Trump said he’d encourage Russia

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Two state solution?  I know Israel would be one state, pray tell who would be the other if Hamas is still around?  It seems this weak administration doesn’t realize your enemy has to be beaten before you let up.  Like Afghanistan, Hamas will hide in their tunnels until the West forces Israel into a cease fire and then come out waving their Hamas flags and declare victory.

Why do you think terrorism flourishes?  Why do you think Ben Laden said America doesn’t have the stomach for war?  How do you be *smart enough* when you are fighting a foe that is more focused on their mission than you are?

How many administrations left us wasting lives and treasure in that wasteland called Afghanistan, while knowing the way it would end was inevitable?  Too many.   We acted as though Afghans would respond like the Japanese after WWII.  That was never going to happen.  Two trillion dollars could have been $10 trillion and 20 years could have been 40 years.  The result would have been the same.  Japan was a first world nation. They weren't driven by an extremist ideology. 

Your comments about "this administration" only serve to reinforce the fact that you are viewing this only by way of the most partisan lens available.

Hamas is already defeated in every meaningful way.  Israel will complete the task of executing every known member of Hamas.  However, that won't extinguish Palestinian hate towards Israel.  The name of the political leadership will change, but the desire of those living in Gaza to exact some degree of revenge will only deepen.  I support their right to eradicate every trace of Hamas they can, but then a plan has to be implemented that allows those in Gaza to have a future with some degree of hope.  If you remove that, the only option for peace would be to eradicate an entire race of people.  That is not acceptable.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

How many administrations left us wasting lives and treasure in that wasteland called Afghanistan, while knowing the way it would end was inevitable?  Too many.   We acted as though Afghans would respond like the Japanese after WWII.  That was never going to happen.  Two trillion dollars could have been $10 trillion and 20 years could have been 40 years.  The result would have been the same.  Japan was a first world nation. They weren't driven by an extremist ideology. 

No agreement here; we never had an exit strategy for this fight.

25 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Your comments about "this administration" only serve to reinforce the fact that you are viewing this only by way of the most partisan lens available.

The comparison with Afghan and Hamas is they both will declare victory when (not if) the West talks Israel into a cease fire.  Do you think differently?

30 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I support their right to eradicate every trace of Hamas they can, but then a plan has to be implemented that allows those in Gaza to have a future with some degree of hope.

This is what is unknown to us at this time.  It will take time, but it is possible.  I would think Israel will have a say in the newly formed government and when that may happen.  Time will tell.  What would help would be if other Arab countries would actually accept Palestinians as refugees, but for some reason they won’t.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

No agreement here; we never had an exit strategy for this fight.

The comparison with Afghan and Hamas is they both will declare victory when (not if) the West talks Israel into a cease fire.  Do you think differently?

This is what is unknown to us at this time.  It will take time, but it is possible.  I would think Israel will have a say in the newly formed government and when that may happen.  Time will tell.  What would help would be if other Arab countries would actually accept Palestinians as refugees, but for some reason they won’t.

I agree that Hamas and Afghans are alike in that way.  I just believe that, no matter what leadership changes take place or what they are called, the extremists will remain in charge.  They may talk pretty for a few years, but they will be preparing the entire time for their next jihad of some kind.  When they took hostages, they returned to Gaza with them on the front of cars and back of trucks.  As they drove them thru the streets, people were cheering from windows and along the sidewalks.  That is a great deal more support than some narratives want to claim today.

As for the refugees, It would help, but Jordan is a delicate tinder box that has no interest in having more extremists added to their problems.  Egypt is similar, although more capable of taking them in.  Lebanon is barely a functioning country and is controlled by Hezbollah, which is Hamas part II.  It really is a cluster of a mess.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I agree that Hamas and Afghans are alike in that way.  I just believe that, no matter what leadership changes take place or what they are called, the extremists will remain in charge.  They may talk pretty for a few years, but they will be preparing the entire time for their next jihad of some kind.  When they took hostages, they returned to Gaza with them on the front of cars and back of trucks.  As they drove them thru the streets, people were cheering from windows and along the sidewalks.  That is a great deal more support than some narratives want to claim today.

As for the refugees, It would help, but Jordan is a delicate tinder box that has no interest in having more extremists added to their problems.  Egypt is similar, although more capable of taking them in.  Lebanon is barely a functioning country and is controlled by Hezbollah, which is Hamas part II.  It really is a cluster of a mess.

The Palestinians, as a culture, are unhinged and we see the support around the globe for Gaza and their *cause* and that is a problem.  These are disrupters and just want change for change sack.  BLM, Antifa and others pockets of radicals see this as an opportunity to wreck havoc to forward their campaign against the *colonizers*.

I do hope we take the advise of other Arab countries and do not accept Palestinian refugees.

On 2/11/2024 at 8:47 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Sounds like an ultimatum to pay up or suffer the consequences.  Ah, the art of the deal, I wouldn’t think you would understand.

THAT is the Orange Cheeto making up a lie on the go, knowing that a dingus like you won't be able to tell the difference.