Ross wont start at Center

DKW 86

Link-bodda-bink

Bad- luck blues

Auburn center Steven Ross can't seem to catch a break, unless it's to an ankle, knee or hip

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

By EVAN WOODBERY

Sports Reporter

AUBURN -- Saturday was to be Steven Ross' first big chance of the season.

But like so much of his injury-plagued career, the chance is slipping away.

Auburn coaches gave Ross the starting job at center for Saturday's game at Arkansas after he outplayed Joe Cope against South Carolina.

Four days before the game, his chances of starting now seem slim, thanks to a re-aggravated injury to his hip flexor.

"It's pretty frustrating," said Ross, a fifth-year senior from Nashville, Tenn. "It's just one of those things you have to deal with and try to get back."

That just sucks.....I believe Ross brings a little extra zip to the OL and our running attack. I hate that for him. Prayers for fast healing so he can play Saturday.

Do we have a plan to relieve Cope during the game. Who else can play center with Cope should Ross not be able to play.

I actually went to school with Joe Cope, hes a hard worker but he's not blessed with a gigantic body like the other football players are, he walked on I think it was 3 years ago and finally worked himself up to the starting center spot, I just hope he's big enough to be able to handle it, he did real well against MSU, we'll see how it all pans out.

Archived