Dylan Cardwell

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Now we need a back up 5, similar to Cheney last year in that he can learn and be ready to take over once those two leave.

Does that mean Broome is gone?

1 hour ago, Tiger720 said:

What makes you so confident? Kentucky will provide more NIL money, a bigger salary and Rupp Arena which are great assets. What is BP's buyout? I hope he stays, but I wouldn't be shock if he leaves. 

He’s 65. Why would he want that headache?

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

At UK, CBP would have a team that CBM couldn't make, except maybe as a walk-on.

That stokes the flames, and increases the pressure.  And CBP revels in pressure.

I'm worried.  Until I hear that someone other than CBP has been hired at UK, I'm worried.

LOL, what?!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

That stokes the flames, and increases the pressure.  And CBP revels in pressure.

I'm worried.  Until I hear that someone other than CBP has been hired at UK, I'm worried.

But Kentucky literally recruited CBM..

C8071C0A-E232-4EC6-879B-66DFE549503B.jpeg

Edited by TAYLORKEETON
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

I dont

Ridiculous, Bruce isn’t going anywhere.

Mark Pope (BYU) probably be the Kentucky coach 

Should be more worried who will replace Freeze if he stinks it up this year.

Edited by TigerOne
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

LOL, what?!

Just being realistic.  CBM is a good player at AU, but at UK?  A dime a dozen ,my friend,  A dime a dozen,  With fewer techs.

Come back at me.  I can take it.  And won't complain.

2 hours ago, Tiger720 said:

We will see. I hope he doesn't, but money talks and Kentucky has way more resources than Auburn. 

Rest easy, they are hiring Mark Pope. Many of these fans wanted Bruce, which is flattering.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Sentiment on the UK boards seems to be that their AD doesn't want to go near any coach with a hint of scandal on his resume. They say that's why he didn't push for Oats too hard (Miller scandal) and why he won't call CBP, much to the chagrin of most of their fans. We'll see how many people have to say no before Barnhart bends that rule.

5 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

Does that mean Broome is gone?

No.

Broome will split time between the 4 and 5

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Just being realistic.  CBM is a good player at AU, but at UK?  A dime a dozen ,my friend,  A dime a dozen,  With fewer techs.

Come back at me.  I can take it.  And won't complain.

You act as if UK sh*ts gold bricks and farts rainbows. Walk-on? I would ask for some of what you're smoking, but you've got some mad paranoia going on.

Bruce will retire as an Auburn Tiger. Of that, I am virtually certain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

No.

Broome will split time between the 4 and 5

I’ve been wondering if cbp backs off the 10 deep thing.  Broome at the 4 and 5 solves numerous issues for him.  Doesn’t NEED to get another 4.  gives Broome better chance at nba (so people say)Makes kids - cardwell and Chaney - happier with more playing time.  Less money to spend.  Can focus on the backcourt because the front will all be knowns.  … but we are screwed if someone gets hurt.

Sooooooo, I’m assuming he’ll still take a reserve 4 that’ll be ok with 5-6 minutes a game as a safety net.

all about getting a stud PG in the portal or 2 or get tre to stay with similar minutes to last year.

• Like 2

Cardwell is an AU treasure and a true Auburn man. Glad he is staying and I feel like he is one of those alum who will return to campus for years to come. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

I’ve been wondering if cbp backs off the 10 deep thing.  Broome at the 4 and 5 solves numerous issues for him.  Doesn’t NEED to get another 4.  gives Broome better chance at nba (so people say)Makes kids - cardwell and Chaney - happier with more playing time.  Less money to spend.  Can focus on the backcourt because the front will all be knowns.  … but we are screwed if someone gets hurt.

Sooooooo, I’m assuming he’ll still take a reserve 4 that’ll be ok with 5-6 minutes a game as a safety net.

all about getting a stud PG in the portal or 2 or get tre to stay with similar minutes to last year.

Have you heard somewhere that Bruce is going to alter his strategy? Because I would think that with the number of fouls we commit playing Bruceball defense, having that kind of depth is kind of necessary to keep guys from fouling out. 

• Like 2

I love the love the passion DC plays with, and how he represents us with so much passion. But if the is going to increase minutes, he needs to be smarter with some of the fouls he gets. 

• Like 1

Really excited we get to enjoy watching Cardwell play and interact with the fan base for one more season! Guys like this might be a rarity going forward. Enjoy him while we can people! Welcome back!!

13 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Sentiment on the UK boards seems to be that their AD doesn't want to go near any coach with a hint of scandal on his resume. They say that's why he didn't push for Oats too hard (Miller scandal) and why he won't call CBP, much to the chagrin of most of their fans. We'll see how many people have to say no before Barnhart bends that rule.

Agree, this is one of many reasons CBP is not going to Kentucky. UK, wants a white collar, GQ looking & sounding head coach.  UK is the image, the coach is not the image.

That is nothing like Bruce Pearl.  CBP may be on their list but he is way down the list.  Secondly, recruiting is not what it used to be.  All the 5* one-&-done recruits, UK had this year proves it when they bombed out in the SEC tournament and the NCAA.  That team was the most blue blood * loaded team imaginable.  Bruce Pearl wants players with heart & desire, not NIL$ prima-donnas.  Pearl wants to coach, develop, and father a family, not manage spoiled ego maniacs.  Bruce's teams display Bruce's heart & character.  That cannot happen at UK.

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Have you heard somewhere that Bruce is going to alter his strategy? Because I would think that with the number of fouls we commit playing Bruceball defense, having that kind of depth is kind of necessary to keep guys from fouling out. 

I don’t know anything.  We just need better guard play to advance in the tourneys and get n this state of NIL I just don’t think it’s feasible at n the future to put 10 guys on a team like we did this year.  We thought we had the magic formula this year but just fell short 

14 minutes ago, BizEagle said:

Agree, this is one of many reasons CBP is not going to Kentucky. UK, wants a white collar, GQ looking & sounding head coach.  UK is the image, the coach is not the image.

That is nothing like Bruce Pearl.  CBP may be on their list but he is way down the list.  Secondly, recruiting is not what it used to be.  All the 5* one-&-done recruits, UK had this year proves it when they bombed out in the SEC tournament and the NCAA.  That team was the most blue blood * loaded team imaginable.  Bruce Pearl wants players with heart & desire, not NIL$ prima-donnas.  Pearl wants to coach, develop, and father a family, not manage spoiled ego maniacs.  Bruce's teams display Bruce's heart & character.  That cannot happen at UK.

Not sure how GQ Mark Pope looks though lol. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, bigbird said:

Now we need a back up 5, similar to Cheney last year in that he can learn and be ready to take over once those two leave.

Maybe Pearl should go after 7-1, 226-pound Aaron Bradshaw, leaving UK via the portal.  I like Broome's basketball IQ but he may not stay and we sorely need another big

16 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Not sure how GQ Mark Pope looks though lol. 

UK will buy him a new wardrobe with white button downs, dark blue suits, conservative neckties, black dress shoes, an assortment of puffs for his jacket pocket, some Rolex watches and hire a full time valet.

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2024 at 6:01 PM, BustemBigBlue said:

I have to confess a dirty secret. I get a sick pleasure from venturing over to opponents message boards and reading their game threads after we beat them by 20+. I noticed a recurring theme while doing so this year. Non-Auburn fans HATE Dylan Cardwell. 

I would have expected to see a lot of hate for KD and CBM but a lot of opposing fans list DC as their most hated player in the league. I guess it’s all the flexing and other theatrics after making a play. I feel like if they knew what a good kid he actually is they would see him more the way we do, just a kid out there having a blast playing ball. Happy to have him back. 

My impression on Johnson's theatrics is it was all about him. My impression of Cardwell was like, hey everybody, join me in the celebrating the play I just made.