Officiating Comments

AUfan91

Tonights game was a tough loss and BC made alot of bad throws that were costly but I was pissed off when BC got that cheap shot like that. In my opinion, I think it should have been 1st and 10 for AU, not 1st and 25 for GT. The officials were sorry and the commentaters were byass, especially Ron Franklin. The commentaters were quick to make a comment on AU's mistakes but did not really say anything about GT's. I honestly believe that if the penalty's went AU's way, we may be celebrating a victory. I know the SEC's officiating is bad but tonighs ACC officials were absolutely pathetic. Please, feel free to comment.

:au:

Officiating did suck but we really beat ourselves... We were in the game up until all the turnovers... Defense was constantly backed up on the field, we came out slow then picked it up but made the mountain to high to climb.

You can't pin this one on the officials. It was AU's fault pure and simple. GT came ready, we didn't. GT played relativly mistake free, we were tossing up the ball to the nearest defender ever time we got on their side of the field. We had our chances and blew them several times. We learn, and move on. Refs call or not, we still lose on effort and preparedness alone.

I thought the calls were inconsistent and had a slight GT lean. Example is the PI that was called on Lee against Johnson when the ball was out of bounds, later the same stuff was going on with Devin steaking and was a no call.

Holding was inconsistent, some of those shots behind Ball you could see the same thing going on that got a TD called back for us.

Thing that ticked me off, the missed calls on Brandon. Two late hits that both involved shots to the head and then the missed call where the guy drove his face into the ground (which was just cheap). I don't know how you miss those.

Also what was so pathetic about the ACC officials were, they supposedly said "we now have instant replay". Obviously they never used it. Also, Instead of the NCAA griping about FSU's mascot and other school's mascots, they should straighten them officals up. BC needs to mature with his decisions but also the O line needs to mature too cause tehy're all young kids trying to do something, so it wasn't just one person screwing up tonight.

BTW, I'm still proud to be an :au: fan! War Eagle!

I saw a few inconsistant calls, but we did not deserve to win, pure and simple - 5 turnovers in the second half says it all - our QB and O-line blew it. The D was slow to get stared, but at least showed up the the second half.

4 FOUR FOUR FOUR!!! head shots on Cox...the refs didn't give a rat's arse about COx!!

2 PIs on GT's corners not called that would've put us well into scoring position...

COX's `collapse' had a TON to do with him getting banged around ILLEGALLY without being protected byt the ACC REFS!!!

I saw 2 cheap shots on Cox, and 1 was after an interception so it was legal. It was blocking.

Other than that, the officiating seemed consistent to me. They were calling it REAL tight. Too tight if you ask me.

The diff seemed to be that our calls happened at critical times that really hurt us. GT's seemed to be less costly, or many were declined.

Tonights game was a tough loss and BC made alot of bad throws that were costly but I was pissed off when BC got that cheap shot like that. In my opinion, I think it should have been 1st and 10 for AU, not 1st and 25 for GT. The officials were sorry and the commentaters were byass, especially Ron Franklin. The commentaters were quick to make a comment on AU's mistakes but did not really say anything about GT's. I honestly believe that if the penalty's went AU's way, we may be celebrating a victory. I know the SEC's officiating is bad but tonighs ACC officials were absolutely pathetic. Please, feel free to comment.

:au:

178160[/snapback]

Did you happen to notice the colors the commentators were wearing? Bad choice if you want to appear unbiased.

You can't pin this one on the officials.  It was AU's fault pure and simple.  GT came ready, we didn't.  GT played relativly mistake free, we were tossing up the ball to the nearest defender ever time we got on their side of the field.  We had our chances and blew them several times.  We learn, and move on.  Refs call or not, we still lose on effort and preparedness alone.

178167[/snapback]

Good post Jared. Remember also the times we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties that stalled &/or killed drives. Place the blame where it belongs, not on the officials.

Yeah surrrre raven..Cox got everything in the book done to him and not a single call to protect him.

We had about 7 or 8 false start penalties but if Cox is PROTECTED by the officials we win the game. PERIOD.

FSU and V-TECH are known for cheap shots...now u know why. The ACC allows cheap shots w/no consequences..

You can't pin this one on the officials.  It was AU's fault pure and simple.  GT came ready, we didn't.  GT played relativly mistake free, we were tossing up the ball to the nearest defender ever time we got on their side of the field.  We had our chances and blew them several times.  We learn, and move on.  Refs call or not, we still lose on effort and preparedness alone.

178167[/snapback]

Good post Jared. Remember also the times we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties that stalled &/or killed drives. Place the blame where it belongs, not on the officials.

178243[/snapback]

I agree. Refs aren't perfect and teams take cheap shots, but champions find a way to win despite that. The refs did not beat us, Ga Tech and the Auburn Tigers beat us! I am not interested in excuses. After spending the last two years making fun of our Tuscaloosa neighbors for blaming everyone and everything but themselves, I refuse to go down that path. I understand our frustration and it's easy to pick out specific calls that we don't like, but I cannot stress how much, personally, it bothers me to hear Auburn fans making excuses or trying to place the blame on officials.

We lost because we made mistakes, did not execute well, did not protect Cox, couldn't run, and did not play defense like the returning #1 scoring defense in the nation. If we do those things correctly, refs and/or cheap shots don't matter.

PLEASE! Let's not become whinners like fans of a certain west Alabama team ("if, if, if"..."It's not our fault, it's not our fault") We have more class than that! We lost because Tech outplayed us. However, I have confidence that we are going to get better and outplay a lot of other people.

In the meantime, IT'S STILL GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER and I love my team!

Archived