Men vs UK Game Thread

• Sad 1

Why are game threads where we lose have a lot more comments than when we win? Not a good look.

• Like 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Why are game threads where we lose have a lot more comments than when we win? Not a good look.

Same as the football threads. It draws out all the worms from under the wood pile. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

If we could say this is just “one of these days” type of games, this is it. We literally shot in the worst home game of the season in 8 years. It’s truly one of these days. Just gotta learn from this and move on. These boys will be just fine

• Like 2

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Same as the football threads. It draws out all the worms from under the wood pile. 

Why would supposed AU fan’s rather be miserable and talk about a loss than have fun and talk about a win?!

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol Lawrence can’t shoot for ish from 3. That wasn’t a miss but a blessing. Come on we didn’t go hard after D cam. Been there done that. We may of had a token preliminary call. 

Lawrence has a scoring game outside of the three and is in a different tier than Chris Moore as a talent, this isn't even arguable lol. All 3 of those names would be much better than Chris and honestly Chaney lol 

• Like 1

Not a good look? lol! 

Are you in your status symbol pj’s yet? Tell me what brand so I can go get some..

• Haha 1

Just now, AUDynasty said:

If we could say this is just “one of these days” type of games, this is it. We literally shot in the worst home game of the season in 8 years. It’s truly one of these days. Just gotta learn from this and move on. These boys will be just fine

But our championship hopes are basically gone now. And don't say this team is capable of winning the national title, it ain't.

Why would supposed AU fan’s rather be miserable and talk about a loss than have fun and talk about a win?!

Because they’re a**holes? Idk. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

That is what is consistent about Pearl coached Auburn teams.  Bad shooting. Unless its a home game where they over perform. 

Unfortunately, they were probably what they really are tonight.

I don't buy that 31% shooting is the norm. They are one of the top offensive efficiency teams in the country

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

But our championship hopes are basically gone now. And don't say this team is capable of winning the national title, it ain't.

SEC regular championship was always hard knowing our schedule compared to our fellow SEC teams, but this team has what it takes to go far. Who knows what can happen? These losses could be just what we need to come up with a formula that could fuel a deep run. We could be bounced early but we could go far. Let’s just enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Because they’re a**holes? Idk. 

You two should get a room and have some cheese with all of your whine.

2 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

lol that’s the only thing that would get you excited now is to win a natty? If that’s how you view sports lawwwwwd. You aren’t ever going to be happy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDynasty said:

SEC regular championship was always hard knowing our schedule compared to our fellow SEC teams, but this team has what it takes to go far. Who knows what can happen? These losses could be just what we need to come up with a formula that could fuel a deep run. We could be bounced early but we could go far. Let’s just enjoy the ride.

Winning a sec regular season title still means a lot to us and the opportunity to hang another banner since we have minimal bball success in our history. We will look back on losing those 2 at bama and state as what really hurt our chances. A split would have been huge there. Also bama getting lucky at Georgia after being down 17. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol that’s the only thing that would get you excited now is to win a natty? If that’s how you view sports lawwwwwd. You aren’t ever going to be happy.

You’re right. ‘Cause we ain’t winning no natty! 😂

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not to mention the ncaa championship in basketball is probably the toughest thing to win in collegiate sports due to its one-and-done elimination format. It’s the best format if you enjoy rooting for cinderellas but the toughest if you expect your team to win.

1 minute ago, arktiger1975 said:

The team that pulverized South Carolina easily makes the final four. Elite team shooting. The team tonight loses in the first round. The problem is you have to win 4 straight games to make the final four - and tonight’s team (and the team that got hammered by Fla) is always lurking on any given day. Pure Jekyll and Hyde (and you can using tell in the 1st 5 mins of any game which team it is).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Thanks but I think I'm done, too much negativity and better options out there than me taking time out of day to do play by play for a basketball game. I -also lost my best friend, who took his own life less than 48 hours ago. I think I'm just gonna move on.

I’m so sorry for your loss Mav . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Winning a sec regular season title still means a lot to us and the opportunity to hang another banner since we have minimal bball success in our history. We will look back on losing those 2 at bama and state as what really hurt our chances. A split would have been huge there. Also bama getting lucky at Georgia after being down 17. 

We always had a smaller margin of error given our schedule for SEC. We needed to win our tough games and to have some breaks go our way. We didn’t capitalize on some games and they did. It is what it is. But I’ll trade a regular season SEC championship if it meant we got a deeper run than Bama does.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

I just ain't seeing it this year.

When Auburn plays Auburn ball they are fine. It’s when they feel the need to shoot a bunch a threes is what get them into trouble. It was just one of those night everything went south.  Auburn had been better at the free throw line and even that wasn’t good