Bama undefeated coming into JHS

88Tiger

Do you want Bama undefeated coming into JHS this year?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Bama undefeated coming into JHS this year?

• Heck yes...just so we can be the ones to knock 'em out.
    • No way...I can never and will never root for Bama to ever win. period!
    • I don't really care one way or the other.

Never....EVER..."root" for uat in any shape-form-or fashion. :angry:

Oh, did I mention NEVER?!? ;)

Not just NO....but HAAAAAIIIIILLL NO!!! :big:

Seriously, I go by that old phrase about "My 2 favorite teams are Auburn and whoever is playing Bama." It's part of the rivalry and I love pulling for Bama's opponent. Look, just recall when you were in JH last and Carl Stevens blasted out a score with Bama being behind. There was no louder cheer that whole day. I've heard the exact same thing numerous times from Bama fans about BD.

And from Tuscaloosa, with just under 3 minutes to play in the 4th quarter, Tennessee 47....Alabama 3.

:cheer::lol::cheer::thumbsup:

I think I saw this movie once already.

Auburn 30

uat 20

If it comes to beatin' them like that again, then so be it.

No matter how many times I hear "I want Auburn/UAT to be undefeated when we play." All I cant think of how full of it they are, I don't care what sport just like Esquire mentioned my two favorite teams are Auburn and whoever is playing UAT.

WDE! :cheer::au:

Let me make this perfectly clear:

I hope they are 6-4 coming into the Iron Bowl and the only reason I didn't say 6-60 is because there aren't that many games on the schedule. But next year I hope they come in 0-11! ...ditto for 2007, 2008, 2009, etc...

Back to this year: Their record by Iron Bowl time will have little to do with our future. Iron Bowl Champs, SEC Champs, Sugar Bowl Champs...if we can keep winning, that's our path regardless of what the pachyderms do!

Quietfan said it.

I want them 6--however-many-games-theyhave-before-they-play-us. I would prefer 0--10, but that's behind us.

I really have difficulty imagining ANY scenario that would have me pulling for uat. There is no team on earth that I dislike enough to pull for uat to beat them.

If the outcome of some uat game would clear the way for Auburn to get a MNC, well . . .er . . . (I just can't say it).

Well shoot dang... This is hard.

I would find enormous joy in being Bama's sole defeat, BUT the media would have them on a pedestal as high as a sky scraper, the Bama Pride and Tradishun would be at critical mass until the night of the game, and they would have won 10 games on the season which would lead to the pride and tradishun dribble strong into the offseason. Also, the way the polls go, they would probably still be ranked ahead of us even after a complete spanking.

On the other hand, I like them being 6-4 because they have to fess up to the fact they're sorry (at least the fans who could point to Tuscaloser on a map would) and the Crimson pride wouldn't be so noticable. BUT, we don't get the joy of thumping an undefeated UAT team.

I'll need to think about this one....

If they're undefeated overall, and we're undefeated in the SEC we will control our own destiny and I like that part. Plus the stakes will be huge for this game and I would love that. But in this situation we have to beat LSU and UGA first. Also, Bama would have to beat UT and LSU, which I don't think will happen.

No matter how many times I hear "I want Auburn/UAT to be undefeated when we play." All I cant think of how full of it they are, I don't care what sport just like Esquire mentioned my two favorite teams are  Auburn and whoever is playing UAT.

WDE!  :cheer:   :au:

190220[/snapback]

I guess I am just "full of it then" and not a true :au: guy. <_< I try to look at the big picture that benefits the team the most. We griped about getting screwed last year out of a MNC and it was because of a supposed soft schedule. It only helps us if UAT is undefeated when we play them. If they suck, then a win over them will be just like what all the critics said about our win over them last year..."it should have not been that close". C'mon guys, you want the whole SEC to do good, because that only helps our chances to eventually get back up there. I have already heard a couple of national analysts say that if we could run the gauntlet and some upsets happen, we could be right back up there again this year. Besides that, do you not understand how awesome it would be to knock UAT out of the conference and MNC championship hunt? That would be the ultimate insult to them! I only thought bammers had some much hatred that they could not see past it to the ulitmate goal. Guess I was wrong. :P

Ugh...I can't vote. Can't make up my mind. I love it when Bama loses...but c'mon. Think of the pub that would come from knocking them out of the MNC race if they're unbeaten. It makes me giddy. Yes, I said it, giddy. Especially if we've just ruined someone else's perfect season the week before...I don't have to say who... B)

While it would be fun to play Bama undefeated lets not forget we went into their house and beat them to cap off a perfect season. Would rather not have to worry about that happening against us this year any way.

I don't care what the scenario is or how much it would mathematically help us for them to be undefeated or be cool to end their perfect season, the choice says it all. I will NEVER, EVER as long as there is breath in my body pull for UAT in any form or fashion, period. I cannot stand anything about UAT and hope they lose every time they step on the field, and I wasn't even around yet for the Bahr days to say that... I just hate them.

No matter how many times I hear "I want Auburn/UAT to be undefeated when we play." All I cant think of how full of it they are, I don't care what sport just like Esquire mentioned my two favorite teams are  Auburn and whoever is playing UAT.

WDE!  :cheer:   :au:

190220[/snapback]

I guess I am just "full of it then" and not a true :au: guy. <_< I try to look at the big picture that benefits the team the most. We griped about getting screwed last year out of a MNC and it was because of a supposed soft schedule. It only helps us if UAT is undefeated when we play them. If they suck, then a win over them will be just like what all the critics said about our win over them last year..."it should have not been that close". C'mon guys, you want the whole SEC to do good, because that only helps our chances to eventually get back up there. I have already heard a couple of national analysts say that if we could run the gauntlet and some upsets happen, we could be right back up there again this year. Besides that, do you not understand how awesome it would be to knock UAT out of the conference and MNC championship hunt? That would be the ultimate insult to them! I only thought bammers had some much hatred that they could not see past it to the ulitmate goal. Guess I was wrong. :P

190290[/snapback]

Ok admittedly the "full of it" remark might have been much, its just many people say they hate uat then pull for them to win so they can play auburn without a loss. If you really hate a team you can't pull for them to win. Now it doesn't bother me if they happen to come in undefeated or 0-10 but I don't pull for them to win ever. As far as helping Auburn, if it comes to a game we need them to win for Auburn to go to the SEC championship or MNC. Well I guess I would not mind if they won but I couldn't pull for them. :big:

This poll was for this year, and as bad as I hate it USC will play either Vtech or Texas in the MNC so the bigger picture is not the subject here. In the future it might be but now, where the rest of the sec is concerned I always pull for sec teams uat excluded. Personally I'm a big UGA fan when they are not playing Auburn, I know they are a rivial but a classy and respected one so I have no problem pulling for them.

Oh yeah Ranger, you can wish UAT the best and still be a good Auburn man, just don’t look down on those who dislike as passionately as they love auburn

If Auburn has only lost one SEC game, then I wouldn't mind them being undfeated.

Remember how much joy bammers got out of pretending that their moral victory against Auburn was what kept us out of the title game?

Even though it sucks for them to win, that first loss of the season is always the worst. For us to take their SEC West, SEC, and National Title hopes away when they are on top of the world would be too good.

I put the well being of Auburn University above all else in this matter. Beating an undefeated Bammer team will help AU a lot more than beating a Bammer team that has a couple of losses. We have to think about what best for :au: in the long run.

WDE

Archived