Columbia is a mess

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

I didn’t make you do 💩 . Two faculty members were arrested. One for battery on a police officer. That was the economics professor. She referenced the only other faculty member arrested and clarified what that person was arrested for. You can’t deduce for 💩.

Yeah, you did make me listen to that lib as I can’t believe a thing you post without reference.  You assumed it was the economic professor, the Chair of the Phylosophy Department didn’t mention it.  But you do you.

You just count on people not doing any follow up.

The bottom line is the Economic Professor was walking through campus with her head up he a$$ and tried to interfere with an arrest.  Whether she knew a protest was going on or not doesn’t really matter, does it.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Yeah, you did make me listen to that lib as I can’t believe a thing you post without reference.  You assumed it was the economic professor, the Chair of the Phylosophy Department didn’t mention it.  But you do you.

You just count on people not doing any follow up.

You have no idea how stupid this post is, which at least is worth a chuckle. So…thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The bottom line is the Economic Professor was walking through campus with her head up he a$$ and tried to interfere with an arrest.  Whether she knew a protest was going on or not doesn’t really matter, does it.

You haven’t spent much time on college campuses, have you— not counting game days?

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You haven’t spent much time on college campuses, have you— not counting game days?

After I graduated I joined the real world.  It is a much different place than academia as the Economics Professor found out.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

After I graduated I joined the real world.  It is a much different place than academia as the Economics Professor found out.

You graduated from Auburn?

20 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

And what specifically do you know about these professors opinions?

First hand, nothing.  However, you are who you associate yourself with to some degree.  Time will tell.  They have certainly been asked by now to explain themselves. 

I think it is likely that all charges will be dropped against the majority of those charged.

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You can’t read for s***.

Here ya go, from the original source, not some second hand account.

I guess this wasn’t available when you linked a questionable source.  But she only hit cop very lightly to get his attention.  Is this how you’re suppose to do it in academia?

18 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You graduated from Auburn?

Yes, it is where I learned people like you exist.

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, it is where I learned people like you exist.

On-line or in person?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

On-line or in person?

51 years ago online only existed in Al Gore’s mind.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

First hand, nothing.  However, you are who you associate yourself with to some degree.  Time will tell.  They have certainly been asked by now to explain themselves. 

I think it is likely that all charges will be dropped against the majority of those charged.

You’re really shocking me. You’re unusually reasonable and objective — until you’re not. What “association” are you even referencing that’s in evidence? It seems to me the fact that someone supporting this stop cop city group tweeting a video of the philosophy professor was all it took for you to repeatedly make one assumption after another. I kept thinking you must have more of a basis for these assertions, but apparently not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Thinkers?

No, liberals.  A different way of thinking that never set with me.

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, liberals.  A different way of thinking that never set with me.

So if I were to try to define the ideologies in 2024:

“Liberalism” -> the less relevant white gun toting Christian English speaking heterosexual males are, the better

“Conservatism” -> the more relevant white gun toting Christian English speaking heterosexual males are, the better

(As for the role of gov and business, economic disparity, educational improvement - forget it, too complicated).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

“Liberalism” -> the less relevant white gun toting Christian English speaking heterosexual males are, the better

“Conservatism” -> the more relevant white gun toting Christian English speaking heterosexual males are, the better

(As for the role of gov and business, economic disparity, educational improvement - forget it, too complicated).

Current leftism isn’t classically liberal or classically progressive. Current conservatism isn’t classically conservative.

22 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

If you hit a cop you are going to jail.

If she touched the officer arrest her. I have no problem with that. It’s clear that any contact she may have had was minimal, posed no threat and was easily addressable without the over the top excessive violence.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If she touched the officer arrest her. I have no problem with that. It’s clear that any contact she may have had was minimal, posed no threat and was easily addressable without the over the top excessive violence.

The fact that the cop was in the process of arresting someone and was focused on that probably has nothing to do with the reaction.  Logical, for a liberal.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Do you think there has been changes in philosophies in the last 51 years?  Typical to define what happened yeas ago and try to hold them to today’s standards.  Carry on.

32 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The fact that the cop was in the process of arresting someone and was focused on that probably has nothing to do with the reaction.  Logical, for a liberal.

Good cops are trained to de-escalate, not escalate. A campus police officer likely handles this very differently.

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Good cops are trained to de-escalate, not escalate. A campus police officer likely handles this very differently.

A good cop is going to protect his/her brother first and foremost in which this cop did.  He then de-escalated the perp to the ground.  Of course a rent-a-cop would have handled it differently, but the President of Emory requested real cops for this very reason.

I’m not sure what this guy was screaming, but it sounded like *I’m a professor*.  That should help.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

A good cop is going to protect his/her brother first and foremost in which this cop did.  He then de-escalated the perp to the ground.  Of course a rent-a-cop would have handled it differently, but the President of Emory requested real cops for this very reason.

A good cop can do both. I know you can’t fathom walking and chewing gum at the same time. Most universities have sworn officers. When they bring in outside law enforcement, they’re usually renting.