Arkansas game time...

moe

We won't know for sure until tuesday of next week.

186087[/snapback]

won't know what? Everything has been set, no national tv. There should be PPV, but there was no mention of it in the article.

186093[/snapback]

You're right. Guess we do know early for this one. I read yesterday's SEC release this morning.

Usually (in the past), the networks don't finalize their schedule until the tuesday of game week.

Guess I'll be making the drive from memphis to fayettenam.

Let's face the music folks. Auburn is not a hot commodity right now. No one is interested, outside of our fans. This is not an attractive game. Neither is UAT/MSU, but that game does feature a top-ten team.

186110[/snapback]

Note to aubie7: They sell uat bumper stickers at any 7-11 or Joe's Bait Shop in Alabama. Get one for your vehicle and go ahead and turn to the darkside. :lol:

I think we will end up seeing ESPN2 pick it up.  I don't know why espn.com shows the game as a CBS televised game???  :blink: .  I think the game time reflects them wanting to try to get it in on ESPN2.  IMO.  Of course, arky may just not want to get trounced on national TV again.  :big:

186109[/snapback]

UGA and Vandy are on ESPN2.

Maybe JP will show a night game? or maybe Arky will change it to a day game and JP will pick it up. I can't miss my tigers, and I cant afford to go to the game! What a horrible situation

I am going to do one of those

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST things.

There are only 4 SEC games that week.

LSU - FL

GA - Vandy

bama - OLE MISS

:au::cheer: -ARK

CBS is showing 2 games that week.

2:30 - prob LSU - FL

12:00 - ?

ESPN2 6:00 almost always has next shot at SEC game

?

11:30JP - ?

I PREDICT WE WILL BE ON TV!

(hoping too :P )

Guest Tigrinum Major

JP will not broadcast a game that day since it would conflict with the early CBS game.

The best we can hope for is a late pickup by ESPN or the Duece.

Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.

Link

Razorbacks Blocking Pay Per View Telecast

Frank Broyles By Mark Murphy Inside the Auburn Tigers

Date: Oct 4, 2005

Auburn, Ala.--The Auburn Network is hoping that University of Arkansas athletic director Frank Broyles will change his stance on allowing a pay per view telecast of the Oct. 15th Auburn at Arkansas football game.

Jon Cole, vice president and general manager of The Auburn Network, says his organization is trying to work out a deal with Arkansas to telecast the game that was not picked up for coverage by any television network.

“Technically, there is nothing preventing us from doing the pay per view because we will have our crew there anyway to do the taped delay telecast that airs on Sunday night,” Cole says. “All we need to do the pay per view is to receive permission from the University of Arkansas.”

Cole says that in the past The Auburn Network has helped Arkansas on production of Razorbacks vs. Tigers television events and he is disappointed that Arkansas, which controls the pay per view rights for the game as the home team, has not given approval for this year’s game to be a pay per view telecast.

Cole notes that the network has made several proposals for revenue sharing and even offered to make it available only in the state of Alabama if Broyles is concerned that the pay per view telecast will cut attendance at the game at Razorback Stadium. However, because of a contract the SEC signed with ESPN, any pay per view football telecast has to be be made available to ESPN for its GamePlan pay per view package, which is available in all 50 states.

Cole notes that in the contract that the SEC signed with ESPN for TV coverage of games, an SEC team is obligated to provide ESPN the feed of any pay per view game free of charge to ESPN.

The Auburn Network, working with the SEC, is asking ESPN if it would be willing to blackout the game in the state of Arkansas and nearby areas so that won’t damage attendance for the SEC game, which is not a sellout. Arkansas has approximately 1,100 tickets it is trying to sell for the Tigers vs. Razorbacks matchup.

Broyles was not in his office on Tuesday morning and not available for comment on the subject, an Arkansas official told Inside the Auburn Tigers.

Kickoff for the game is set for 6 p.m. Central. Auburn has two weeks to prepare for its first road trip this season while the Razorbacks have a game on Saturday in Little Rock vs. Louisiana-Monroe. Auburn will play the Razorbacks at their on-campus stadium in Fayetteville.

1100 TICKETS? Surely THAT is not the only hold up? What is the price of a ticket to a piggy game? $50.00? Pay 'em 55,000 and take it out of the pay per view. The University would still make money. What am I missing :huh:

Can someone please go talk some sense, into the bacon bits? Having to wait a week for the game is no fun, I understand why we need off weeks still isn’t fun for me as a fan. Then after waiting no tv because the piggies can't sell their tickets to a home game is just unacceptable.

:banghead:

I think we will end up seeing ESPN2 pick it up.  I don't know why espn.com shows the game as a CBS televised game???  :blink: .  I think the game time reflects them wanting to try to get it in on ESPN2.  IMO.  Of course, arky may just not want to get trounced on national TV again.  :big:

186109[/snapback]

UGA and Vandy are on ESPN2.

186164[/snapback]

According to ESPN.com, they have not put anybody on for ESPN or ESPN2. They show the bama v. miss, uf v. lsu, and the AU v. arky games as CBS games. THey do not list any games as ESPN or ESPN2. USC v. Notre Dame is on NBC. The uga v. Vandy game is slated for a 2:00 est kickoff. What channel shows games at 2:00p? IF you got a link, please share for the uga game!!

CBS exercises 6 day option

According to www.georgiadogs.com, CBS has exercised the 6 day option on SEC games. UF v. LSU is a lock for the 2:30 p game. CBS will decide by Oct 9, which of uga v. vandy OR bama v. ole miss games it will take for the early 11:00 game. Whoever does not get selected by CBS for the early game will be taken for the ESPN2 evening game.

Looks like we may be left out that week. I sure hope we can work out a PPV deal with the piggies!!!! I really don't want to have to just listen to the game.

If you were Arkansas, would you want this year's team on TV after the 70 points USC dropped on them a few weeks back?

Arkansas should have its membership revoked from the SEC if they do not provide an avenue for a league game to be televised.

If you were Arkansas, would you want this year's team on TV after the 70 points USC dropped on them a few weeks back? 

Arkansas should have its membership revoked from the SEC if they do not provide an avenue for a league game to be televised.

186218[/snapback]

That is what I was saying earlier, saving themselves some embarrasement?? We were able to solicit the band to stop the oppositions fight song from being played, so why can't we solicit for arky to allow PPV...here is the e-mail address available from the contact us on www.hogwired.com: arkansas@uark.edu

We can do it!!!!!!!!

So Frank Broyles is blocking us from getting on PPV. Everyone needs to send him an e-mail...I did.

Mr. Broyles,

Just admit that you don't want Arkansas to be embarrased on TV again.  Am I right?  Of course I'm right.  You are the wuss of the SEC.

War Eagle,

moe

There is no television planned, although The Auburn Network is still trying to work out a pay per view package.

Even though the network has offered to buy the remaining tickets to the game to ensure a sellout, Arkansas athletic director Frank Broyles is not allowing a pay per view telecast. Auburn Network officials have asked the SEC to intervene on their behalf, but Broyles has not changed his stance.

Looks like AU network took WarTim's suggestion and tried to buy 1100 piggy tix. But got blocked.

Hopefully the SEC head office will help get Frank's head out of his butt.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Yeah, I'm sure that an anonymous email insulting the AD for Arkansas will be very effective. Classy, moe, classy. :rolleyes:

IF you do feel compelled to send an email to a public figure like this, at least be professional and respectful. In fact, if some of you beancounter types could show how PPV would be more financially advantageous, that might be very effective.

Insulting an old man under the cover of email is not the way to do things, folks. He is about 75 years old and probably has a secretary that prints off the emails for him to read. If he ever sees one like that one, it will probably be ignored, as it should be.

Yeah, I'm sure that an anonymous email insulting the AD for Arkansas will be very effective.  Classy, moe, classy.  :rolleyes:

IF you do feel compelled to send an email to a public figure like this, at least be professional and respectful.  In fact, if some of you beancounter types could show how PPV would be more financially advantageous, that might be very effective. 

Insulting an old man under the cover of email is not the way to do things, folks.  He is about 75 years old and probably has a secretary that prints off the emails for him to read.  If he ever sees one like that one, it will probably be ignored, as it should be.

186725[/snapback]

was a joke man, was a joke

Broyles has always been a holier-than-thou a-hole since his days at Ga. Tech. He has brought little to Arkansas but controversy. I wish Arkansas would get out of the SEC.

Maybe someone here can explain this to me:

Broyles said his decision, which he explained to Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs, is not unusual.

"The ADs will tell you, if it's a solid sellout on a yearly basis, they'll use pay-per-view," Broyles told The Morning News in Fayetteville. "Otherwise, they don't. I told (Jacobs) the reason we couldn't let them have it and us not have it. Until we have a sellout, it's not economically sound."

And the part where they lose me:

Hubbard said the Auburn Network offered to buy the remaining tickets and was working with the SEC office in an effort to get ESPN to black out the game in Arkansas. Broyles wouldn't budge.

Its sad when the days of the NUTTHOUSE are cast down among the ranks of Vanderbilt and Mississipi St. I'm not a financial guru or anything, but it would seem that if they want a sellout, and someone is offering buying the remaining tickets, sharing profit of the PPV and even blacking it out in Arkansas...they still don't accept? Man that guy is an idiot.

The Bacon Bits at hogville share our pain:

Frank screwing Auburn and out of state Hog fans again

I can't find anyone who supports CHN or ADFB there and I am scared to go to woopig.

187062[/snapback]

Boy after checking out their forum (the avatars are worth the visit) you can't help but like the pigs on this issue.

Lets punish everyone mentality will kill them. I hope :au: hangs 60 points

on their ham hock. And to think that LSU once considered Nutt for head coach.

This is a dangerous game for :au: , Tubbs has been known to blow it, :big:

Archived