Men vs Alabama Game Thread

It appears that Oates is calling out his best player.   That’s a bold move on his part.   Just out of dislike for anything roll tide, I hope it causes the season to unravel.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Disgusting, IMO.  

@cole256 give props! 

I can't wait to talk to his dad lol. I showed my wife this quote and she was just reading shaking her head trying to process it and the first thing her mind went to is Mark isn't going to say anything disrespectful back and then oooo I bet his dad is going to go off lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm trying not to you know just be in this thread taking up for Mark...... But yeah this guy is crazy.... You take Mark away from your team you are damn near a d2 team.... Maybe say something about your forwards getting owned. Mark is the only guy on you TEAM that won his match up.... But anyway I'm focused on Auburn. 

Last thing about Mark in this thread.... I'm proud of how he played. I think he earned respect from a bunch of people yesterday and it's amazing that people even talk about him period. 

But I'm an Auburn fan and I want Auburn to win. I don't really care a bunch about individual regular season games but I really really really really want us to make some noise in the tourney. I mean shake some s*** up ya know?

One of those kids from the 256 you’re always talking about!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Disgusting, IMO.  

@cole256 give props! 

Thankful to see him where he's at. I mean I remember when some made fun of him on here saying he wasn't good enough to play D1 and now look SEC player of the year candidate??? God is good.

But I don't think I will ever get over not being in the perfect world with him playing for us.....

I don't know what oats is smoking

• Like 1

Also us starting to click right around this time? Don't short change that guys.... This is optimal timing. I'm very excited about where we are. We should all be. This is good stuff for us

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Bama loses by 50 without Sears in that game.  Dude was out there for 37 minutes and had 25 pts, 9 reb, and 4 assists.  

Oats is a pretty good floor coach but the stuff that comes out of that man's mouth...

Man if ever anybody had diarrhea of the mouth…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PotPot said:

I am confused. How can there be any downside to showing the rest of the SEC how to beat uat?

Amen! I hope they don't win another game.

• Like 1

Someone said, "The game in Tuscaloosa was a nail biter, but the game in Auburn was a pillow biter".

• Haha 2

Getting close to the 24 hour rule so I will just give my worthless and meaningless  opinion on the Florida game coming up Saturday! 😂😂the O Dome has been our house of horrors for basketball. It is to basketball what death valley’s tiger stadium was to football. We haven’t won there in 30 years or so….

worst possible timing for this game. We are due for a big emotional letdown Saturday. We needed a “gimme game” after the maaaaaj bama home win. In a perfect world this would have been one of the vandy games or the mizzou game. Not trying to break the O dome curse. I unfortunately think we play our worst game of the season there Saturday and get beat by double digits. They didn’t have a mid week game so they have been able to prepare for us all week.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Getting close to the 24 hour rule so I will just give my worthless and meaningless  opinion on the Florida game coming up Saturday! 😂😂the O Dome has been our house of horrors for basketball. It is to basketball what death valley’s tiger stadium was to football. We haven’t won there in 30 years or so….

worst possible timing for this game. We are due for a big emotional letdown Saturday. We needed a “gimme game” after the maaaaaj bama home win. In a perfect world this would have been one of the vandy games or the mizzou game. Not trying to break the O dome curse. I unfortunately think we play our worst game of the season there Saturday and get beat by double digits. They didn’t have a mid week game so they have been able to prepare for us all week.

You’re 100% spot on. Something about the pressurized air squeezes our teams’ ability to play well.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Amazingly, I remember a couple of Barbee's teams having a couple of good UF teams beaten there, then give it away.

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Florida on the road gives me pause. Florida without Castleton getting the most absurd calls all game seems promising.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Good KD, bad KD..we're still gonna miss this guy when he's gone...

I LOVE KD!!!!!!   His passion is off the charts!!!   Now that Bruce knows exactly how to maximize his impact on the team, we get a lot more “good KD” and a lot less “bad KD”.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I usually agree with you, but…  

…Unfortunately, I agree with you here too.   Wrong time, wrong place and all that.   I don’t feel good about this game.  😰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I usually agree with you, but…  

…Unfortunately, I agree with you here too.   Wrong time, wrong place and all that.   I don’t feel good about this game.  😰

AU will beat Florida by 6 . Something changed at Ole Miss. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

Thankful to see him where he's at. I mean I remember when some made fun of him on here saying he wasn't good enough to play D1 and now look SEC player of the year candidate??? God is good.

But I don't think I will ever get over not being in the perfect world with him playing for us.....

I thought you weren’t going to say anything else about him.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Prior failure does not predict future failure.  

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

for the record i did not give nate a dang thing.............

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

for the record i did not give nate a dang thing.............

😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, toddc said:

Never seen so many fouls in a game in my life. Most fouls in any game in the country this season by a large margin, ridiculous!

I thought that should have been more called as Bama was really beating us up inside and on our backs rebounding 

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Same....that game has letdown written all over it. If the team does come out and stay focused then big props to them and the coaches being able to pull it off. 

• Like 1

Road game against a good SEC opponent.  Yeah, it will be tough. But I don't think we lose unless we shoot 20% or less on our 3's.  And I don't think that will happen. We are getting better on shot selection and Jones and CBM are coming on.  I think it's another statement win. We'll see soon enough.

• Thanks 1