Senator tells citizens to forget about the police

I've never understood why any group, whether I am sympathetic to their cause or not, thinks that doing something like blocking traffic would bring anyone over to their POV.

At best, you're just going to make people angry that may have otherwise been indifferent. At worst, if there is an emergency vehicle that is trying to get through and it can't because a gaggle of inconsiderate a**holes are blocking the road, lives could be at stake.

Occam's razor suggests that they're more interested in being attention whores and baiting people into a reaction. Otherwise, they wouldn't be standing in the gotdamned road.

Protest to your heart's content out of the line of traffic, ya smooth-brained yahoos. 

Police here (by here, I mean the U.S.) in many places are too chicken**** to do anything about this, despite it almost assuredly being illegal to block passage on roadways in this manner. Sadly, failure to enforce laws because of perceived bad optics is not limited to poorly located protests.

To paraphrase a Chris Rock bit, "I don't think they should be moved in an illegal fashion...but I understand.'

Two pages of asinine responses to a simple conclusion, which is this senator was an idiot for stating this DA statement. His constituents should determinine his mental health and make a decision if he is fit for office. Our government has too many characters and bad actors running around in its halls preventing real issues from be worked.

On 4/17/2024 at 10:56 AM, homersapien said:

Curious.

How does one identify a "Hamas Mob" from a constitutionally legal demonstration by people who are appalled by what's happening to Palestinians?

Or should we just drive through them and let God sort 'em out?

What a despicable thing for a senator to say. :no:

Put the pedal to the metal and clear the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!