CFN Rankings

AWK

Well the new CollegefootballNews.com rankings are out for the week, and let me note some veryinteresting things.

10. Auburn (7-2)

W, at Kentucky 49-27

next game: at Georgia

The Tigers just keep on winning against lousy teams and keep on moving up. Now the real work begins playing at Georgia before the Alabama showdown. Don’t fall asleep on this team in the SEC West title hunt quite yet. Can the Tiger fans really root for Alabama? They need to this week as a Tide win over LSU might make the Iron Bowl a battle for the SEC title game.

12. Georgia (7-1)

Didn’t play this week

next game: Auburn

Georgia moves way up next week if it beats Auburn convincingly. Forget about the Florida loss; this is a top seven team if D.J. Shockley is healthy. With two weeks to prepare for the Tigers, this is a must-win to get the national attention back after the Cocktail Party.

Now this seems a little strange to me. Yes Auburn is getting better and better each week, but should they be ranked over a UGA team that has only one loss in a game without their starting Quarterback? I think DJ Shockleys health determines whether the game is close or if AU will win by a touchdown or two.

5. Alabama (9-0)

W, at Mississippi State 17-0

next game: LSU

The defense is fantastic, but has it shut down a really good offense yet? Florida’s offense is the only one on the Tide schedule that’s doing anything. The Tide offense isn’t struggling only able to manage three points against Mississippi State. Bama needs to beat LSU impressively to move into the top three.

6. Penn State (9-1)

W, Wisconsin 35-14

next game: at Michigan State (Nov. 19)

Wisconsin isn’t nearly as good as ABC made it out to be to hype up the game, but the Nittany Lions still came through with an impressive win. There’s no argument if you want to argue that this is a top four team. The defense is playing tremendously well and Michael Robinson has to be the Big Ten Player of the Year … for now. There’s still the Michigan State game to deal with.

7. Ohio State (7-2)

W, Illinois 40-2

next game: Northwestern

How much would Ohio State love to have that Penn State game back? The offense has opened it up scoring more than 40 points in each of its last three games. It’ll be four in a row after facing Northwestern’s defense next week.

8. Miami (7-1)

W, at Virginia Tech 27-7

next game: at Wake Forest

Many would argue the Canes deserve to be much higher after the dominant win over Virginia Tech. On merit, yes, but with Tyrone Moss likely out for the year, Devin Hester hurting, and Kyle Wright still appearing to be average, don’t be floored if a not-as-jacked-up Cane team ends up having mega-problems with either Wake Forest, Virginia or Georgia Tech.

While many Harris and AP poll voters would look at these ratings, then go into shock, they do make some rather good points. However, I have to disagree with ranking UAT 5th and Miami 8th. I think Miami should be ranked in the top 5, BUT not above UAT. No matter how good Miami played, they couldnt pull the W over FL State, and UAT(while not looking pretty) has been able to pull out a W every game this year(so far).

CFN new Rankings

They have and always will be the biggest anti-uga site.

Not sure why but the writer either got teabagged by a UGA fan or he is such a South Carolina fan, that his bias gets in the way.

They had some nice articles on us during last year and even a few during 2003 but overall bash us as much as possible.

Doesn't surprise me.

They have and always will be the biggest anti-uga site.

Not sure why but the writer either got teabagged by a UGA fan or he is such a South Carolina fan, that his bias gets in the way.

They had some nice articles on us during last year and even a few during 2003 but overall bash us as much as possible.

Doesn't surprise me.

195868[/snapback]

What in this:

Georgia moves way up next week if it beats Auburn convincingly. Forget about the Florida loss; this is a top seven team if D.J. Shockley is healthy. With two weeks to prepare for the Tigers, this is a must-win to get the national attention back after the Cocktail Party.

constitutes "bashing" or "anti-UGA" material?

I like to think those comments rival Kirk Herbstreit's statements last year about Auburn.

"Beat UGA and I will rank AU ahead of OU"

AU beats UGA and Kirk doesn't do it.

Guarantee you that if we beat AU, CFN will still put us behind ND, Miami, and everyone else.

I never said what they wrote in that article was "bashing" but I stand by the anti-uga comments.

They have continually sniffed UF/UT/USC since the site began in 2001

They tend to have a man crush on AU a little also, but hey, thats probably why i like the site over others :P

Archived