Greg Smith

Dlewis23

Rival finally decided to rank the Juco prospects and our man Greg is listed as a five star DT. :cheer:http://auburn.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?year=2006&school=7

This makes me feel lalot better about our DLine next year with the loss of TJ.

Zach Clayton DT 6-3 250 4.8 is rated a 2 star. But he and the AU coaches know going in that he will red shirt and work out & gain weight for a year. He does have the frame to add 30 - 40 pounds and if he does not loose speed with the gain, Whoa Nellie!

If any of you have seen video of him, he is very quick and moves to the ball carrier very well. He looks like he could be a good one in a couple of years.

Now if we can get some stud OLs.

189790[/snapback]

I believe that Kareem Crowell is going on the offensive side of the ball and Hopefully we pick up Jemarcus Ricks.

Maybe get Mike Harness back from Hargrave.

We have been doing extremely well at the skill positions but you are 100 % correct. We need to pick up a few more OLinemen.

:au: Remember, Auburn has a nack for turning D-Lineman into O-Lineman. :au:

190013[/snapback]

True, but why not get some HS kids who already have OL experience?

:au: The only thing I can think of is maybe D-Lineman are generally more aggressive than O-lineman, which is a good trait to have on the O-line. ??  :au:

190130[/snapback]

For the most part, on the whole in general, they usually tend to be a little faster as well. :big:

I remember hearing Bobby Bowden say a long time ago that he rarely recruits an offensive lineman. He goes after d-linemen and if they are not quick enough to play defense, he turns them into o-lineman.

Not a bad idea.

True, but why not get some HS kids who already have OL experience?

190078[/snapback]

Remember in high school alot of kids go both ways and play multiple positions. Jemarcus Ricks is a dominant(and highly rated) DLineman, but is projected as an offensive lineman in college. While he is not listed as a olineman on some recruiting sights, he does play the position in high school and will have at least minimal experience on the oline when he arrives in college.

Tigerwalkin I think that the "aggressive nature" of Dlineman is a very good point. Its hard to teach a player to be more aggressive.

Archived