Men vs UK Game Thread

Nice insight by the sideline reporter 

“JWill has a knee injury “

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Last 48.

If you’ve seen us play 48 seasons and you’re in here bitching about one game during our “golden era” then idk what to tell you. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Well

bama up 2 games now

congrats to them

Oats came to the SEC and bought Bruce out pretty quickly, so, not surprising, really.  

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I will say, that 2018-19 game game here, KY was up significantly and Bryce Brown turned into a flame thrower...

And that game was heavily neutralized by us winning the elite 8 game. They got us 2 times that season in the regular season. 

• Like 1

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

If you’ve seen us play 48 seasons and you’re in here bitching about one game during our “golden era” then idk what to tell you. 

So…you set the over-under for bitching?  I never got the memo. 

And how many years have you followed Auburn basketball?

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Bro most here absolutely love Auburn but it’s ok to be objective 

• Like 1

this is turning into a springer show

2 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I understand. This is a good AU team, but extremely inconsistent. Hope we can just get to the semis in the SEC tourney and hope for a 5 or 6 seed in the tourney. BP has done the greatest turnaround for AU mens BB, but ever since the final four team, we’ve been good, but not great, which translates into fun and excitement for us fans, but to me, it seems we are slipping further away from a potential Championship since then. It’s just my take. I love AU. 

Basketball is such a crap shoot, over 300 D-1 teams compared to NCAAF where the power 5 dynamic features about 60 teams whereby only 20-30 can truly win a championship.  

I disagree with you on the "slipping away from a potential championship."  I think it's obvious this team's ceiling probably isn't championship, but Auburn basketball is becoming a perennial top 4 SEC team; you have to have that reputation to keep the recruiting cycles going to hope to catch lightning in a bottle.  One great point guard or two good shooters away from making another 2019 run in either 2025-2026.  I still think this team ends up in the Sweet 16 though.

2 minutes ago, NES said:

Bruce need a stud personality at guard with size aka Mustapha Heron type

That's one slot that we've been concerned with the misses on for a while, and yeah they've added up. Really ever since missing out on Jalen Green to the GLeague, never even got close with landing that type of shooting guard again (for one reason or another). I think missing the high end playmaker was an even bigger problem, but you can pick either one tbh. 

• Like 1

That's just horse crap

This this thiiiiiiis!!!!! Don’t think Kentucky did Jack s*** on defense. 

• Like 3

I like how Denver's played today.  Would be nice if this sparks a late-season run from him

• Like 4

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Unclench your panties, Alice. I wasn’t “bitching.” It is what is. About this point in the season the final 4 team turned a corner and began shooting well pretty consistently. At some point that needs to happen to advance. Losing a game at home is one thing. This team can go just ice cold. They may pick it up and finish strong, I’m just saying I’m done assuming they’ve turned a corner because they blow a ranked team out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2