Urban Renewal

Raven_tiger

I guess he can coach in the SEC.

Plenty of mistakes. Leak did not read the ends correctly on several of the option plays. When Leak starts to correctly read the DEs, lookout. Gators lost Caldwell and McDonald, big blow to that team.

I wonder if Phil's gonna get some heat. Neither team was as polished as I expected them to be. I think the outcome would have been different if he had stuck w/ Clausen. Florida deserved the win.

The thing I noticed most was how intimidating the blue in the stands was when accented with some orange. Blue just looks sooooo much better in the stands. I wish we'd get off of the orange kick.

Too bad Vandy didnt play UT last night...then they would have their first signature win today.

Both teams looked bad.

But UF SHOULD be killing folks...they have talent falling out of their @$*

Can you talk about the decision to go for it on fourth down in your own territory in the second quarter.

"You know what, what the hell, let's go block 'em and get three inches. This is the University of Florida. We're going to correct that the next week in practice and you know what, next week we're going to do it again. That's who we are. I get so upset when I think about that. You can't get that far – I know we're playing a great team, but Florida's not bad either. Let's nut up and get it done. We've got four senior offensive linemen and a quarterback who's played for three years, go get your six inches, let's move on and play football. We'll correct that next week."

I just love this comment!!!!! Got to get it done with the BIG boys up front!!!

WAR EAGLE

Yea, neither team played well at all. Did anyone notice how UF seemed to try and run it up at the end. They were up 16-7 with the ball at their own 45. It was 4th and 5 with about 50 seconds in the 4th, and instead of running the ball or punting.....UF throws to the end-zone. I was glad UF beat UT, but was not impressed with that showing. Also, Alabama kinda made me mad when they scored their last TD. There was no need to throw it deep, even if it was 3rd and long. It might have just been a read by Wilson, which turned out to be great......but I figured a running play would have been called in that situtation. Anyway, UT lost.....neither team looked good at all.....I dont think UT is quiet as good as we thought.

I would say the Gators better be hoping that wasn't a "signature" win indicative of things to come for Utah Willie. I can't think of any coach that received so much notoriety for accomplishing so little. A good year @ Utah is like a good year @ Tulane, and the Clemson folks have found out how little that's worth. Urban Blight inherited a ton of talent and it won't be for another 2 years before we'll start seeing whether he needs to know how to coach or whether he can play Bobby Bowden and skate by on recruiting ability (something else he still needs to prove he can do consistently in the SEC).

First off, UGA played like a D2 team today and would have gotten beat by both UT/UF.

But onto this game. Was I the only one not impressed by either?

UT's Offense looked like a joke most of the time. Some instances of running success and some solid passes by Ainge (good TD pass) but overall never got anything going. Would like to say UF's D was the primary reason but it seemed to me to be more mental mistakes.

As for UF, where was this great offense? Fumbles, penalties, mistakes.....the entire game. The spread offense looked watered down when facing speed that could get to Leak almost the entire game.

Both UF/UT looked very beatable last night.

...Anyway, UT lost.....neither team looked good at all.....I dont think UT is quiet as good as we thought.

182129[/snapback]

I have never been totally blown away by Fulmar's UT coaching staff. They always seem to win more on the athleticism of their 2-3 deep blue chip talent as opposed to outcoaching the other team. However, there's something else I've observed about UT over the years: they are the ultimate Dr Jeckyl/Mr Hyde team. One week they look like total crap, the next week they revert to being Top-10 world beaters. They certainly have the talent every year to be a perennial power and their record since Fulmer has been there shows it. Do not dismiss this team because of just one loss.

...Anyway, UT lost.....neither team looked good at all.....I dont think UT is quiet as good as we thought.

182129[/snapback]

I have never been totally blown away by Fulmar's UT coaching staff. They always seem to win more on the athleticism of their 2-3 deep blue chip talent as opposed to outcoaching the other team. However, there's something else I've observed about UT over the years: they are the ultimate Dr Jeckyl/Mr Hyde team. One week they look like total crap, the next week they revert to being Top-10 world beaters. They certainly have the talent every year to be a perennial power and their record since Fulmer has been there shows it. Do not dismiss this team because of just one loss.

182142[/snapback]

Yea, I see where you are coming from with that. They always seem to have a couple of close games and end up having a good year. I dont know, it might have just been the simple fact that it was in the Swamp. The Swamp as we all know is one of the hardest places to come into and snacth a victory. That and UF might be one of those teams that just gets it done, not pretty but gets it done.

Two things we learned from the UTK/FL game:

1) Tennessee was overrated . . . AGAIN.

2) Meyer's Micky Mouse offense will not cut it against the super sonic defenses of the SEC.

That being said, congratulations to Florida on a gutty win. You deserved it and the look on Fulmer's face was priceless.

As of now, i still think UGA is the best team in the east.

182170[/snapback]

You're kidding right? What do you base that on? Shockley will be shut down by any half competent defense as he always has been.

Because I think UGA has a better defense than UT. And a better running game than UT.

So I feel like they could beat Florida. That game last night didnt impress me at all.

You're kidding right? What do you base that on? Shockley will be shut down by any half competent defense as he always has been.

182209[/snapback]

Except CU in 2002 and 2003. Except UK in 2002. Except Alabama in his short stint in 2003.

Shockley isnt as terrible as many make him out to be.

182209[/snapback]

Except CU in 2002 and 2003. Except UK in 2002. Except Alabama in his short stint in 2003.

Shockley isnt as terrible as many make him out to be.

182212[/snapback]

He isn't? I guess you'll just have to disagree with yourself then:

Well, the good news is that we won

The bad news is that we found out our QB for next year is as bad as I had been preaching for 3 years on the DawgVent.

Don't leave Greene.....ask the NCAA for several more years

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13649&hl=

:lol: Okay, spin it, slink, spin it! :lol:

Because I think UGA has a better defense than UT. And a better running game than UT.

So I feel like they could beat Florida. That game last night didnt impress me at all.

182211[/snapback]

We'll have a much better idea when UT and UGA plays (oviously). If shockley can beat UT, I'll give him some props. They are strong up front but weak in the secondary so if he's a good qb he should be able to get something going.

Until UGA plays a quality opponent, we just can't be sure how good they are.

Well, the good news is that we won

The bad news is that we found out our QB for next year is as bad as I had been preaching for 3 years on the DawgVent.

Don't leave Greene.....ask the NCAA for several more years

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13649&hl=

:lol: Okay, spin it, slink, spin it! :lol:

182222[/snapback]

I hate you :lol:

Archived