What is the Democrat's plan for RFK Jr.?

19 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Granted, both sides have scientifically ignorant people. But you see it identified much more with MAGAs. 

Why is that?

I submit it's because in order to believe such a ridiculous thing, you have to first believe in vast scientific conspiracies, which - as we have seen on this very forum - is more typical of MAGA conservatives..

image.thumb.png.755bccb4112910449194f1eac00e4483.png

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Granted, both sides have scientifically ignorant people. But you see it identified much more with MAGAs. 

Why is that?

I submit it's because in order to believe such a ridiculous thing, you have to first believe in vast scientific conspiracies, which - as we have seen on this very forum - is more typical of MAGA conservatives..

I know Dems love to brand most Republicans with the MAGA tag, that is not the case however with respect to the COVID pandemic and vaccinations.   I took the initial vaccination and two boosters and my 11 year old son was also vaccinated.  At the time our government was mandating vaccination for all military personnel and were strongly advocating and using various methods to persuade government employees to be vaccinated.  Many government personnel felt they had no choice in the matter.  Looking back and knowing what we know now about COVID I am not sure if I would have my 11 year old vaccinated and or if I would have taken any boosters.

Any future vaccination programs will be colored by the way our government handled the COVID vaccination program and the right to choose to be vaccinated is on a lot of people’s minds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JMWATS said:

I know Dems love to brand most Republicans with the MAGA tag, that is not the case however with respect to the COVID pandemic and vaccinations.   I took the initial vaccination and two boosters and my 11 year old son was also vaccinated.  At the time our government was mandating vaccination for all military personnel and were strongly advocating and using various methods to persuade government employees to be vaccinated.  Many government personnel felt they had no choice in the matter.  Looking back and knowing what we know now about COVID I am not sure if I would have my 11 year old vaccinated and or if I would have taken any boosters.

Any future vaccination programs will be colored by the way our government handled the COVID vaccination program and the right to choose to be vaccinated is on a lot of people’s minds.

1. First, I congratulate you on acting rationally about vaccinations. 

2. I am obviously making generalizations, for which there are always exceptions.

3. Most Republicans brand themselves with the MAGA tag.  There are undoubtedly degrees of MAGA, but to me, simply voting for Trump puts you in the category.

4. Focusing on how the government - which is, after all, nominally dedicated to act in our best interest - responded or managed the pandemic only tends to confirm my thesis. Government may make mistakes. (It's run by humans.) But such (debatable) mistakes - as determined in hindsight - does not indicate a conspiracy.  None of the policies the government pushed are counter to rational, science-based strategies.

I really don't think there is an argument against Republicans being more conspiratorial than Democrats/progressives.  After all, it forms the very basis of their presidential campaign.

Edited by homersapien

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

We already know he's an anti-science lunatic.

This article only proves it.

So you think RFK Jr won’t take votes away from Biden?

36 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

So you think RFK Jr won’t take votes away from Biden?

I think it's more likely to hurt Biden than it is Trump, simply by being involved.

Most Trump voters are going to vote for Trump regardless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I think it's more likely to hurt Biden than it is Trump, simply by being involved.

Most Trump voters are going to vote for Trump regardless.

Not sure.  Again, it’s all about the non core on both sides - Moderates, never Trumpers, neocons, Green, ultra progressives, libertarians, ect. When KansasTiger was posting he was  JFK jr first (by a lot), Trump distant second. And he struck me as a quasi libertarian.

3 hours ago, JMWATS said:

RFK Jr. suggests Biden is ‘much worse threat to democracy’ than Trump, citing social media case

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/rfk-jr-suggests-biden-worse-threat-democracy-trump/story?id=108758681

So according to RFKjr, Biden is a danger to Democracy because  Facebook deleted some of his vaccine conspiracy posts, and because the secret service isn't paying for his protection?  

I know RFKjr isn't known for his logic and reasoning ability, but that's a bit of a stretch to me.

Even the Republican Supreme Court decided the Biden Administration wasn't violating anyone's rights with their social media policy and communications. 

• Like 1

Michigan state Sen. Mallory McMorrow said the Kennedy ticket is "disgusting and an abuse of our democracy."

What????? LMAO

An RFKjr campaign official for New York State  says that her #1 priority for this election is making sure that Biden loses the election in Nov. She says Trump and RFKjr supporters will all be on the same side regardless of which one wins, but that the important part is to get rid of Biden. 

hmmm...

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/08/politics/rfk-jr-new-york-biden-trump/index.html

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

An RFKjr campaign official for New York State  says that her #1 priority for this election is making sure that Biden loses the election in Nov. She says Trump and RFKjr supporters will all be on the same side regardless of which one wins, but that the important part is to get rid of Biden. 

hmmm...

image.png

• Haha 1

So we have one  fading candidate and 2 nut case candidates. The hits keep coming.

If RFK Jr. has enough support to make the debates it would be fun to stand out front with a "Sponsored by Verizon 5G" sign and watch him run.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

hmmm...

A Kennedy campaign official told Newsweek: "This was not a campaign event. Palma was speaking as a private citizen and her statements in no way reflect the strategy of the Kennedy campaign, which is to win the White House with votes from former Trump and Biden supporters alike."

4 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

A Kennedy campaign official told Newsweek: "This was not a campaign event. Palma was speaking as a private citizen and her statements in no way reflect the strategy of the Kennedy campaign, which is to win the White House with votes from former Trump and Biden supporters alike."

Sounds good, but she is someone who works for and with the Kennedy Campaign, runs Kennedy campaign events, and has a Kennedy Campaign email address.

Kennedy might need to make sure his campaign workers are all on the same page. Private citizen or not, you don't exactly want your workers to be out there stating that getting you elected isn't their top priority or desire. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Sounds good, but she is someone who works for and with the Kennedy Campaign, runs Kennedy campaign events, and has a Kennedy Campaign email address.

Kennedy might need to make sure his campaign workers are all on the same page. Private citizen or not, you don't exactly want your workers to be out there stating that getting you elected isn't their top priority or desire. 

I agree with you.  Not a good look for the campaign. 

LA Times article indicates other 3rd party candidates could be a factor. 

Column: Not just RFK Jr. Biden faces danger from 3rd-party candidates - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Edited by JMWATS