Foul play at U G A

AUHansel

So I was reading all these articles on rivals.com about players that both Auburn and Georgia are recruiting. They were talking about their visits and many of them said that during dawg walk people were yelling their names and even had signs with their names on them telling them to come play at UGA. Does this happen at Auburn? I just don't believe that people would memorize these player's faces (a couple were out of state) and go to the trouble of making signs for them. I don't know if their ath department has something to do with this or not. I've never seen this before in Auburn or anywhere else(at least not the signs thing).

So I was reading all these articles on rivals.com about players that both Auburn and Georgia are recruiting. They were talking about their visits and many of them said that during dawg walk people were yelling their names and even had signs with their names on them telling them to come play at UGA. Does this happen at Auburn? I just don't believe that people would memorize these player's faces (a couple were out of state) and go to the trouble of making signs for them. I don't know if their ath department has something to do with this or not. I've never seen this before in Auburn or anywhere else(at least not the signs thing).

198737[/snapback]

I remember attending an Auburn/Bama BASKETBALL game quite a few years ago. At the time, both Auburn and Alabama were recruiting a kid by the name of CARNELL WILLIAMS. (Maybe you've heard of him). Anyways, this a**hole dude comes walking over to the Cliff Dwellers' section waving his "Bama needs a Cadillac" sign in our faces. He made the sign special for that game. It turns out Cadillac was on his official visit to Bama that weekend and was in attendance at the ballgame.

Everytime I think of that jerk mouthing off to us, I think of how SWEET it was to have Caddy on our side!!

I know someone who does take the time to memorize faces of almost EVERY recruit we have. My roommate. Its actually pretty funny. We'll be walking around on game day and all of a sudden he'll hit me and say "hey, do you know who that was? that was Trey Blackmon" or something like that. So if I live with a person like that I'm sure there are others? I wanna make signs for recruits that sounds ike a fabulous idea.

Everybody does it...I've seen it during tiger walk...and last year at the parade to celebrate the undefeated season there were alot of signs and ppl calling out players names

I have never seen sign with recruits names on them, but I know recruits get to walk behind CTT on Tiger Walk. I remember seeing Daniel Cobb on the Tiger Walk during his recruitment. I yelled you need to come to AUBURN & he shook his head up and down and smiled big. I think he knew he was seeing & experiencing something special at AUBURN.

Wasn't there some hub-bub last year about recruits not getting to walk in tiger walk? Seems to me I remember another university getting ill about us doing it and complaining to the National Communists Against Athletes about it?

bama is hot after Tim Tebow, QB from Florida. At the LSU game, bama students hung up a bedsheet saying "we want Tebow" with him in attendance. If I were a kid, that would impress me.

Archived