Going to Arkansas?

Tigerwalkin

:au: Is anybody going to the Arkansas game?  Just curious about hotels, tailgaiting, etc....  :au:

187677[/snapback]

Yes, I'm going but I was just about to post the same question. I want to know how the tailgating compares to Auburn as far as accessability to restrooms and how close are you allowed to the stadium, etc. There's nothing worse than finding a good spot to tailgate but you have to walk a mile to go to the restroom. Especially if you're putting away some beers.

:au: Is anybody going to the Arkansas game?  Just curious about hotels, tailgaiting, etc....  :au:

187677[/snapback]

Yes, I'm going but I was just about to post the same question. I want to know how the tailgating compares to Auburn as far as accessability to restrooms and how close are you allowed to the stadium, etc. There's nothing worse than finding a good spot to tailgate but you have to walk a mile to go to the restroom. Especially if you're putting away some beers.

187696[/snapback]

You guys are welcome to tailgate with us at the Hogville.net TG. We tailgate on the Bud Walton Arena lawn facing Razorback rd. We use the restrooms at the arena. The link below shows the arena in the background. It's about 5 to 8 minute walk to the stadium. You can drop off your cooler and park about a block away from the TG. If you have any questions just ask away.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=29666.0

Fayetteville is a HELL of a long trip from Auburn, easily our longest in the SEC...about 650-700 miles, I think. I would imagine that our traveling contingent is at its smallest for this game.

The best advice I can offer is, leave early! That is a long drive. Take extra clothing (sweat shirts & coats) think 1993, AU & ARK played in the snow. We had to sit on ice blocks and the wind was blowing hard. It was so cold I even bought two ARK sweat shirts at Wal-Mart and was glad to get them. That is the only football game I have spent more for extra clothing than for food.

It is a long way, but a good trip and I enjoyed the two trips to Fayetteville and one to Little Rock. (other than the score of the Little Rock game in 94).

Fayetteville is a HELL of a long trip from Auburn, easily our longest in the SEC...about 650-700 miles, I think. I would imagine that our traveling contingent is at its smallest for this game.

Anytime you get the urge to feel sorry for yourselves about having to travel all the way to Fayetteville, consider for a moment that the trip to Auburn is one of the quicker ones for Hog fans. If you guys had to travel as far as us on a regular basis you wouldn't be complaining today.

Anytime you get the urge to feel sorry for yourselves about having to travel all the way to Fayetteville, consider for a moment that the trip to Auburn is one of the quicker ones for Hog fans. If you guys had to travel as far as us on a regular basis you wouldn't be complaining today.

188023[/snapback]

Yeah, you guys have a journey almost every week don't you!

Lard, how do you see the game?

Is Houston in trouble? On the hot seat?

I'm flying up there on Friday with a group of friends. Arkansas is the only place in the SEC that I have not been to. I am looking forward to it. Plus it will be great football weather up there on Sat. night

I'm planning on going. I'm in the process of trying to convince some folks to ride over there with me. It's about a 5 hour trip from memphis and I really don't want to spend the night, so we're looking at getting home sometime between 2 and 3 am.

It wasn't a complaint, Lard...merely an observation. At the risk of taking this WAY off track, Arkansas is a much better geographic fit for the Big XII.

I'm not going to the game, at any rate...I'll be watching the ESPN2 crawl for updates.

Archived