Uniforms, Navy or White?

TigerOne

Anyone heard, there are some rumblings that LSU may wear purple pants,

and or gold jerseys, :puke: if so what will :au: wear.

may be to just mess with :au: preparation and have to bring both blue and white.

I hope y'all wear navy jerseys so we can wear white and gold. We only have one decent uniform combo. Every other one I have seen has been pretty atrocious.

Well, it's up to the home team to dictate who wears what now. My guess is LSU does it's traditional white shirt/gold pants and Auburn wears navy shirt/white pants.

One thing I wish LSU would fix is that dumb half stripe on the shoulders. The ones who have the shoulder stripes than come all the way down under the arm look the best and LSU used to do that. They changed a few years ago and they look terrible by comparison. I think Ole Miss did the half thing for a few years but this season they went back to the full ones.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Well, it's up to the home team to dictate who wears what now.  My guess is LSU does it's traditional white shirt/gold pants and Auburn wears navy shirt/white pants.

191148[/snapback]

That is what I am hoping for. I like that classic look.

On another note, I just read your response to the corndog thread at tigersmack. I laughed out louded and my minions at work looked into my office with very suspicious looks on their faces.

That was classic!

I like it when  :lsu:   wears purple jerseys.  It reminds me how different they are from normal teams.  :lol:

Seriously, I do like their purple unis best.

191154[/snapback]

I always thought the purple jerseys were very sharpe. I hated to see them stop wearing them. Although they have went back to wearing them non conferance games. I just don't think the white jerseys look as good.

Well, it's up to the home team to dictate who wears what now.  My guess is LSU does it's traditional white shirt/gold pants and Auburn wears navy shirt/white pants.

191148[/snapback]

That is what I am hoping for. I like that classic look.

On another note, I just read your response to the corndog thread at tigersmack. I laughed out louded and my minions at work looked into my office with very suspicious looks on their faces.

That was classic!

191157[/snapback]

Thank you. I'm here all weekend.

That board is so sloooooow though. Not one response and I posted it almost 6 hrs ago.

I say we wear Orange Jerseys with navy pants....................... NOT!!!!

I suspect that LSU will stick to their traditional white's. But hey, as long as we whip their WHO backsides......................... WHO CARES what they wear!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

BEAT LSWHOO!

i personally like the all-white our boys wear on the road. too bad we can't wear 'em in baton rouge. i always picture frank sanders catching that TD pass in the swamp in those white nikes. :D ahhh, memories. and speaking of 94, what about all those INT returns verus LSU. :cheer:

over at tigerforums.com they have been talking about purple pants for this weekend. I'm not sure if those are just rumors or what but that would look terrible for them. I'm not a huge fan of the home team wearing white jerseys, but I do like Auburn in the Navy ones.

SEC rules require the home team to wear their "dark" jerseys. Exceptions can be made to permit the home team to wear white jerseys, if, and only if, the visiting team agrees to that (and wears dark jerseys).

All this is settled way before the game, not at the last minute.

Rumor has it Auburn is packing only orange uni's with orange face mask. While LSU wears Purple on purple..... ok that's a little scary. :no:

Guest Tigrinum Major
Rumor has it Auburn is packing only orange uni's  with orange face mask. While LSU wears Purple on purple..... ok that's a little scary. :no:

191190[/snapback]

It will look like Clemson threw up on the field.

That has to be one of the more fashion faux pas rumors that I have ever read.

Rumor has it Auburn is packing only orange uni's  with orange face mask. While LSU wears Purple on purple..... ok that's a little scary. :no:

191190[/snapback]

It will look like Clemson threw up on the field.

That has to be one of the more fashion faux pas rumors that I have ever read.

191193[/snapback]

If we walked out looking like that i would :puke: , its just funny how easy all the orange stuff gets started these days.

SEC rules require the home team to wear their "dark" jerseys.  Exceptions can be made to permit the home team to wear white jerseys, if, and only if, the visiting team agrees to that (and wears dark jerseys).

191188[/snapback]

Not anymore. They changed it in the late 90s and now its the home team's prerogative as long as they give all the visiting teams plenty of notice.

SEC rules require the home team to wear their "dark" jerseys.  Exceptions can be made to permit the home team to wear white jerseys, if, and only if, the visiting team agrees to that (and wears dark jerseys).

191188[/snapback]

Not anymore. They changed it in the late 90s and now its the home team's prerogative as long as they give all the visiting teams plenty of notice.

191219[/snapback]

Now that you all know the rule, look for LSU to be wearing their white jerseys & yeller pants, AUBURN will be in their great looking blue jerseys and white pants. Unless of course LSU chooses diferently. :):P

I think both Auburn's whites and blues are some of the classiest uniforms in the land, so I don't mind them wearing either.

LSU, of course, needs to wear whatever looks best when lying flat on the ground... B)

Archived