ND SC

tarheeltiger

Pac 10 refs cheat = another USC win.

Ole Pete new he could not out coach Weis so he went for it on 2 and 2 with 3 seconds left. If he dosent get in they lose. Once again USC and refs steal another.

Ole Pete new he could not out coach Weis so he went for it on 2 and 2 with 3 seconds left. If he dosent get in they lose. Once again USC and refs steal another.

189149[/snapback]

Are you referring to the fumble? A fumble out of bounds stops the clock.

189149[/snapback]

Are you referring to the fumble? A fumble out of bounds stops the clock.

189152[/snapback]

no when USC went for it on 4 and 1 on their own 25 during the first half and were stuffed but the Pac-10 refs gave him the first down even though the replays clearly showed he didn't make it.

I absolutely HATE USC. I couldn't even stand the TV commentators making comments about their comeback like "This is what champions do"...blah blah. It was making me ill. They got lucky, that's all. Notre Dame dominated their defense on that last drive and I think they should have won. I wonder how many 1st place votes USC will get tomorrow?

That was an awesome game, even my wife and daughter, not interested in football at all unless it is Auburn were watching on the end of their seats.

Before USC converted that 4th and 9, I had this passing thought that UA might end up tomorrow afternoon ranked ahead of USC. Can you imagine such insanity?

I absolutely HATE USC. I couldn't even stand the TV commentators making comments about their comeback like "This is what champions do"...blah blah. It was making me ill. They got lucky, that's all. Notre Dame dominated their defense on that last drive and I think they should have won. I wonder how many 1st place votes USC will get tomorrow?

189162[/snapback]

They'll get them all, because they won in a hostile environment. No matter how the game ended, the voters will see a win for USC as a way to bail them out.

Carroll is on the Gameday set during halftime of the fsu-uva game - don't have the volume on, but it looks like he's enjoying a six-lip butt massage from those guys. The caption says "usc shows heart of champion". ugh!

189147[/snapback]

DON't forget the PHANTOM PENALTY on ND's star DT....no foul on the play ..instead of third and 13 USC has a first down inside the ND 12 I believe!(4th td drive,4th Q!!) :puke:

USC did cheat to win this game. Looking at the replay Leinart was stopped and just standing there, and Bush pushed him backwards into the end zone. Aiding a runner is supposed to be a 15 yard personal foul penalty...

USC did cheat to win this game.  Looking at the replay Leinart was stopped and just standing there, and Bush pushed him backwards into the end zone.  Aiding a runner is supposed to be a 15 yard personal foul penalty...

189228[/snapback]

What exactly is the rule? I have alway heard this but have never seen it called in this situation in 35 years of watching f'ball. I have seen this type of "help" many times

I wouldn't go there...the PF call was a joke though..Weiss should've tried to work the clock more with the run...he was loooking like he was hyperventilating when they scored with 2 minutes left! :lol:

189147[/snapback]

DON't forget the PHANTOM PENALTY on ND's star DT....no foul on the play ..instead of third and 13 USC has a first down inside the ND 12 I believe!(4th td drive,4th Q!!) :puke:

189220[/snapback]

It is questionable from what the replay showed (or didn't show). I would be very interested to find out exactly what the official saw to throw the flag.

And I did find it odd at the start of the game when they said it was PAC-10 refs. I thought they used refs out of conference refs for games of this type.

ESPN guys had a long argument on this illegal assistance by Leinart, one of the former coaches going on and on about how it should have been called, it was so blatent; and the others saying basically everyone does it and gets away with it, a good no-call. In this situation, I think it was pretty blatent assistance, Leinart had been stopped cold, shuffling down the line of scrimmage, and I don't think would have fallen backwards by himself into the end zone without Bush pushing him...

What about the fact that Leinhart fumbled the ball backwards and out of bounds, but the refs spotted it on the 2 inch line? Had they gotten a correct spot, no way he gets in.

It was nice to see them earn a win though, I'll give them that. Too bad they don't do it more often.

What about the fact that Leinhart fumbled the ball backwards and out of bounds, but the refs spotted it on the 2 inch line?  Had they gotten a correct spot, no way he gets in.

It was nice to see them earn a win though, I'll give them that.  Too bad they don't do it more often.

189318[/snapback]

There are always plays and calls people look at in post-game quarterbacking. To me ND lost the game when they let USC get the 61 yard pass play on the last drive in a 4th and 9 situation. No excuse for that.

I don't particulary like USC but I do love to see the almighty ND get it in the end and hear them whine. :D

Archived