Our trip to Lexington

autigger

Was a fun trip. Not a bad drive since its mostly interstate. I though t the campus was pretty especially with the fall leaves. I had no idea UK fans actually got into football, however, it was a small but very vocal crowd. Weird stuff went on in that, dont think ive ever seen a team kick of from their own 35. When Auburn would kick an exrapoint if it made it over the net and to the crowd they would pass the ball up to the top and throw it out the back of the stadium.

Then came time to leave lexington but neith me ro my bother paid to much attention on how we got to where we aprked so we were clueless on how to get out of there. So we get back to 60/68 west and we are like whew, BUt somewhere along the way we missed the turn to get back to bluegrass parkway and remained on 68 west which we fig ured if we were heading west eventually somehow we could get back to 65. Always a bad sign when you see "Scenic route" It took us 3 hours to get back to I-65. at bowling green! It took us 5.5 hours to get to lexington it took us 8 hours to get back!

So the guys throwing the balls out of the stadium...do they always do that or were they just being assclowns for this one game? I didn't understand...

So the guys throwing the balls out of the stadium...do they always do that or were they just being assclowns for this one game?  I didn't understand...

195557[/snapback]

Apparently they do this all the time..... UK went in and added the nets to try and prevent the problem after one game when a team got down to like 2 games balls..It doesnt work.....obviously....

... how many auburn fans do you think made the trip?

I would say that there were just as many auburn fans there as there were UK fans.....

I've heard that Kentucky's campus is one of the prettiest around aside from the Loveliest Village, of course...........I'd love to go there, but I'd probably lose my way after a couple Hours at the Maker's Mark distillary (sp?) :D War "BY GOD" Eagle.

I just got back from Lexington. We had over 10,000 at the game. Alot of UK fans were commenting on our fan support. Most of them go to games to hold on until B-Ball season starts. We had alot of people who told us to wait until basketball season, then they would kill us. Kinda sad that all they have to cheer for is Men's Basketball.

UK went in  and added the nets to try and prevent the problem after  one game when a team got down to like 2 games balls..It doesnt work.....obviously....

You know what might work for them? Getting a defense that doesn't give up so many scores, so the other team isn't kicking extra points to the asshats. (Those kids would be really bummed out if they played uat this year, since they wouldn't get many chances to pull their silly little hijinx)

UK went in  and added the nets to try and prevent the problem after  one game when a team got down to like 2 games balls..It doesnt work.....obviously....

You know what might work for them? Getting a defense that doesn't give up so many scores, so the other team isn't kicking extra points to the asshats. (Those kids would be really bummed out if they played uat this year, since they wouldn't get many chances to pull their silly little hijinx)

195677[/snapback]

I say go in and start arresting the a-holes who do this kind of stuff and eventually people will get the idea and stop....

I had no idea UK fans actually got  into football, however, it was a small but very vocal crowd. 

195549[/snapback]

With their football ticket stubs they could get in and watch the basketball team practice.

:big::big:

We had our tiger tail cut off our car while at the game, other than that it went fine.

Auburn use to eject people for throwing the ball out of the stadium, but that has been 20 years ago.

You should have turned on New Circle to get back to the parkway. The sign was very vague. It had something about Martha Collins and below that it said Blue Grass Parkway.

I was once one of those assclowns. I was about 15 or 16. At an AU-Georgia Tech game, I had an errant pass bounce right into my hands about 20 rows up in the endzone. The ball guy was down there wanting me to throw it back to him. I was on the end of the row. I hesitated and then took off for the exit. To this day I don't know what I was thinking, but I was going to keep that ball with the AU branded in the side. So I ran.

I made it to the concourse and could see the exit when I was yanked down from behind. They took my ball and asked me to leave. I was mortified.

Overall, the Kentucky fans were great. They got a big kick out of the Auburn section making fun of the PA announcer with the enthusiastic FIRST DOWN KENTUCKY. I thought their team intro was pretty cool, and would look awesome at night. The only problems I had with any of the fans were the ones who thought saying Roll Tide bothered us and I laughed at them. The campus is nice, and the downtown area around Rupp Arena is nice. As for the rest of Lexington, I'll withhold comment. The surrounding countryside was beautiful though at this time of year. We pulled over twice on the way out to take pictures of a horse farm and an "old time farm" that looked like a castle.

Question for those of you who went......

In watching the replay last night, a couple of times the camera was panning across the crowd and everybody was turned around looking up into the stands. Was this from the idiots throwing the balls out of the stadium or something else?

Question for those of you who went......

In watching the replay last night, a couple of times the camera was panning across the crowd and everybody was turned around looking up into the stands.  Was this from the idiots throwing the balls out of the stadium or something else?

195881[/snapback]

Yup thats what it was

I was once one of those assclowns.  I was about 15 or 16. At an AU-Georgia Tech game, I had an errant pass bounce right into my hands about 20 rows up in the endzone. The ball guy was down there wanting me to throw it back to him.  I was on the end of the row. I hesitated and then took off for the exit.  To this day I don't know what I was thinking, but I was going to keep that ball with the AU branded in the side.  So I ran.

I made it to the concourse and could see the exit when I was yanked down from behind.  They took my ball and asked me to leave. I was mortified.

195726[/snapback]

damn...you got hawked from behind...slow ass white boy... :big:

I was once one of those assclowns.  I was about 15 or 16. At an AU-Georgia Tech game, I had an errant pass bounce right into my hands about 20 rows up in the endzone. The ball guy was down there wanting me to throw it back to him.  I was on the end of the row. I hesitated and then took off for the exit.  To this day I don't know what I was thinking, but I was going to keep that ball with the AU branded in the side.  So I ran.

I made it to the concourse and could see the exit when I was yanked down from behind.  They took my ball and asked me to leave. I was mortified.

195726[/snapback]

LOL lost the ball and the right to stay at the game. that's hilarious.

i have had those, "what was i thinking of" moments as well....i'm just not brave enough to share mine. :big:

ct

I was listening to this guy this morning on a call in show talking about his trip to UK. He said he was stunned that they shot off fireworks after they scored. He said the funniest thing was that by the second half, they didn't shoot them off anymore.....probably because they didn't bring enough fireworks. Not used to scoring that much!!!! :D

Archived