For LSU Fans

LegalEagle

ok so South Carolina and Florida are a rivalry after they just mentioned in the article that rivalries can't be lopsided.... SCAR hadn't beaten florida since 1939 and that's not lopsided.... i give up

Avoid the rush

Hate Bama Early!!

War Damn Eagle!

. . . AU vs. LSU is just a big game; not a rivalry!  A thread on this subject appeared earlier.  Too bad we didn't have the definitive answer until now.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Fe...w_Rivalries.htm

Hey, it's still a BIG GAME.

199062[/snapback]

I hope I can function today with this news.

USC-Cal? Boise State and anybody? As one of our AU brothers recently said ... plussseeeeaaasse.

It's amazing how some jackass sportswriter expresses his opinion and all of the sudden its considered The Law. If I want to know someting about sports, I'll ask the 15-year-old intern at the TV station where I work. He knows more about football than any sportswriter I've ever seen.

I'll take AU-LSU over most of these games anyday as a bigger rivalry. The poor LSU fans just don't want to be left out. They're stuck with Ole Miss, and dammit, how are are the supposed to get excited over that? Granted, Olay Miss does play a little better than usual for that one, but the term "playing better than usual" when referring to Ole Miss still leaves a lot of room to suck mighty hard.

As far as I'm concerned AU/LSU is 3rd on our list of rivalry games, but I still consider it to be a rivalry.

Granted, Olay Miss does play a little better than usual for that one, but the term "playing better than usual" when referring to Ole Miss still leaves a lot of room to suck mighty hard.

As far as I'm concerned AU/LSU is 3rd on our list of rivalry games, but I still consider it to be a rivalry.

199104[/snapback]

2 great comments

. . . AU vs. LSU is just a big game; not a rivalry!  A thread on this subject appeared earlier.  Too bad we didn't have the definitive answer until now.

199062[/snapback]

Why do Auburn fans continue to bring this up?

You've beat Alabama how many years in a row now? You've beat UGA twice in a row.

LSU is back and forth every single year. The game has simply been for all the marbles each year. I am clueless as to why we are continually reminded that we are 3rd on the list even after the recent history.

199062[/snapback]

You've beat Alabama how many years in a row now? You've beat UGA twice in a row.

LSU is back and forth every single year. The game has simply been for all the marbles each year. I am clueless as to why we are continually reminded that we are 3rd on the list even after the recent history.

199121[/snapback]

I guess it's because of some "incidents" at recent games that LSU fans began to dislike Auburn more than in past years. How big a rivalry it has become is a fairly frequent topic on both LSU and Auburn message boards. You are just seeing most Auburn fans say it is still behind bama and Georgia on our list. Sorry if being 3rd bothers you but please don't burn down anymore of our building just to move up on the list. :poke:

199062[/snapback]

Why do Auburn fans continue to bring this up?[/B]

199121[/snapback]

Hey LSUdeek.....check out LSU TigerForum right now (11/18/05, 9:25 CST). There is a thread on Page 1 asking the question "Who Is LSU's Biggest Rival." The general consensus is that right now it's Auburn. So I might ask why do LSU fans continue to bring it up? :poke:

199062[/snapback]

199121[/snapback]

The Alabama game is between two schools that are in state, a brother vs brother type thing. We have to live with these people 365 win or lose.

The Georgia game is the Souths Oldest Rivalry having been played over 100 years. Until they changed in-state tuition rules in the mid 90's Auburn used to have more students from Georgia than Alabama at times.

You would just have to be a part of it to understand it I guess.

199062[/snapback]

Why do Auburn fans continue to bring this up?[/B]

199121[/snapback]

Hey LSUdeek.....check out LSU TigerForum right now (11/18/05, 9:25 CST). There is a thread on Page 1 asking the question "Who Is LSU's Biggest Rival." The general consensus is that right now it's Auburn. So I might ask why do LSU fans continue to bring it up? :poke:

199368[/snapback]

It was "brought up" buy an Ohio State fan.

LSU has two traditional rivalries in Tulane and Ole Miss. Unfortunately for them, neither has stayed in the upper echelon of college football. Regardless, we still enjoy beating the hell out of them.

A rivalry must remain competitive for it to thrive. We can't help it if we completely owned these two teams over the past 50 years. B)

Since our two traditional rivals suck, younger fans look to the present. No two teams have stood in the way of the other's success more than Auburn and LSU recently.

The fact is there is no more important game on Auburn's schedule than LSU when it comes to determining the success of Auburn's season.

BTW, every LSU fan understands that Bama and Georgia are cherished rivalries. It's just funny to listen to Auburn fans try to deny the obvious when it comes to LSU.

The fact that you try to deny so vehemently makes the case. Pay no attention to that 2 ton elephant in the room. :lol:

BTW, every LSU fans understands that Bama and Georgia are cherished rivalries. It's just funny to listen to Auburn fans try to deny the obvious when it comes to LSU.

The fact that you try to deny so vehemently makes the case. Pay no attention to that 2 ton elephant in the room.  :lol:

199375[/snapback]

Never denied it was, and I really don't have to make a case for where it belongs. Most the time I see people say its behind Alabama and Georgia and then LSU fans get mad.

Its moved up to third with the redistribution of the conference. But if that had not have happened then it would be 4th or 5th behind Tenn and Fla because those were major rivals, especially Tenn, for decades.

199062[/snapback]

199121[/snapback]

I don't see what you mean by the sentence in bold.. Did you not see the final score of the Georgia game, and did you not know how close that series really is? We are only leading Georgia, by a whole 2 points.. As far as I'm concerned LSU is just another big game with a lot on the line. And with Alabama, it's just Alabama. Enough Said.

BTW, every LSU fan understands that Bama and Georgia are cherished rivalries. It's just funny to listen to Auburn fans try to deny the obvious when it comes to LSU.

199375[/snapback]

Did you not read the article? The Auburn - LSU game does not meet ANY of the criteria for a rivalry:

* Rivalries can’t be forced - the only reason we play LSU every year is because of conference realignment.

* they’re earned by decades and decades of big games with do-or-die consequences - There have not been consecutive "decades and decades" of big games, and until the conference split, none have had do-or-die consequences.

They’re the games fans talk about all year long, and they’re the ones that generations of fans never forget. - the only Auburn - LSU games I personally remember and talk about are the most recent ones. But I can tell you to the minute where I was when Pat Dye beat bammer the first time. I can remember every detail about our first win over them in JHS. I can remember what it felt like the first time I set foot in JHS as a child. LSU has no part of any of that.

These go beyond just the yearly big games (like, for example, LSU-Auburn); these have a little extra something. - The Auburn - LSU game is a BIG game for us - a HUGE game, even, with definite implications for the rest of our season. But only because we HAVE to play you. That's why you aren't a rival. If we ever wound up in separate conferences, we'd never give LSU a second thought.

199375[/snapback]

Did you not read the article? The Auburn - LSU game does not meet ANY of the criteria for a rivalry:

* Rivalries can’t be forced - the only reason we play LSU every year is because of conference realignment.

* they’re earned by decades and decades of big games with do-or-die consequences - There have not been consecutive "decades and decades" of big games, and until the conference split, none have had do-or-die consequences.

They’re the games fans talk about all year long, and they’re the ones that generations of fans never forget. - the only Auburn - LSU games I personally remember and talk about are the most recent ones. But I can tell you to the minute where I was when Pat Dye beat bammer the first time. I can remember every detail about our first win over them in JHS. I can remember what it felt like the first time I set foot in JHS as a child. LSU has no part of any of that.

These go beyond just the yearly big games (like, for example, LSU-Auburn); these have a little extra something. - The Auburn - LSU game is a BIG game for us - a HUGE game, even, with definite implications for the rest of our season. But only because we HAVE to play you. That's why you aren't a rival. If we ever wound up in separate conferences, we'd never give LSU a second thought.

199409[/snapback]

Rivalry-Big Game. Who really gives a crap. Call it whatever you want. As long as its a W for LSU and a L for Auburn, it's just semantics for me. :rolleyes::lsu:

hat's why you aren't a rival. If we ever wound up in separate conferences, we'd never give LSU a second thought.

Likewise. Do you honestly think LSU fans would care about Auburn either if not for the fact that both teams compete so strongly for the West? A true rivalry needs proximity, LSU and Auburn just aren't close enough to warrant a true rivalry.

Just thank God your children are lucky enough to have a little REAL Tiger in them.

199375[/snapback]

199409[/snapback]

Rivalry-Big Game. Who really gives a crap. Call it whatever you want. As long as its a W for LSU and a L for Auburn, it's just semantics for me. :rolleyes::lsu:

199485[/snapback]

Thats the way we feel about obnoxious lswhoers like yourself. Coona$$es, nutria hunters, inbreeders, who cares , as long as you just keep them the hell away from us, it's all just semantics.

199375[/snapback]

199409[/snapback]

199485[/snapback]

Thats the way we feel about obnoxious lswhoers like yourself. Coona$$es, nutria hunters, inbreeders, who cares , as long as you just keep them the hell away from us, it's all just semantics.

199503[/snapback]

You guys are playing Bama Sat for second place in the state of Alabama this year. We wrapped up the top spot last Saturday. LSU-SEC Champs 2005 (and 2001 and 2003). :lsu: Se ya in Jerkin-Hare next year! Roll Tide!!

199375[/snapback]

199409[/snapback]

Rivalry-Big Game. Who really gives a crap. Call it whatever you want. As long as its a W for LSU and a L for Auburn, it's just semantics for me.

199485[/snapback]

199503[/snapback]

You guys are playing Bama Sat for second place in the state of Alabama this year. We wrapped up the top spot last Saturday. LSU-SEC Champs 2005 (and 2001 and 2003). Se ya in Jerkin-Hare next year! Roll Tide!!

199504[/snapback]

"LSU-SEC Champs 2005"

I know you guys love to drink a little too much but this is silly. News flash for you Jethro, you didn’t drink enough to make a little over a week pass. Win the next two games and you have the chance to make it happen, but any team who :ut: can embarrass in their house, I would say is far from a lock.

Jealousy runs rampant, for the fake tigers this time of year I know it hard not having a team to hate or respect that offers the same feelings in return. Congrats on the win in OT this year but :cry3: me a river, I know it’s hard for nutria eaters to understand but we have two “real” rivals. lswho is a huge game the last few seasons, but unless something major happens you will be the same 10 years from now as you are today, nutria eating fake tigers to Auburn and Alabama. Embrace it, love it, make it your own, life will be a lot easier when you do. For now we have one of our rivals to worry about not the fake tigers, come back in two weeks or so we may play your stupid game till then. :wavey::byebye:

199375[/snapback]

199409[/snapback]

Rivalry-Big Game. Who really gives a crap. Call it whatever you want. As long as its a W for LSU and a L for Auburn, it's just semantics for me.

199485[/snapback]

199503[/snapback]

You guys are playing Bama Sat for second place in the state of Alabama this year. We wrapped up the top spot last Saturday. LSU-SEC Champs 2005 (and 2001 and 2003). Se ya in Jerkin-Hare next year! Roll Tide!!

199504[/snapback]

"LSU-SEC Champs 2005"

I know you guys love to drink a little too much but this is silly. News flash for you Jethro, you didn’t drink enough to make a little over a week pass. Win the next two games and you have the chance to make it happen, but any team who :ut: can embarrass in their house, I would say is far from a lock.

Jealousy runs rampant, for the fake tigers this time of year I know it hard not having a team to hate or respect that offers the same feelings in return. Congrats on the win in OT this year but :cry3: me a river, I know it’s hard for nutria eaters to understand but we have two “real” rivals. lswho is a huge game the last few seasons, but unless something major happens you will be the same 10 years from now as you are today, nutria eating fake tigers to Auburn and Alabama. Embrace it, love it, make it your own, life will be a lot easier when you do. For now we have one of our rivals to worry about not the fake tigers, come back in two weeks or so we may play your stupid game till then. :wavey::byebye:

199517[/snapback]

Speaking of embarrassment, can you say "Rambling Wreck"? At least we lost to another SEC team and not an ACC bottom feeder. When we beat Georgia in the SEC CG and win our third SEC title in 5 yrs., maybe you will start to change your tune about LSU being your 3rd biggest game of the year. When the road to the title continues to run through Tiger Stadium every year, it shouldn't even take you Aubbies long to see the writing on the wall. Geaux Corndogs! :corndog: and Roll Tide! :ua:

199062[/snapback]

199121[/snapback]

The answer is in your own statement: RECENT history...

Until the conference divided, we didn't even play each other every year. The LSU game is certainly big, and I hope it continues to decide the SEC West champ for decades to come, but Alabama & Georgia have more history. Bama is for our state championship and Auburn-Georgia combines the oldest history in the South with probably the most even series in the South (2 points total difference in over 100 years!?!).

No disrespect to LSU...The game between the two Tigers is becoming more and more intense and more and more important every year. It also has some amazing indvidiual games (I'm not sure there's another series with as many "named" games--the "earthquake" game, the "interceptions" game, the "extra extra point" game last year, etc.). As I said, I hope it continues to decide the West for the foreseeable future, but it just needs a little aging under its belt before it can rise the the "traditional" rivalry status.

199062[/snapback]

199121[/snapback]

The answer is in your own statement: RECENT history...

Until the conference divided, we didn't even play each other every year. The LSU game is certainly big, and I hope it continues to decide the SEC West champ for decades to come, but Alabama & Georgia have more history. Bama is for our state championship and Auburn-Georgia combines the oldest history in the South with probably the most even series in the South (2 points total difference in over 100 years!?!).

No disrespect to LSU...The game between the two Tigers is becoming more and more intense and more and more important every year. It also has some amazing indvidiual games (I'm not sure there's another series with as many "named" games--the "earthquake" game, the "interceptions" game, the "extra extra point" game last year, etc.). As I said, I hope it continues to decide the West for the foreseeable future, but it just needs a little aging under its belt before it can rise the the "traditional" rivalry status.

199559[/snapback]

I agree with your post wholeheartedly, quietfan. Just needs to age a little bit like beef, fine wine and...corndogs!! Look forward to your game with Bama today. Hope it's a clean game with no injuries. I'm actually pulling for the Tide, but I think you guys are too strong for them. Irons is starting to scare me. That guy is a BEAST!! :lsu:

Archived