Men’s SEC 2024-2025 Schedule (merged threads)

Didn’t know where to post this. Looks pretty favorable to me. As I said in previous posts, the SEC as a whole is going to be tough. 

No hyperbole or bias here. Auburn should easily be 14-4 next year, and honestly, the toughest games I see are at UAT, at A&M and at UK (not because they are going to be a great team, just because, just like UF, we can’t win at UK, no matter how good our team is playing).

• Like 1

I would think losses @Bama, @Kentucky, @A&M, and @Texas. Somewhere around 50/50 to @Ole Miss, home Bama, home Florida, and home Ark. Everyone has a rough road nowadays

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I would think losses @Bama, @Kentucky, @A&M, and @Texas. Somewhere around 50/50 to @Ole Miss, home Bama, home Florida, and home Ark. Everyone has a rough road nowadays

Yea, I always have said if you protect home court and go .500 on the road in conference, you are more than likely winning the regular season championship. I don’t think Texas will be that strong this year and Ole Miss is tough but I don’t think they have enough talent on the team to stay with us. Of course, anything can happen on the road in conference. But yea, looking at our SEC schedule, if Auburn goes unbeaten at home and goes at least .500 on the road, another chance for an SEC regular season title and there’s no reason not to think Auburn can’t with these favorable opponents.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, AUSCalum87 said:

Yea, I always have said if you protect home court and go .500 on the road in conference, you are more than likely winning the regular season championship. I don’t think Texas will be that strong this year and Ole Miss is tough but I don’t think they have enough talent on the team to stay with us. Of course, anything can happen on the road in conference. But yea, looking at our SEC schedule, if Auburn goes unbeaten at home and goes at least .500 on the road, another chance for an SEC regular season title and there’s no reason not to think Auburn can’t with these favorable opponents.

I'd definitely have us locked in as top 5. I can't say we'd be the favorite to win the title with Bama, plus I also think A&M is really becoming underrated. It's just such a variable year this year. Hard to feel definitive about most of the contenders imo 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'd definitely have us locked in as top 5. I can't say we'd be the favorite to win the title with Bama, plus I also think A&M is really becoming underrated. It's just such a variable year this year. Hard to feel definitive about most of the contenders imo 

A&M has most of their scoring back from last year, but it depends on when we play them. If it’s towards the beginning of the conference season, then advantage Auburn, since they always seem to gel towards the last month. But yea, they will be a formidable opponent, as they have been since Buzz has been there. I think the top 4 teams next year will be Auburn, Arkansas, UT and UAT.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

This discussion seems to ignore the preseason. We don't know too much about the pre-conference schedule yet, but With UNC, Mich State and UConn, Maui could be ugly.

Edited by AURex

On another note, Google targeted ads loves to show me this pic of Taylor farting into her mic when I’m on the site.

52714F15-E99D-4EC2-A44E-44218EC3D55F.png

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, AURex said:

This discussion seems to ignore the preseason. We don't know too much about the pre-conference schedule yet, but With UNC, Mich State and UConn, Maui could be ugly.

Well it is a thread about the SEC schedule and yes, not all teams have their players yet. However, most teams have a full roster now and judging by that, Auburn, UT, Arkansas and UAT have the best rosters in the SEC for next year. Yes, the Maui Invitational will tell us a lot about where this team is, but even then you have to take it with a grain of salt because most teams don’t look like they do in the beginning of the season. I’m hoping Bruce schedules more tougher nonconference games this year instead of 10 automatic wins and the Maui tournament is the only time we play tough teams.

20 hours ago, AUSCalum87 said:

A&M has most of their scoring back from last year, but it depends on when we play them. If it’s towards the beginning of the conference season, then advantage Auburn, since they always seem to gel towards the last month. But yea, they will be a formidable opponent, as they have been since Buzz has been there. I think the top 4 teams next year will be Auburn, Arkansas, UT and UAT.

What makes you say Arkansas?

3 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

What makes you say Arkansas?

Even though they have Cal, who’s not a great game coach at all, he has done a great job in the portal and they have a lot of talent this year. I still think Auburn beats them since it’s at Auburn, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see them in the conversation next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUSCalum87 said:

Even though they have Cal, who’s not a great game coach at all, he has done a great job in the portal and they have a lot of talent this year. I still think Auburn beats them since it’s at Auburn, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see them in the conversation next year.

I hear what you are saying. 

Cal's had tons of talent in the past.  He's gonna have to prove he doesn't deserve the Done the Least with the Most award.  Be interesting to see if he decides to actually coach again.

11 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I hear what you are saying. 

Cal's had tons of talent in the past.  He's gonna have to prove he doesn't deserve the Done the Least with the Most award.  Be interesting to see if he decides to actually coach again.

I’m with you in that I’m skeptical about how he will do since he had the most talent every year at UK. However, this year he has proven talent as well. But I will say unless he changes his coaching philosophy it’ll more than likely be the same results he had at UK. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 11:20 PM, AURex said:

It honestly could not matter record wise, one way or the other. They looked fantastic in Maui in 2018-19 and proceeded to suck for almost two months. I’m of the belief that the great OOC run against largely nobodies last year inflated the stock about Auburn quite a bit. So we may kill it there and do great going forward or we may stink there and still do great going forward

I do know they’ll definitely know more about their team playing that caliber of opponent than who they played for most of last season’s OOC, that’s for sure 

• WarTiger changed the title to Men’s SEC 2024-2025 Schedule

al.com

Who are Auburn’s opponents for the 2024-25 SEC basketball season?

Updated: May. 13, 2024, 2:13 p.m.|Published: May. 13, 2024, 2:08 p.m.

3–4 minutes

Highlights from Auburn's 86-67 win over Florida to claim 2024 SEC Tournament title #wareagle #auburn

Auburn men’s basketball will face SEC newcomers Texas and Oklahoma once each, as Auburn’s opponents for the 2024-25 basketball season were announced Monday by the SEC.

Below is the full list of Auburn’s opponents:

Home & Away: Alabama, Ole Miss, Georgia

Home: Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Florida, Oklahoma, Mississippi State

Away: Kentucky, LSU, Vanderbilt, Texas, Texas A&M, South Carolina

No dates for the games have been announced. Those will likely come closer to the fall.

SEC play will begin on Jan. 4, 2025, and end on March 8.

“Each SEC team plays the other 15 teams at least once during league play,” the SEC wrote in a press release. “Three teams will be played a second time during the schedule – two which are permanent opponents and one that will change each year. The continuation and renewal of historic rivalries was a point of emphasis when creating the schedule as the SEC welcomes Oklahoma and Texas as new members in 2024-25. Additionally, preexisting home-and-away rotations for single-play opponents were preserved.”

In its history, Auburn has played the two SEC newcomers five total times. Auburn’s first faced Texas in 1911 in Auburn. Auburn won 45-27. Auburn lost to Texas in 1955, also played in Auburn.

Auburn has faced Oklahoma three times and won twice. Auburn won 78-70 in St. Petersburg, Florida, in 1978. It then lost to Oklahoma 107-87 in Atlanta in 1988 during the second round of that year’s NCAA Tournament. The two didn’t play again until 2022 when Auburn won 86-68 at Neville Arena. Jabari Smith led Auburn with 23 points and 12 rebounds in that game.

Auburn has high expectations entering this season with the return of star center Johni Broome for his final year of eligibility. Auburn convinced him to return to Auburn in lieu of pursuing the NBA Draft.

Auburn has also added JP Pegues, a transfer point guard from Furman and former All-SoCon player who scored more than 18 points per game last season. His arrival helps offset the transfer departures of Tre Donaldson, Aden Holloway and K.D. Johnson. Auburn also is adding incoming freshman five-star guard Tahaad Pettiford. It is still searching for another guard and another forward in the transfer portal to fill its remaining open scholarship spots.

Last season, Auburn went 13-5 in the SEC and got the No. 4 seed in the SEC Tournament. Auburn went on to win the SEC Tournament, its fourth overall SEC title under head coach Bruce Pearl.

Matt Cohen covers Auburn sports for AL.com. You can follow him on X at @Matt_Cohen_ or email him at mcohen@al.com

If you purchase a product or register for an account through a link on our site, we may receive compensation. By using this site, you consent to our User Agreement and agree that your clicks, interactions, and personal information may be collected, recorded, and/or stored by us and social media and other third-party partners in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

I almost did not post this but maybe someone would like it?

m3ejhc9wy80d1.jpeg

• WarTiger changed the title to Men’s SEC 2024-2025 Schedule (merged threads)