Do you consider LSU a rivalry game?

geauxscott

Do you consider LSU a rivalry game?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider LSU a rivalry game?

• Yes
    • No
    • On its way

do you think Luke will go over to the UGA boards and flame theirs as well? Do you think I could post something like that here and not get banned? even in the Woodshed? not likely. Notice his post is still up and he was not banned for it.

191081[/snapback]

The post Luke made was no worse than any made over here by LSUSCOTT or Ellis Hugh - just some smack and flame on a rival's board - and those Faux Tigers jumped on it like a hungry nutria on a french fry.

191075[/snapback]

Maybe you missed that in my original post - I quite plainly said his post was a flame - JUST like the flames GEAUXSCOTT posts here and DOESN"T get banned for. And you wouldn't get banned for posting the exact same thing here aimed at us - as long as you post in the Woodshed. Flame away - keep it relatively clean and don't talk about any player or his family in a personal way and you will not be banned.

What catchy little nickname does Auburn fan have for its number 2 bitter rival UGA? I've never seen one, is UGA not worth of a catchy nickname? I guess only LSU is worthy of such distinction.

191081[/snapback]

Actually, show up the week of the Georgia game and you will see lots of talk about beating the Leg Humpers. Kind of makes corndog look pretty good, huh?

Georgia is not a bitter rival - just a long time traditional one. As far as I know, they have never thrown rocks at our team bus. So we'll save the "bitter" part for you LSU fans.

Basically, if there are any feelings of superiority for Auburn fans towards LSU, it's because we have earned them on the field LATELY. We make fun of bammer acting all superior because they have sucked for so long - it is delusional for them to act that way when it has been a while since they beat us, since it took them 100 years to score on Auburn in Tuscaloser, and since their new coach just got his first "signature win" against a raunchy Florida team! How to you translate that into "superior"? :blink:

I think you guys just don't like to admit that y'all need to hate us more than we need to hate you. But that's okay - we plan on continuing to give you reasons to hate us for a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time. :au:

191092[/snapback]

Aw jenny, it's not that we NEED to hate anyone. It is the simple fact for the last 8 years the stakes of the game have been so high. If we want to hate we have Alabama for that. Now LSU fans will readily tell you that they HATE ALABAMA. I just read this thread and it doesn't make much sense to me how LSU could be 3 or 4 on a rival list when we play you for the SECCG EVERY YEAR.

Who really cares about the 40s,50,60s, when you have the last 20 meetings between LSU and Auburn to chew on?

But we are only 3 or 4 on the rival meter. :roflol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just read this thread and it doesn't make much sense to me how LSU could be 3 or 4 on a rival list when we play you for the SECCG EVERY YEAR.

191103[/snapback]

Well, if Mommy power wins out, maybe by the time Katie is at Auburn 20 yeras from now, her response to this poll will be different. Until then, we hate bammer and respect Georgia and HAVE to play you guys. :big:

Well, an LSU fan started this thread and marked it for AU fans only. st doesn't appear to be an AU fan (correct me if I am wrong).

AU fans answered the question truthfully, and st has a problem with our collective opinion. He appears to imply that we are collectively lying in our responses.

gs, you asked for it and you got it. If st thinks we think of LSU as a great rivalry, then that's fine. It won't change facts however.

:au:

A good history which supports this being a rivalry. Plus, CTT says it is. Mmmmm.

http://www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes/i...7690.xml&coll=1

"I ain't nuttin' but a corndog,

Gotta stick up my butt.

No wonder I'm so mean -

and all shook up!

I ain't nuttin' but a corndog,

Got mustard on my head.

It's got my brain clogged up.

Things I say shouldn't be said!

Goin' to the game.

Auburn's gonna kick ass,

The outcome's always the same!

Beer bottle in hand.

When their team comes out,

I'll show 'em I'm a man!"

Guest Tigrinum Major
Who really cares about the 40s,50,60s, when you have the last 20 meetings between LSU and Auburn to chew on?

But we are only 3 or 4 on the rival meter.  :roflol:

191103[/snapback]

We have to live, work and breath with bama fans. They are like lice, damn near impossible to get rid of, unless Bama is losing. Then only the true fans stick around and they are pretty much tolerable.

UGA is a long rival and still in close proximity. Lots of Auburn folks originally hail from or live in Georgia now. Ask those folks about rivals and the Dawgs will rank higher than Bama for some.

The LSU rivalry is just the LSU rivalry. Weird, wild and a little unpredictable, but always a good time, kind of like Louisiana itself.

I don't hate LSU. I don't hate UGA. I loathe Bama. Given the choice as the order I would like to beat them, it would be Bama, UGA, LSU. Not a slam against the Tigers, but it is my personal opinion and no amount of your attempts to convince me otherwise will ever change it.

he asked for rival, not traditional rival, so I can understand where the different opinions come in. The UGA/AU game has history because you have played so long, but does it really matter more than your biggest competition for a trip to the SECCG? from our perspectivelooking at LSU/UF, no way. We play Florida every year because the League office says we have to, we did not choose to play Florida. matter of fact when all of that happened and LSU sucked, a lot of Tiger fans complained about LSU drawing Florida as the permanent opponent.

I think the LSU/AU game has become a marquee matchup that everyone pays attention to. Can't really say that about AU/UGA - there doesn't seem to be any animosity there. It usually is a good game, but it doesn't get the blood boiling.

LSU does not have a real rival anymore, so the attention is focused onto the stiffest Division competition. For a while now it has been Auburn. Throw some classless episodes from both sides onto the fire and watch it burn even brighter.

I laugh at the venom some of you display towards an LSU program that you obviously feel superior to. Did you ever think that your moral superiority feeds the intense burning LSU fans have for this game?  Kind of reminds me of the way some Alabama fans talk about Auburn.  :poke:  

but then you have people start threads like this

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/message...c.asp?p=1302888

that really put the whole thing inperspective.

So Auburn has 4 football national championships?

according to this Auburn fan you do: 1957, 1983, 1993, 2004.

So is Auburn fan becoming what most say they despise?  TIDEFAN? :roflol:

191070[/snapback]

I think that was started on another board....not here...so what relevance does that play on this board....And I don't think anyone was flaming LSU...The Question was about Rivalvries..Wasn't it...talk about starting something on a board....Pot calling the kettle black :blink:

he asked for rival, not traditional rival, so I can understand where the different opinions come in. The UGA/AU game has history because you have played so long, but does it really matter more than your biggest competition for a trip to the SECCG? from our perspectivelooking at LSU/UF, no way. We play Florida every year because the League office says we have to, we did not choose to play Florida. matter of fact when all of that happened and LSU sucked, a lot of Tiger fans complained about LSU drawing Florida as the permanent opponent.

I think the LSU/AU game has become a marquee matchup that everyone pays attention to. Can't really say that about AU/UGA - there doesn't seem to be any animosity there. It usually is a good game, but it doesn't get the blood boiling.

LSU does not have a real rival anymore, so the attention is focused onto the stiffest Division competition. For a while now it has been Auburn. Throw some classless episodes from both sides onto the fire and watch it burn even brighter.

I laugh at the venom some of you display towards an LSU program that you obviously feel superior to. Did you ever think that your moral superiority feeds the intense burning LSU fans have for this game?  Kind of reminds me of the way some Alabama fans talk about Auburn.  :poke:  

191070[/snapback]

I think that was started on another board....not here...so what relevance does that play on this board....And I don't think anyone was flaming LSU...The Question was about Rivalvries..Wasn't it...talk about starting something on a board....Pot calling the kettle black :blink:

191163[/snapback]

you have come in on the tail end of the conversation. Did you read the whole thread? Some good points were made but no one expected any change in attitude on either side. It's Auburn/LSU week, so we talk about Auburn/LSU. No big whoop.

;)

Tigrinum Major

GRRREAT POST!

I agree with the substance of the post. But I, for obvious reasons, LOATHE both Bama and UGA! I live in the upstate of S.C., and UGA is all around here. But I will agree..........

BAMA, UGA, LSU!

191070[/snapback]

191163[/snapback]

you have come in on the tail end of the conversation. Did you read the whole thread? Some good points were made but no one expected any change in attitude on either side. It's Auburn/LSU week, so we talk about Auburn/LSU. No big whoop.

I read it...my point was your mentioning something from another board by another poster what does that have to do with the AU/LSU rivalry....is it pertinent to this conversation? I don't think so....

And this is a rivalry make no bones about it....LSU lead a slight 20-18-1 edge...

Guest Tigrinum Major

I don't know who is responsible, but would someone please learn how to use the quote feature effectively?

Thank you.

And just so you don't think I am just being mean or hateful... :big:

I don't know who is responsible, but would someone please learn how to use the quote feature effectively?

Thank you.

And just so you don't think I am just being mean or hateful... :big:

191185[/snapback]

Ummmm...no :no: ........... :big:

I think the LSU game has replaced the Florida game. I never really hated the school or the fans, it was Spurrier that got under my skin. With LSU, it's the fans (with the exception of you, Geauxtiger and others on this board).

With bammer, it's an in-state war for bragging rights. It's the game that defines the season.

With Georgia, it's history and borderwars, with nothing but respect for each team.

I have to say I hate LSU. Having witnessed how alot of the fans, not all, but alot of the fans act has fueled a bitter hatred toward LSU second only to bammer.

As for Georgia, I don't hate them. Their's a mutual respect between the two schools.

Guest Tigrinum Major

You obviously never spent much time amongst the Gators. They are foul-mouthed, redneck, obnoxious, crude, ugly people and so are their husbands.

You obviously never spent much time amongst the Gators.  They are foul-mouthed, redneck, obnoxious, crude, ugly people and so are their husbands.

191201[/snapback]

My one trip to Gainesville was in the TigerBand and one of these UF lovely ladies - threw an entire 16oz cup of stale draft beer on us. On our way into the stadium. So we had to sit there in those hot ass wool unis, get our asses handed to us (1990 season) and stink of dried beer the whole time.

There is a special spot in Hell for fans like that of all schools. Mine included.

sucked big time.

You obviously never spent much time amongst the Gators.  They are foul-mouthed, redneck, obnoxious, crude, ugly people and so are their husbands.

191201[/snapback]

Gator fans really are ugly compared to other SEC schools.

Not all mind you.

But most...heck, I havent met a UF guy that said he wasn't excited about the Cocktail party and seeing "UGA girls"....usually your rival is mocking your schools girls :huh: :big:

Honestly though, I only had one bad experience in 4 years in Jax....I like their fans really

191201[/snapback]

Yet they pale in comparison to the dark pink wearin' wannabees. B)

Even though Auburn hardly plays them anymore its hard for me to replace UT, UF and even GT. You could always count on fights in the stands against GT. How many remember GT fans chasing Aubie and pulling his tail off over in Atlanta.

Even though Auburn hardly plays them anymore its hard for me to replace UT, UF and even GT. You could always count on fights in the stands against GT. How many remember GT fans chasing Aubie and pulling his tail off over in Atlanta.

191259[/snapback]

I do!! And to this day the teams I dislike the most are:

1.bama

2. GT

3. ND

191259[/snapback]

I do!! And to this day the teams I dislike the most are:

1.bama

2. GT

3. ND

Go Vols beat bama

Archived