Columbia is a mess

Many of these so-called elite schools have been creating unhealthy environments for education for years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Many of these so-called elite schools have been creating unhealthy environments for education for years.

I got my masters at an Ivy and know a few kids that go there. For what I’m told, behind the scenes it’s worse. Divisive tension and confrontations everywhere - from the classrooms to the frats. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

oh cardin you are such a card..............

8 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I got my masters at an Ivy and know a few kids that go there. For what I’m told, behind the scenes it’s worse. Divisive tension and confrontations everywhere - from the classrooms to the frats. 

On this topic or in general? 

MBA?

Hate has been ratcheting up in this country for a decade. No, it's not just Columbia. I'm glad some are finally recognizing it. :gofig:

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

On this topic or in general? 

MBA?

Especially this topic. And in the past 6 months. Finance..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree.  There is an entire generation that has not been educated sufficiently on world affairs.  Their misguided opinions are allowed to go unchallenged by the very people that should understand the potential harm that those opinions can foster.  In a video from one of the campus sit ins, I noticed female students that looked like pot smoking hippies yelling and screaming.  They have no concept of the fact that, in many of these countries they defend, they can be raped without consequence and are often denied an education.  Israel isn't perfect, but the total lack of human rights and decency in places like Gaza, Afghanistan and many other areas governed more by extremists than by reason is something the West will never be able to overcome.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

What I find the most concerning is the assumption/bigotry that if you’re Jewish you must support current Israeli policies (many don’t). It’s like assuming all Americans support Biden’s policies - but at the racial level. It’s creepy, almost Nazi’ish.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

The funniest thing happened about a month ago. The Bee posted an article making fun of inbred white supremacist and that peeved off it's readers hard, and the bee started getting attacked by its Anti-Semitic followers accusing the Jews of taking over right wing media. lol    

r/LeopardsAteMyFace - Racists don’t like jokes about race when it’s their race

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The funniest thing happened about a month ago. The Bee posted an article making fun of inbred white supremacist and that peeved off it's readers hard, and the bee started getting attacked by its Anti-Semitic followers accusing the Jews of taking over right wing media. lol    

I've always enjoyed the Bee. Some don't get the satire. I hate it for them. 

My favs are when Snopes fact-checks them. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Neat! @AUDub has a poor grasp on dumb and stupid. 

A lot of lunatics are Ivy League alumni. 

(Not calling you a lunatic, nat)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

A lot of lunatics are Ivy League alumni. 

(Not calling you a lunatic, nat)

Hard to disagree 

Edited by auburnatl1

6 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Stroke?

Well at least buy Nat a drink first. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

What I find the most concerning is the assumption/bigotry that if you’re Jewish you must support current Israeli policies (many don’t). It’s like assuming all Americans support Biden’s policies - but at the racial level. It’s creepy, almost Nazi

It is ok not to support Israel's policies toward Gaza. It is the attacking of all Jews by a subset of protestors that is not ok.

I don't support all that Israel has done in Gaza but with the way Hamas embeds inside the population I am not sure how they can attack Hamas and not go overboard with innocents.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

I am not sure how they can attack Hamas and not go overboard with innocents.

You certainly cannot if,,, you are not even attempting.  

31 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

You certainly cannot if,,, you are not even attempting.  

Egypt could open the doors and establish refugee camps.  They don't because they don't want the Hamas extremists walking into Egypt either.

Just now, AU9377 said:

Egypt could open the doors and establish refugee camps.  They don't because they don't want the Hamas extremists walking into Egypt either.

So, the Palestinians should give up their land, move to Egypt in order to live?  Your "justification" is nonsensical or,,, completely disingenuous.

The mess is spreading:

I wonder if it has anything to do with the aid Israel got?  Gaza got $9 billion, must not be enough.

Edited by I_M4_AU

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The mess is spreading:

I wonder if it has anything to do with the aid Israel got?  Gaza got $9 billion, must not be enough.

We’ll see if this helps or hurts - but most colleges break for summer in 2-4 weeks.

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

We’ll see if this helps or hurts - but most colleges break for summer in 2-4 weeks.

Looks like time is running out.  I would guess it will peak before school is out unless law enforcement shuts it down and that will only happen in Red States.