Props to Shula and the team.

DKW 86

They looked very good today.

My only other comment: If :usc: is as bad as they looked, (and they looked HORRIBLE) how good is :uga: ?

Like our hurricane-battered favorite cousin SouthLink tells us, the 'Dawgs play down to the Cocks every year for some reason. Its inexplicable.

I grew up an SC fan, and Spurrier or no Spurrier ... Holtz or no Holtz ... they stink. Always and forever.

As I have said many, many times before on this board, thank God Almighty I saw the light and came to Auburn. Let's just hope they don't catch us slipping on October 1, or I will have a tough row to hoe here in Chucktown, SC. That's a fact.

War Damn Eagle!

PS. Does the term "hurricane-battered" make anyone besides me hungry?

My only other comment: If :usc: is as bad as they looked, (and they looked HORRIBLE) how good is :uga: ?

182079[/snapback]

Yea, I thought :usc: would have played a little better. Also, your right.......I dont think :uga: is very good this year either. As it looks, :uf: is going to be back on top in the SEC East. I dont know, maybe :vandy: can when the East. That would be something.

Also, I was listing to the :ua: game on the radio last night. Eli Gold said the last time Vandy started 3-0, he was 3 years old.

Bama played a solid game. I dont know if this game makes Georgia look bad....comparisons like that will sometimes get you lost.

Regardless, props on the win.

Yea, Bama looked very good yesterday. They did everything right and mixed up the play calling well. That was the best play calling I've seen out of them so far under Shula.

On the other hand, I haven't seen an SEC team shy away from making a tackle like the SC defenders in a long time. Honestly, it looked like once they got popped in the mouth, they quit.

I watched UF and UT and was thinking, "I hope this isn't the best the SEC has to offer." If LSU finds a defense, they'll stomp both those clubs by 20. I still can't understand why this UT club gets so much love. I keep seeing Auburn running up about 400 points and 8000 yards in the last 3 meetings.

Yea, Bama looked very good yesterday.  They did everything right and mixed up the play calling well.  That was the best play calling I've seen out of them so far under Shula.

182157[/snapback]

i think that's the key. the talent is the same. the defense is the same. brody was good, but not great (man, he tried to get his knee down before he got in the endzone, but he blew it and scored anyways). the O line is still suspect... most of the RBs' yards were after contact. lots of cock turnovers, so great field position all day.

but the play calling was sharp and creative. like you said, best so far under shula.

almost no penalties, too. particularly impressive on the road.

182079[/snapback]

Yea, I thought :usc: would have played a little better. Also, your right.......I dont think :uga: is very good this year either. As it looks, :uf: is going to be back on top in the SEC East. I dont know, maybe :vandy: can when the East. That would be something.

Also, I was listing to the :ua: game on the radio last night. Eli Gold said the last time Vandy started 3-0, he was 3 years old.

182130[/snapback]

Like usual Eli was a little misinformed, that is unless he is only 24 years old. Now if he meant it was the first time Vandy has been 2-0 in the SEC(1956) that would probably be about right.

As far as the Bama game, Bama looked very good and SC looked very bad. I think SC got up for the UGA and then had a letdown against Bama.

the talent is the same. the defense is the same.

I hope you arent saying that USC and Bama are comparable in terms of talent and defense...

And I think Link is right when has said South Carolina ALWAYS ALWAYS plays the Dawgs close. This year was no different. Doesnt mean UGA is bad. It means the cocks played em' close like they always do.

182079[/snapback]

182130[/snapback]

Like usual Eli was a little misinformed, that is unless he is only 24 years old. Now if he meant it was the first time Vandy has been 2-0 in the SEC(1956) that would probably be about right.

As far as the Bama game, Bama looked very good and SC looked very bad. I think SC got up for the UGA and then had a letdown against Bama.

182165[/snapback]

You are right im sure, he might have said in the SEC.....i dont know....didnt get a good signal.

I said going in that I wouldn't be surprised if either team thumped the other. There just wasn't a true indicator of how good either team was. I was surprised bama beat them so badly though. Props to Bama. We'll see how they do against the true competition of the SEC this year.

Please tell Shula to fax his gameplan over to Richt for the future

182213[/snapback]

I think the extra week of tape helped Shula and co gameplan for USC. And remember, we played the SAME defensive scheme against USM the week before.

Play calling did seem much better against :usc:

Maybe Shula is turning the corner. Either way, I think he will see at least 2007 now. The team is gelling.

I give Bama credit-however I think they ran the ball straight at the USC d-line that stands up instead of getting into three and four point stances and moves around alot-Pat Dye was talking about that last week on Finebaum and said that it seems like someone could just run straight at that defense all day and that is what Bama did. They had like 300 yards on the ground-I'll reserve jugdement until they play a good defense.

I love to see the uaters act as if they have beaten the "other" USC. uat and usc do not have the same talent, but, it is closer than uat is to having the talent level of the teams in the Upper half of the SEC. uat MUST win a game against one of THOSE upper level SEC teams before I am ready to say they are any better than a year ago.(and that was pretty bad.)

Archived