PHS LIONS

CCTAU

Anybody notice this? They are heading back to the big game again hopefully. Anybody else got their old school still in the playoffs?

Wish I did...Foley lost to Theodore 63-56. When I saw that score, I figured the game must have had multiple OTs...nope. Regulation time.

Good luck to everyone else.

Pell City is 10-1 and still in the hunt in 6A. They are ranked #7 and take on Tuscaloosa County Friday night. TCHS is the team that beat the University of Hoover and ended their 28 game winning streak earlier this season.

War Panthers!

Guest Tigrinum Major

My old high school, the Wadley Bulldogs (11-0) are ranked Number One in 1A and will travel to Hackleburg this Friday in playoff action. They have the offensive duo of Terrell Zacahry, an Auburn commitment, at receiver and Terrance Wilkes, junior running back to take on the best of small schools of Alabama.

The high school that my son will attend next year, the Oneonta Redskins, are also 11-0 and the defending 3A Champions. They are ranked Number One in their classification and will host Montgomery Academy this Friday.

War Bulldogs and War Redskins!

Wish I did...Foley lost to Theodore 63-56.  When I saw that score, I figured the game must have had multiple OTs...nope.  Regulation time.

Good luck to everyone else.

196077[/snapback]

You went to Foley? Haha! Me too! Class of '01. Thank God I was in the band, it was the best team on campus those four years, lol. If you didn't listen in online to that game you missed a heck of a barn burner. Foley had a chance to tie after an interception with a minute thirty to go, drove down, went 4-out. Really sad, but going winless to 8-2 in one season, you can't beat that.

Strey, I didn't get to listen online...read the score in the online Mobile Register. My mom keeps me posted on the goings-on since I'm 500+ miles away and have been for 13 years.

I graduated in '87...hard to believe that our 20th reunion will be in about 18 months. We were pretty decent then. We usually made the first round of the playoffs, where we would promptly get bounced.

You were band, eh? I did the JROTC thing in HS...good times.

My old high school, the Wadley Bulldogs (11-0) are ranked Number One in 1A and will travel to Hackleburg this Friday in playoff action.

196207[/snapback]

Do 1A schools play 11 on 11 football, or are they down at the 8 on 8 level of play?!! :D

Just kidding. I have some young relatives that suit up for the Ragland Purple Devils. They are a divisional opponent of Wadley if my AHSAA alignment memory serves me correctly. They were doing pretty good up until this year. They lost their coach to Lincoln, I believe. That hurt them.

pcpod0395rt.jpg

WAR PANTHERS

Prattville travels to Theodore this weekend. Why does a higher ranked team have to travel?

Read aboout last weeks game. some of the names will be heard again.

LINK

Guest Tigrinum Major
Prattville travels to Theodore this weekend. Why does a higher ranked team have to travel?

196576[/snapback]

The AHSAA doesn't think it is fair for the higher ranked teams to have a homefield advantage, mainly because of travel issues for the winning challenged schools and their fans.

Therefore, they set up the brackets and then determine home team by the following criteria:

**Region winners and runners-up are "host" teams in the first round.

**In the second, quarter-final and semi-final rounds, the team that traveled more times during the preceding round(s) will be the "host" team. If travel (number of times) in the previous round(s) is the same, the team on the top of the bracket will be the "host" team.

**When teams from the same region meet, the highest seeded team in the final region standings will be the "host" team.

**Number 1 region seeds will not match up until the quarter-final round.

**Number 1 and 2 seeds from same region will not match up until semi-final round.

Confused yet?

Slag and Strey, I witnessed the 17 touchdown track meet. Foley came back in the 1st half down 28 -14 to tie. then down 21 in the 4th came within 7. the RB#32 for Theodore ran for 380 yds. he was fast and very acrobatic. he did handstands and flips and kept running. Unreal. He got hurt and was promptly replaced by a slightly larger and equally fast replacement for 2 or 3 plays. THS went deep on the 1st play for a passing TD. That prety much set the tone for the whole game.

Julio Jones, Foley's soph sensation, looked like a HS version of Randy Moss, without the attitude. He will do great things at Foley for the next 2 yrs. and most likely at the next levels. His endzone catches over defenders are great.

In the end, 4th and 26 was too much for QB Byrd to convert. It was an awesome game though, for Foley. Wait til next year most of our guys will be back!

Well, scratch one alma mater from the title hunt. Pell City was beaten by Tuscaloosa County 42-21 last night.

:banghead::bawling::cry3::drink1::puke::)

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I must report that PHS lost to the Spence Mcrackhead led Opelika bulldogs.

From what I hear, the officiating was pretty one-sided toward Opelika. But alas, I was not there. So probably the best team in the state of Alabama is now home...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Well, yes, CT, the Redskins fell, but...

The Wadley Bulldogs are still alive in 1A, led by Auburn commit Terrell Zachary. I will be in the house Friday night to watch the showdown between the Dogs and Addison.

War Bulldogs!

Archived