Columbia is a mess

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Nope. Dont think he could move fast enough. But he’s had about 300 gag orders  placed on him by judges for being disrespectful and has stated he would pardon the 1/6 guys who attacked and hurt policemen. 

Oh and his tweets are mean.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Your hallucinating. She appeared to lean down to talk.

*you’re*, but to your statement; who in their right mind leans down to talk to a cop in the act of subduing a suspect?  

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Many *peaceful protests* end up in being riots.  It happened a lot in the summer of 2020.

So body slam everyone as a preventative measure?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Did you watch the full video?

No. Not seeing it is why I have a flexible opinion. And even if there is a ‘whole’ video, was there some other activities not captured on video. I have one standard on these incidents: Let’s hear from both sides with full context before proclaiming victims and aggressors. 

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

So body slam everyone as a preventative measure?

Lessons learned over that summer.   FAFO.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

*you’re*, but to your statement; who in their right mind leans down to talk to a cop in the act of subduing a suspect?  

So you think she’s crazy? She’s an academic. No indication she’s a radical. For all we know she was just walking across campus. Sees a student on the ground. Perhaps it’s one of her students. There was a much easier, effective way of handling her that should be obvious to anyone. 

Just now, TexasTiger said:

So you think she’s crazy? She’s an academic. No indication she’s a radical. For all we know she was just walking across campus. Sees a student on the ground. Perhaps it’s one of her students. There was a much easier, effective way of handling her that should be obvious to anyone. 

Yeah the look on her face right before she engaged was more of a *why isn’t somebody doing something here* look.  She is in academia so she is oblivious to the real world, not an excuse.  FAFO.

5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

No. Not seeing it is why I have a flexible opinion. And even if there is a ‘whole’ video, was there some other activities not captured on video. I have one standard on these incidents: Let’s hear from both sides with full context before proclaiming victims and aggressors. 

You have a willingly uninformed opinion. I had a flexible opinion after only watching the first video. Now I’ve seen what preceded it.

FAFO

I get the distinct feeling you’re just finding personal satisfaction in watching someone you suspect is liberal being physically body slammed. Facts be damned.

• Like 2

I don’t know what all the issues are on policing in Atlanta, and am not at all anti-police, but if I was in a role fighting the negative perception of police there, I’d be angry and sick over this video. 

I get the distinct feeling you’re just finding personal satisfaction in watching someone you suspect is liberal being physically body slammed. Facts be damned.

That fact she is a liberal is just a bonus.  She experienced the ridgid rod of reality in about 30 seconds and it up to you and the other libs to dissect the cops actions to put the blame of him.

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Oh and his tweets are mean.

1/6 vs an anti-Israel rally… which one are you more likely to be a hard ass about? 

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

1/6 vs an anti-Israel rally… which one are you more likely to be a hard ass about? 

Everybody has a right to protest peacefully, if they turn into a riot they are treated the same.  How many of these anti-Israel protesters that break the law are going to spend 20 years in jail?

Everybody has a right to protest peacefully, if they turn into a riot they are treated the same.  How many of these anti-Israel protesters that break the law are going to spend 20 years in jail?

Or get pardoned 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You define “riot” by the topic, not the behavior. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Or get pardoned 

Not yet.  And if those that were arrested in Dem cities only spend an hour or two in detention and then can go back and protest/riot some more.

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You define “riot” by the topic, not the behavior. 

Try not to think for me, you’re bad at it.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Did Ashli Babbit deserve to be shot?

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Did Ashli Babbit deserve to be shot?

I was taught that in order in to use deadly force a lot of things has to come into play.   I’m not going to get into all that goes into it, but if the officer can articulate that he felt that his life or the life of the person’s he was sworn to protect were, then it’s justified.   And if that is the case, why weren’t there more people shot?   Seems that a lot of people broke into the capitol.   Do you think more should have been shot?   

Do you think the rioters at the White House should have been shot?   How about the rioters at the federal building in Portland?    They were actually throwing fire bombs.   

Edited by aubaseball
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The fact that you’ve seen the full video and still think this economics professor was a rioter that deserves what she got may be the best evidence yet of your psychosis.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I was thought that in order in to use deadly force a lot of things has to come into play.   I’m not going to get into all that goes into it, but if the officer can articulate that he felt that his life or the life of the person’s he was sworn to protect were, then it’s justified.   And if that is the case, why weren’t there more people shot?   Seems that a lot of people broke into the capitol.   Do you think more should have been shot?   

Do you think the rioters at the white should have been shot?   How about the rioters at the federal building in Portland?    They were actually throwing fire bombs.   

Why weren’t more shot? In that particular instance that shot stemmed the flow of those violent criminals trying to force their way into the Congressional chamber by destroying property and ignoring the police. The officers did not use more force than necessary to prevent the crowd from surging in. They paused to see what the impact would be of the first shot.

• Like 1

It appeared to me from the video that she was interfering with an arrest and the Sgt. wasn’t having it and arrested her.   Now whether some of you think that it was excessive, that will be for a jury or his supervisors to decide.   I don’t think that you were there and I’m sure you weren’t there to hear everything that was being said way before the incident even happened.   How many warnings do you think were given prior to any of this happening?   

Why weren’t more shot? In that particular instance that shot stemmed the flow of those violent criminals trying to force their way into the Congressional chamber by destroying property and ignoring the police. The officers did not use more force than necessary to prevent the crowd from surging in. They paused to see what the impact would be of the first shot.

Bull sh@t!!!’   If that’s the case, he could have fired off a warning shot.   And you don’t get to shoot someone, just to stop what you might think will be a rush by others.   Who gives a crap about destroying property?  That’s an argument for lethal force?   First time I heard that one.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The fact that you’ve seen the full video and still think this economics professor was a rioter that deserves what she got may be the best evidence yet of your psychosis.

Is that what you are going to hang your hat on, that I implied she was a rioter?  She got what she deserved because she was interfering with a lawful arrest, rioter or not, she deserved what she got.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is that what you are going to hang your hat on, that I implied she was a rioter?  She got what she deserved because she was interfering with a lawful arrest, rioter or not, she deserved what she got.

I think everyone understands that point. I  just wonder if it had been a woman pro Israel protester if you’d feel the same way. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1