What is the MULLET of the 2000s?

DKW 86

Mullets are defined as pop culture phenoms that finally wear completely out of style to the point of harsh ridicule. What do you think will be the Mullets of the 2000s?

No offense anyone, but IMHO, I nominate three things that men wear/do.

1) Wearing ball caps backwards

2) Goatees

3) Leaving the price tags on your clothes.

For women?

1) The "opened can of biscuits" look in low rise jeans.

2) Your thong being purposely pulled out to show everyone.

Mullets are defined as pop culture phenoms that finally wear completely out of style to the point of harsh ridicule. What do you think will be the Mullets of the 2000s?

No offense anyone, but IMHO, I nominate three things that men wear/do.

1) Wearing ball caps backwards

2) Goatees

3) Leaving the price tags on your clothes.

For women?

1) The "opened can of biscuits" look in low rise jeans.

2) Your thong being purposely pulled out to show everyone.

184840[/snapback]

Let's not wish the thong style away just yet, unless of course the thong more closely resembles a Sumo wrestler's mawashi than a womans attention grabbing undergarmet. For the sake of some of us dirty oldman8ia.gif, let's hang on to number 2 for a couple of more years at least! :big:

I agree with the things you mentioned for men. I would add these two:

1) Wearing pants that have the crotch hanging down to the knees

2) Middle class white "gangstas" representin' de hoodz of Mountain Brook, yo!

For women:

1) Facial piercings (including tongues, lips, eyebrows, noses).

2) Wearing pants with adjectives like "Juicy" written across the rear end

Jaydubb is right. All you need to do is check out the "trend" in tuscaloser to know what the mullet nation is doin' these days. :big:

Goatees have been around for 100's of years. They will never go out of style! Of course, I haven't shaved in 2 weeks and have converted from the goatee to a full beard.

History will look back on the eminem types and think "what the hell were they thinking?"

185011[/snapback]

What do you mean: "eminem types" ?

:homer: mmmmm M&M's

Man, I have been out of the states too long. I have no idea what the fashion is over there. Some of my younger guys wear these pants that look like they were designed for 4 people to wear at once, they look uncomfortable as can be. And the denim is that dirty looking kind....looks like they either rolled around in some good old Alabama red clay or changed the oil in their car with them on. Makes me shake my head every time I see them wearing these gaudy things to work.

Shorts! What ever happened to a regular pair of shorts? There are guys around the base wearing these things that go down about 3 inches below the knee. I asked one of my guys, "Why don't you just go ahead and make a call. Either wear a pair of pants or wear a pair of shorts. Either way, just make a decision."

Hopefully, this fashion trend will go the way of the polyester suit.

Young men (black & white) in their teens & 20's wearing their immensely baggy jeans below their butts! Do they have any idea how stupid they look?

Pregnant women wearing halter tops!

How about all that shaggy hair sticking out of the back of football helmets! Absolutely disgusting. I didn't like it when Steve Tannyhill had that look when he played at :usc: and it's gotten worse today. I'm waiting on some linebacker to come out of the pile with a paw full of hair in his hands.

There was a coach several years back that told one of his high profile players that he would not play if he didn't get a haircut. I can't remember the name, but the kid sat on the bench for about 2 games until he got the hint his coach wasn't kidding around. Needless to say, he wound up getting a haircut.

Archived