Brandon Cox

DCTiger

In the months leading up to the 2005 season, the main theme around here was how this season hinged on an unknown factor: Brandon Cox

Is this about what everyone expected?

That guy has improved as much as I have ever seen a QB in the course of a season. His composure against UGA was legendary.

I am really excited about his future at AU.

I loved how the ESPN announcers kept talking about Brandon being so cool, with ice water in his veins. If Spurrier can have the "Cock-&-Fire" offense, we can have the "Ice and Iron" (as in Kenny) offense.

If we can't protect better against the blitz, it won't matter how cool Cox is. He spent a lot of time surviving when dropping back on passes. We were very fortunate UGA was in prevent on our 4th and 10. Give him time and, like last night, he will pick them apart.

I fully anticipated that Cox would be as good as he has been... but not this soon. He's been ultra-clutch in 2 out of 3 spotlight games this season against 2 top-10 teams and top-10 defenses. I think we can spot him the Ga Tech game.

The thing that surprises me most is how tough he seems to be. He's taken some rough licks this year, but he holds onto the ball and he gets right back up.

Extremely excited about next year. Still pretty excited about THIS year.

Archived