NCAA Round 1 - AU vs Yale

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

Seems cbm picks out someone to fight with during a game.

That's a lot of flying to play 3 mins 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, thewhiz7 said:

I'm so disappointed. Officiating was absolutely awful. However,  they did not miss the free throws and layups. I really like CBM and my hope is that he matures from this experience. 

I think he’ll be our leading scorer next year but he has to quit being nasty. 

Just now, TigerOne said:

Seems cbm picks out someone to fight with during a game.

He got into a couple situations mid season and then started embracing the bad guy role too much. Hopefully, he is humbled now.

• Like 1

Now we can bitch about how far it is to get back home and don’t have to worry about getting to Boston.

Just now, alexava said:

I think he’ll be our leading scorer next year but he has to quit being nasty. 

Disagree. He just needs to refocus that energy. When other players mess with him, he gets angry and loses his cool. He needs to flood that aggression into focus and hit them where it hurts. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

At this point, who cares about the rest of the teams. My team is out. The only reason to care at this point is if your bracket isn’t totally busted. 

If your bracket ain’t busted by now, you were drunk bracketing to begin with!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Out played, out coaches, and got pushed around by an inferior team.  It was a matter of time before Chad did something that cost this team.  

We did not get out coached. Players did not make plays

• Like 4

We didn't full court press not ONCE! Literally let Yale walk up the court and set up their offense. 

In hindsight I guess we were just a mediocre team beating other mediocre SEC teams all year. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Our team mojo took a 180 as soon as CBM was ejected. We never looked the same after that. 

I’d bet the house that the Yale player was coached to antagonize him to try to get some techs called. Worked like a charm. 

• Like 4

Just now, jluvah said:

If your bracket ain’t busted by now, you were drunk bracketing to begin with!

Yep. I have 2 of my final 4 gone already. I won’t be watching any more basketball.

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

We did not get out coached. Players did not make plays

We got out coached too. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

I’d bet the house that the Yale player was coached to antagonize him to try to get some techs called. Worked like a charm. 

Probably. Smart move by them. Dumb move by CBM for playing into it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

Disagree. He just needs to refocus that energy. When other players mess with him, he gets angry and loses his cool. He needs to flood that aggression into focus and hit them where it hurts. 

He’s an instigator. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

There’s probably some truth to that. Good point. 

• Like 1

Anyone hear how Broome is. He got beat up pretty good, but kept on giving it his all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

In hindsight I guess we were just a mediocre team beating other mediocre SEC teams all year. 

It’s very hard to wrap the brain around what’s happened for sure. 

If we're being honest we all knew we had weak points that were bound to show up sooner or later. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just now, fishepa said:

Don’t be ridiculous. We had an off day. It happens. Sucks that it happened in the first round. But go look at the stats. We played badly today compared to the most of the rest of the season outside of maybe that loss to UK.

• Like 1

That pretty much sums it up. That’s how it looks anyways as the SEC is getting taken to the woodshed in this tournament.  

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

That's a lot of flying to play 3 mins 

The white dude did what CBM does. The play before , the Yale guy hit him in the throat on the way down the court. It pisses him off (rightly so) and he paid him back in a very obvious way (not smart). There are ways to retaliate. That ain't it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, alexava said:

He’s an instigator. 

He wasn’t today. The Yale player hit him in the throat. I would’ve been angry too.

• Like 1

Just now, e808 said:

That pretty much sums it up. That’s how it looks anyways as the SEC is getting taken to the woodshed in this tournament.  

Is Tennessee the only team that has won? Hopefully it stays that way after tonight, too.

Bruce needs to find players with poise. 

This team has too many low IQ players

Shame a good season get wasted by selfish play. Bruce has to own the fact that he can't get it into their heads that the playoffs are different and it's time to focus and you won't be able to get away with stupid plays. He likes the fast and loose style which is great in regular season - but now possessions are precious and we wasted like 6 or 7 in a row with dumb plays.

• Like 1