NCAA Round 1 - AU vs Yale

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

For all the talk of a 10-11 man rotation, i  can’t say I ever saw a huge competitive advantage except maybe deep into the sec tournament with  daily play. Clearly it’s a nice to have but I’m not sure it deserves the epic headline that was made of it.

Not in this game, Auburn looked tired

The main reason this loss is so depressing is we lost to a team that we had a lot more talent than. I may not like it, but I can stomach losing to a better team. No excuse for losing this game.

• Like 1

I will say CBM a boneheaded decision. Very surprised Auburn came out flat after the half. Since J Will is the winniest Auburn player  would have loved for him to a have not today approach. Yale won’t be winning this game in my watch. I know he rolled his ankle but also know that’s not his demeanor 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's not a matter if who's better. If AU is satisfied with only being revelant, then stay the course. If Pearl has hit his ceiling that's what we will have. That's my question.  Do we only want to be revelant? Can BP get us past that? Legit Questions.

Legit answer. If we could hire a better coach , I'm all for it. I've been an AU fan for 67 years. I've been an AU basketball fan for 67 years. I also love basketball, though I'm a bit bored with the current state of the NBA. Who is the coach that we could hire to make us more relevant than we are now, cause I don't know one. Legit question, who do you want to hire that's better than what we have?

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

Longer than that. I made a comment early on in the season about how I started noticing a pattern around CBM's behavior and got blasted on here for it. It's been a season building behavior for him.

CBM is a provocateur and prompted several F1s from other players over the season.  The Yale guy gave him a dose of his medicine with cheapy and CBM couldn’t handle it.  Got caught retaliating. I love his intensity but he needs to grow up.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Longer than that. I made a comment early on in the season about how I started noticing a pattern around CBM's behavior and got blasted on here for it. It's been a season building behavior for him.

This should create a more focused player. 
I mean, you would have thought he was dropping off random guns to random people…

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

For all the talk of a 10-11 man rotation, i  can’t say I ever saw a huge competitive advantage except maybe deep into the sec tournament with  daily play. Clearly it’s a nice to have but I’m not sure it deserves the epic headline that was made of it.

We would have had to win for it to matter. Like you said you saw it a bit in the SEC tourney

• Like 1

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

The main reason this loss is so depressing is we lost to a team that we had a lot more talent than. I may not like it, but I can stomach losing to a better team. No excuse for losing this game.

App st part 2. Throw in New Mexico State in football and its becoming a friggin pattern for fans to cope with.  Small schools. Hell, next time I see mercer on schedule in any sport I’m gonna scream in terror.

• Like 1

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

Legit answer. If we could hire a better coach , I'm all for it. I've been an AU fan for 67 years. I've been an AU basketball fan for 67 years. I also love basketball, though I'm a bit bored with the current state of the NBA. Who is the coach that we could hire to make us more relevant than we are now, cause I don't know one. Legit question, who do you want to hire that's better than what we have?

We also have to consider BP has limited time left. Everyone assumes he will stay till he's 70 but I'm not so sure. I'm even less sure if we don't agree to some sucession plan for his son, which I think is a terrible idea, and as much as I love BP, don't think that's worth it.

I dont know if it's realistic, but why not go after a Jerome Tang out of KSU, or lure Todd Golden away from Florida. There are plenty of coaches at other similar level schools you may be able to lure with attractive incentives and better leagues and or facilities and resources that can match BP's relevancy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's not a matter if who's better. If AU is satisfied with only being revelant, then stay the course. If Pearl has hit his ceiling that's what we will have. That's my question.  Do we only want to be revelant? Can BP get us past that? Legit Questions.

I just think some things Bruce does makes you scratch your head. That's my main problem with the guy. I think he can get us past it, but we sure been wondering when he'll get over the hump and put it all together with one of these teams. We were one DUDE at PG away this year I feel like...without it...you get the result you saw tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arktiger1975 said:

That’s the thing unlike football u don’t have to drive the field on a bunch of dudes and try to score . All u need is one dude that can get u buckets. Auburn gets contributions from the team. Dont have a guy u can say here u go take us home  that can make shots and free throws

App st part 2. Throw in New Mexico State in football and its becoming a friggin pattern for fans to cope with.  Small schools. Hell, next time I see mercer on schedule in any sport I’m gonna scream in terror.

App State was better than Yale.

• Like 1

Auburn loves to help the little guy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Nobody.  I'm satisfied with just getting to the tourney and winning a game once in a blue moon. Even if we get beat by a Saturday morning, knee brace wearing rec league team .  As long as we are revelant , I'm good. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

We also have to consider BP has limited time left. Everyone assumes he will stay till he's 70 but I'm not so sure. I'm even less sure if we don't agree to some sucession plan for his son, which I think is a terrible idea, and as much as I love BP, don't think that's worth it.

I dont know if it's realistic, but why not go after a Jerome Tang out of KSU, or lure Todd Golden away from Florida. There are plenty of coaches at other similar level schools you may be able to lure with attractive incentives and better leagues and or facilities and resources that can match BP's relevancy.

This season aged Bruce 5 years

I hate to keep harping on 2019 but u had all of that. U could spread the floor with Harper or Bruce. They could drive and make their free throws. Then u had long athletic bigs who could clean up missed shots

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's not a matter of not liking him.  . What he did was selfish.  Even if it was retaliation.  We needed him to win. How can we count on him next yr if he loses his cool so easily.  It's been building the last 3 or 4 games.

He lost his temper. Yes it hurt. But not wanting him on the team is crazy IMO. Mostly every good team has a guy like that. Some people are better than others in controlling their emotions. 

He won us more than he cost us though, and we definitely are better with him. Talking and stuff is part of basketball

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

App State was better than Yale.

Not sure about that. App State won at home and isn’t in the tournament. I would say subjective . IIRC Auburns last neutral site lost was Baylor

Edited by e808

4 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I just think some things Bruce does makes you scratch your head. That's my main problem with the guy. I think he can get us past it, but we sure been wondering when he'll get over the hump and put it all together with one of these teams. We were one DUDE at PG away this year I feel like...without it...you get the result you saw tonight.

Yeah, can BP get us over the hump? How much longer can he hang his hat on  1 final 4.. I mean  South Carolina got to a final 4 few yrs ago. 

• Like 1

Just now, e808 said:

Not sure about that. App State won at home and isn’t in the tournament. I would say subjective 

They were certainly more impressive over the course of the season. 

8 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

And it was the same when jabari was here. That's what I blame Pearl at. He saw we were bad at guard and if the promise stuff was true as far as making it to the guys he brought in...... That's just very bad decision making

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah, can BP get us over the hump? How much longer can he hang his hat on  1 final 4.. I mean  South Carolina got to a final 4 few yrs ago. 

There comes a point, and this is no knock on Bruce, where a coach has reached his ceiling at a program. The point where he has taken them as far as he can. That is true for nearly all coaches. Now have we reached that point with Bruce? I don't know. I certainly hope not.

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

And it was the same when jabari was here. That's what I blame Pearl at. He saw we were bad at guard and if the promise stuff was true as far as making it to the guys he brought in...... That's just very bad decision making

This was my entire message that year and the next (after keeping those sub par guards again) that got GWill to go on a crusade against my existence.

• Haha 1

Just now, cole256 said:

I agree. He brought in some guards that were solid secondary players, but not real difference makers.

9 minutes ago, e808 said:

I hate to keep harping on 2019 but u had all of that. U could spread the floor with Harper or Bruce. They could drive and make their free throws. Then u had long athletic bigs who could clean up missed shots

And they were cat quick. This team showed glimpses of it when we played at home and went on runs - but not enough. That’s what drove me nuts today - damn we  just plodded around and looked slow.

Edited by auburnatl1