GT Final Analysis

CCTAU

Not sure where to start.

Mr. Gibbs, welcome to big time college football. Not really sure what kinda defense we showed up in. Gibbs did, however, adjust. Just may have been a little too late.

Borges, What happened to last year's plays. I never once saw Devin or Ben dragging across the middle. Tre is a good back, but my goodness play some bigger guys. Also, what happened to a few more RBs out of the backfield. I mean catching the ball north and south, not east and west.

Once we could not establish a consistent running game, I knew Cox was in for a long night. I felt he played a really nice game for his opener and also for being thrown to the wolves. Guy can throw a football. But the odds will eventually catch up with you.

Line not coached well at all. Too many penalties for stupid stuff. Looked like a broken screen door. On the INT where BC's arm was hit, the guy was double teamed and still got through. And Tre needs to learn how to block when he's on the QBs blind side. Too many little details missed that talent will not overcome.

GT is no slouch. They are a very well coached team and got up for this game. We, on the other hand, seemed to still be learning.

Officiating. This should never cause you to lose a game. BUT. This group of officials were not very good. And for us to have them for our first game out and in a close game, did not help our cause. I think I would request NEVER to be on any field with them again. Not that they did not give us all our calls, they allowed too many dangerous, and malicious, hits on our QB and WRs.

Overall, we looked like a team that was young and inexperienced. I'm dying inside at the loss. But I see by the end of the season, a really solid team. But we must get the running game going. And that means somebody other than just Tre must play the first quarter.

WAR EAGLE!

I saw a young QB get better in the second quarter and play well into the third, but the untimely INTs when the Tigers had the momentum and the GT D on their heels killed us! We could have won this game by 10, instead we lose by 9 to a good team at this point in the season. A tough loss when you see the Offense go up and down the field and only score 14 points!!!!

This team has a chance to get better the next 4 games. Miss State is the start of a rebound that will hopefully get our problems worked out before the LSU game.

War Eagle!

We should beat Mis St. but they will be better than last year. Could be a close game especially if we cannot run the ball or block blitzes. I see a high priority on improving the running game and the overall play of the line (OL and DL). I feel we have to get bigger in the backfield if we are going to be successful running.

Archived