Best Excuses you've heard from bammers

saniflush

Kind of a take-off of another thread but thought it may have enough to sprout a life of it's own.  State example if poss.

194273[/snapback]

Saniflush drank all the whiskey, there was none left for Joe Willie, "the kiss" could not be attempted, and the Suzy Kolber jinx was on.

I think my favorite was in the mid 90's.

"The refs stole it from us and are against us"

refers to the Arkansas game when they claim J. J. Meaders from Arkansas caught a bounce pass in the front corner of the endzone to beat them. I didn't think the whine would ever subside.

Kind of a take-off of another thread but thought it may have enough to sprout a life of it's own.  State example if poss.

194273[/snapback]

Saniflush drank all the whiskey, there was none left for Joe Willie, "the kiss" could not be attempted, and the Suzy Kolber jinx was on.

194278[/snapback]

There is no such thing as drinking joe willie out of whiskey just like you can't run the snake out of the white stuff.

refers to the Arkansas game when they claim J. J. Meaders from Arkansas caught a bounce pass in the front corner of the endzone to beat them.  I didn't think the whine would ever subside.

194284[/snapback]

Also the Iron Bowl 1995. "His feet were in, and he clearly had possession." I got sick of hearing that one.

refers to the Arkansas game when they claim J. J. Meaders from Arkansas caught a bounce pass in the front corner of the endzone to beat them.  I didn't think the whine would ever subside.

194284[/snapback]

It hasn't subsided! Oh, the particular play/game may change, but the referee conspiracy is still alive and well (in some minds).

I'm going to copyright the following for when they go 9-0 and finish 9-2...

"If Prothro wouldn't have gotten hurt we would have gone 11-0"

194312[/snapback]

Bingo! Our local corndog has picked a definate winner! B)

I'm going to copyright the following for when they go 9-0 and finish 9-2...

"If Prothro wouldn't have gotten hurt we would have gone 11-0"

194312[/snapback]

Bingo! Our local corndog has picked a definate winner! B)

194324[/snapback]

Tim, does it make the situation sadder when a corndog can see the writing on the wall? I think so. :big:

"If the BCS weren't against us, we wouldn't have been left out of the NCCG in 2004" (which you still would have lost)

"We are the 'People's Nat. Champs" (according to the Euphala times)

:poke:

all in the spirit of this thread... as i have said elsewhere, i agree y'all got screwed... but Tubby is still preaching about it ain't he?

I agree with him though

"Favorite" uat excuse?

"She looked 13. Who could tell without her front teeth?" :D

"If the BCS weren't against us, we wouldn't have been left out of the NCCG in 2004"  (which you still would have lost)

all in the spirit of this thread... as i have said elsewhere, i agree y'all got screwed... but Tubby is still preaching about it ain't he?

I agree with him though

194457[/snapback]

I understand your points--In fact, I don't think much of the "People's National Championship" (or any internet poll, for that matter). However, unlike Bama's paranoia that people are out to get them specifically (NCAA, Feds in Memphis, SEC, referees, etc.), I don't think any Auburn fan claimed the BCS held a vendetta against Auburn specifically--only that pollsters were biased in favor of USC & OU and the system doesn't permit more than 2 MNC contenders to meet.

Tommy Tuberville's "preaching" can only help one school in the SEC right now--Bama. So you should be shouting "Preach on, Brother, preach on!" [Although I don't think your BCS standing will be an issue after you play LSU and/or us. :poke: ]

"If the BCS weren't against us, we wouldn't have been left out of the NCCG in 2004"  (which you still would have lost)

I agree with him though

194457[/snapback]

I understand your points--In fact, I don't think much of the "People's National Championship" (or any internet poll, for that matter). However, unlike Bama's paranoia that people are out to get them specifically (NCAA, Feds in Memphis, SEC, referees, etc.), I don't think any Auburn fan claimed the BCS held a vendetta against Auburn specifically--only that pollsters were biased in favor of USC & OU and the system doesn't permit more than 2 MNC contenders to meet.

Tommy Tuberville's "preaching" can only help one school in the SEC right now--Bama. So you should be shouting "Preach on, Brother, preach on!" [Although I don't think your BCS standing will be an issue after you play LSU and/or us. :poke: ]

194464[/snapback]

i said i agreed with him... this was a minor smack thread, so i just took my pokes, like y'all were.... all in fun...

Oh, and i did read the title... but while y'all take pokes at "bammers", i'll take my pokes at "barners"

Correction, that should be "uaters". :D

The best one I heard this year was from a radio station here in Pensacola 98.1 the Ticket it all most made me ditch the car.

The D.J. said for the SEC to be great and have the national spot light on the conference that :ua: has to be great and go 13-0 or be in the top 3 nationally with one or two losses.

I guess he forgot about :uf: with Spurrier and the good teams he had and :lsu: , :ut: national titles oh yea I forgot if was not for :ua: the world would not spin.

My favorite is:  " :ua: always plays to the level of the other team"

194482[/snapback]

That is unless they actually play well then it is "they got up for Alabama. Everybody does" :roflol:

Archived