Stat of the YEAR

vatz22au

Thats right....The number is ZERO. Thats how many teams this season that have passed over 200 yards on Auburn. Hats off to Gibbs and the Auburn defense.

With all the passing that most teams do, that is pretty impressive. They must be doing something right, inspite of how it looks at times!

:au::au:

WAR EAGLE!

:au::au:

I don't know why that would be surprising. Yes, we are middle of the pack in the SEC in sacks, but sacks are just a small portion of pass defense. The coaches said after the OM game that they didn't plan to blitz OM; that their passing game wasn't effective enough to warrant it. Sounds like they knew what they were talking about. Sure sacks are fun and gets the crowd into the game, but how many points do you get for a sack?? In fact, when you come with an all out blitz and it is picked up, the offense usually gets a big play! We did get two sacks yesterday with only the front four rushing.

You need to remember that coach Gibbs previously coached secondary in the NFL. I'll bet that he knows a few tricks on pass defense that few other college coaches know. It appears that he is using this season to evaluate his secondary talent and put the right players in the right places. Next year, we will have no less than SIX current or former starters for the four spots. I think we will have a really NASTY secondary next year!!!!!

How can anyone possibly argue with the results so far?

Archived