Are evangelicals the least Christian among us?

2 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I do every day and don't stoop to nasty name calling.

Matt 7:21-23

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have no use for the bible and all the translations

Order one of the Trump Bibles Fiddy. Little steep at $59.95 plus handling and shipping but include Bill of Rights and the constitution. Bonus is a Lee Greenwood song.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, alanevans said:

Matt 7:21-23

Nothing there to support your claim. I for sure try to do God's will. The Bible also says we are all sinners. That includes me, you, Biden and Trump.

Edited by Son of A Tiger

12 minutes ago, alanevans said:

Read your Bible jackass

Sounds like Old Testament.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

but include Bill of Rights and the constitution.

As God originally intended, but damn human error.

• Haha 3

As has been mentioned many times, convenient that people always compare Trump to Biden but it was crickets during the primaries. In fact I havent found anyone who will admit they passed on Desantis or the other non completely sociopathic options.  Even though he won at over 60%. 

Again - at least man up, it’s not about Biden - never was, and own the trumpism.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Again - at least man up, it’s not about Biden - never was, and own the trumpism.

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 4:44 PM, SaltyTiger said:

It is not needed in the sense you are using it (fear). Your opinion and you are welcome to it until you have fulfillment of you “evolutionary purpose”.

Of course you really have no idea what motivates others.

As cryptic and nonsensical as ever.  :-\ 

In what "sense" am I using it? :dunno:    Fear is fear.

And fear is something natural to every (normal) person - and no doubt to the species of ape that preceded us - as it is inherent to most animals.  And fear of death is the most basic fear.  

And you apparently misunderstand my evolutionary reference (which is sort of hard to believe). That second sentence is a non-sequitur.  

As far as knowing what motivates others, all I can do is just listen to what they say and take them seriously. 

The existence of heaven and hell, and a "afterlife" is a very common belief with self-described Christians - and thus, a common and obvious motivator to adopt that faith. 

Same is true for Islam.

Edited by homersapien

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What "sense" am I using it?  Fear is fear.

Fiddy understood and I explained Biblical fear. Briefly and using few words. Read the thread if you missed it. 

Also faith is impossible to be simply “adopted” and fear is by far not the only motivation.

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 5:50 PM, auburnatl1 said:

Are you and Salty still at it?  Great minds of science and religion can figure out common ground.

"still at it"??  

I am simply posting and Salty responded (in his typically vague way). ;D

I'm not calling anyone out. 

Heck, I'm not even arguing with him because I don't understand his argument - other than it has something to do with the bible.

Edited by homersapien

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

giphy.gif

One of the great mysteries of the ages.  Millions of people overwhelmingly voted for Trump over Desantis and Haley - and no one will admit to it. No one.

So now it’s they really dont want to vote for Trump, but darn it they just have to because of Biden….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"still at it"??  

I am simply posting and Salty responded (in his typically vague way). ;D

I'm not calling anyone out. 

Heck, I'm not even arguing with because I don't understand his argument - other than it has something to do with the bible.

Well no one will ever fault you for not being persistent. I’m still betting Salty is taking you to weekly Bible study by Labor Day.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

No one.

Don’t know that you were around but I admitted to voting for him in 2016. I was drinking on Election Day. I voted undecided in the last primary. When Desantis threw his name in the hat Brother Homer and company convinced us that he was worse than Trump. Can’t believe you continue bring him up without being jumped.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Well no one will ever fault you for not being persistent. I’m still betting Salty is taking you to weekly Bible study by Labor Day.

I don’t go to a weekly Bible study and far from being the best Christian. I just try do all people right and do study the Bible. 

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I don’t go to a weekly Bible study and far from being the best Christian. I just try do all people right and do study the Bible. 

Most of you Trumpist “Christians” follow Supply Side Jesus

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

53 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Fiddy understood and I explained Biblical fear. Briefly and using few words. Read the thread if  you missed it. 

Also faith is impossible to be simply “adopted” and fear is by far not the only motivation.

Well, just so you understand, I am using "fear" in the literal sense, as in 'fear of death'.

Sounds to me that the Biblical definition is a little contrived -  respect, awe .... Undoubtedly contrived by some interpreter along the line to spin it away from the literal definition.

(But who knows how it was originally intended - or even stated - in a manuscript thousands of years old, written by who-knows-who, and continuously edited?)

And I never said fear was the only motivation, just a very common one.  (I wish I had a dime for every time "judgement day" was brought up in association with my disbelief. Even you have to admit its a common Christian theme - "Jesus saves" (you from hell).  Heck you regularly see signs on back roads that say as much.

If only "love your neighbor" or the golden rule were such common themes.

Your probably right about faith cannot be "adopted" - at least by those who don't have the natural proclivity to need it.

1 hour ago, alanevans said:

Most of you Trumpist “Christians” follow Supply Side Jesus

And the heck with that pacifist turn the other cheek stuff.

image.gif.5fad54f5a452fb210ad080f33fba5e06.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Don’t you rely on the Bible to know Christ’s teachings?

i have my mothers bible. and not really. christ was about love and that is good enough for me. the bible has been used of the years to hurt others. hell  they used it to justify having slaves in the south.it has been used to hurt gays .also the book has been translated so many times not knowing certain meanings and getting it wrong like the rapture. you guys can laugh all you want but you believe what you want and i will keep my own beliefs. i have seen some of you folks that claim to be christian sling hate and even threats.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Lot of judgement there. Careful my friend.

i still like you son. if someone was going to get on me you did it without any hate or anger. beside i heard youo came to see me in the hospital three times! that is impressive even if i only stayed one night.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Well, just so you understand, I am using "fear" in the literal sense, as in 'fear of death'.

Sounds to me that the Biblical definition is a little contrived -  respect, awe .... Undoubtedly contrived by some interpreter along the line to spin it away from the literal definition.

(But who knows how it was originally intended - or even stated - in a manuscript thousands of years old, written by who-knows-who, and continuously edited?)

And I never said fear was the only motivation, just a very common one.  (I wish I had a dime for every time "judgement day" was brought up in association with my disbelief. Even you have to admit its a common Christian theme - "Jesus saves" (you from hell).  Heck you regularly see signs on back roads that say as much.

If only "love your neighbor" or the golden rule were such common themes.

Your probably right about faith cannot be "adopted" - at least by those who don't have the natural proclivity to need it.

Just trying to help you out on fear. That is the type of great guy I am. “ Biblical fear” is clear once you study the Old Testament. No defining or re defining needed.

In full agreement with you the blah blah “ judgement day” stuff. 

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i have my mothers bible. and not really. christ was about love and that is good enough for me. the bible has been used of the years to hurt others. hell  they used it to justify having slaves in the south.it has been used to hurt gays .also the book has been translated so many times not knowing certain meanings and getting it wrong like the rapture. you guys can laugh all you want but you believe what you want and i will keep my own beliefs. i have seen some of you folks that claim to be christian sling hate and even threats.

How did you learn Christ was about love? I learned from the Bible.

4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

One of the great mysteries of the ages.  Millions of people overwhelmingly voted for Trump over Desantis and Haley - and no one will admit to it. No one.

So now it’s they really dont want to vote for Trump, but darn it they just have to because of Biden….

100%wrong! I voted for Desantis.

33 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

100%wrong! I voted for Desantis.

The point was no one will admit voting for Trump in the primaries.  If you’re saying you didn’t as well - the great mystery of how he curb stomped everyone else with no one actually voting for him  continues.

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The point was no one will admit voting for Trump in the primaries.  If you’re saying you didn’t as well - the great mystery of how he curb stomped everyone else with no one actually voting for him  continues.

Joe Biden is a committed Catholic Christian. Who’s true to his wife and is a decent man

Barack Obama is a Christian. Who’s true to his wife and is a decent man.

Mike Pence is a Christian. Who’s true to his wife and is a decent man.

Donald Trump is by no means any kind of Christian and has cheated flagrantly on all of his three wives, two of which were essentially Europian rentals.

How anyone could possibly think of voting for that man and claiming it is faith based is beyond me 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1