddc said:

Never seen so many fouls in a game in my life. Most fouls in any game in the country this season by a large margin, ridiculous!

I know there was more fouls against Bama than au but it felt like it benefited them in a way. I think it might have been 110-75 type final score with 25-30% less foul calls. Seemed to slow our momentum several times.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jgarrett7 said:

I know there was more fouls against Bama than au but it felt like it benefited them in a way. I think it might have been 110-75 type final score with 25-30% less foul calls. Seemed to slow our momentum several times.

And let’s them rest! That’s what ticked me off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

That's why we do it, or at least that's why I do! WDE!

Jim Fyffe

Rod Bramblett

Maverick.AU

THE GOATs 😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Somewhat. Pearl will definitely preach defense but we will ride or die with our guards, specifically point guard play.

Tre has taken over the PG spot and looks fantastic!

He put in 14 last night.  Need to get Aden to run the O and he'll begin to fit the system as well.

Feeling a ton better about the PG spot

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Even with it we won't be special on offense. There's no way we get all league play or anything from our guards. But we do have potential to be a top 5 top 10 defense. We just need smart play from our guards nothing crazy. 

It's important to have offense, but if we do anything special any crazy run it's going to be because of defense. 

If it were to mirror football we can be like the 00 Baltimore Raven team that had dilfer at QB. Smart play from our lead guard, get the ball to JB, and control pace. 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I thought this was the best coached game of the year by Bruce et al.

yes, we defended the perimeter, didn’t double team the guards when they dove inside just to dish it off for a perimeter 3, and didn’t turn the ball over. What’s more, the insane number of foul calls rally kept bama from getting into rhythm in my opinion…which is because we were forcing them inside and our bigs just manhandled their little Oates-munchers all night long. Oates can go make himself a bowl of yogurt to cure that infection of his. 

We attacked and took the ball out of Sears hands early in their sets. We then recovered back to our initial match ups and we made the other guys make decisions. We made sure to recover and they didn't get the wide open shot, they then had to either swing, or drive to make plays.

We have a bunch of long athletic guys, we can hedge and recover as easily as we can switch. And when we switch if we have the right personnel the switch is almost like the same match up they were trying to avoid. We have multiple guys we can throw, we can keep flooding them. 

With a team like theirs with really only one play maker we can extend our defense to a point where they are so uncomfortable when they actually do get the ball they are still effected. 

Crazy thing is, we still have so much potential as far as improving the defense.... I'm excited as to where we can go with it. It's what I envisioned when we signed CBM and CJ.

Edited by cole256
  • Like 6

40 minutes ago, toddc said:

And let’s them rest! That’s what ticked me off.

Exactly. That was Sears just trying to do everything he can. It was smart. He knew momentum was mounting and they weren't getting good looks, and they were playing from behind so you need to score and you need the clock to stop moving. 

That's part of the intangible PG stuff they need to understand.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Exactly. That was Sears just trying to do everything he can. It was smart. He knew momentum was mounting and they weren't getting good looks, and they were playing from behind so you need to score and you need the clock to stop moving. 

It looked like the rest of their team basically quit with 10 minutes to go.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

It looked like the rest of their team basically quit with 10 minutes to go.

You always find out the character of a man when he is down, losing, or lost.  I feel like one thing many athletes miss or one of the things that coaches don't coach anymore is the way you lose matters.

Never let anybody see you quit. And you always compete. There's always a mental edge with sports, but especially basketball. I know personally I rarely loss to someone I really, really know I was better than. It's weird but when you know you can beat someone you can hit the craziest shots, it's almost like you will the ball to you or something.

You can't have people just thinking you can't compete with them, so you don't ever need to give up.  At least that's my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is why you don't come to conclusions theyy a team with an 18-4 record isn't very good..... Let your team grow, and improve throughout their season. 

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Who has time to research all of that in the last 12 hours?  😂

37 minutes ago, cole256 said:

KD did a great job on Sears.  That was a brilliant coach move by Pearl.  KD is quick and powerful enough to pressure Sears and not let him drive to the basket.  Sears was really frustrated, especially at the end of the 1st half, when time expired before he could get a shot off.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, BizEagle said:

KD did a great job on Sears.  That was a brilliant coach move by Pearl.  KD is quick and powerful enough to pressure Sears and not let him drive to the basket.  Sears was really frustrated, especially at the end of the 1st half, when time expired before he could get a shot off.

That’s one of the things I like to get my kids to do. Find the opponents best player and frustrate them to no end within the rules. 
Actually had one opposing player jump on my kids back because he was so frustrated. 😄

10 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

That’s one of the things I like to get my kids to do. Find the opponents best player and frustrate them to no end within the rules. 
Actually had one opposing player jump on my kids back because he was so frustrated. 😄

The one potential downside to last night was that we showed the SEC how to beat bammer with defensive execution and an inside power offense.  Shutting down Sears was extremely effective. He was finding trouble in front of his face all night. bammer was so frustrated, which led them to commit a lot of fouls.  Oates, complained about the fouls in his presser but it looked to me like he told them to foul, hoping that we couldn't hit our free throws.  UT and MSU may be the only competition that has the roster to execute on defense the way AU did last night.