For LSU Fans

LegalEagle

"A rivalry must remain competitive for it to thrive..."

You know, that's an honest point, but consider the enormous exception of Auburn and Ga. Tech. When I was @ AU (81-85), we were riding like a 20 game winning streak against Tech that included several victories by AU when Tech was fielding some terrific teams (e.g. Bill Curry's "Black Watch" defenses and the bowl team in "Rudy"). I think if a rivalry has alumni that care about the game...for whatever reason (like AU's Wreck Tech parade), it will endure.

BTW, every LSU fan understands that Bama and Georgia are cherished rivalries. It's just funny to listen to Auburn fans try to deny the obvious when it comes to LSU.

199375[/snapback]

Did you not read the article? The Auburn - LSU game does not meet ANY of the criteria for a rivalry:

* Rivalries can’t be forced - the only reason we play LSU every year is because of conference realignment.

* they’re earned by decades and decades of big games with do-or-die consequences - There have not been consecutive "decades and decades" of big games, and until the conference split, none have had do-or-die consequences.

They’re the games fans talk about all year long, and they’re the ones that generations of fans never forget. - the only Auburn - LSU games I personally remember and talk about are the most recent ones. But I can tell you to the minute where I was when Pat Dye beat bammer the first time. I can remember every detail about our first win over them in JHS. I can remember what it felt like the first time I set foot in JHS as a child. LSU has no part of any of that.

These go beyond just the yearly big games (like, for example, LSU-Auburn); these have a little extra something. - The Auburn - LSU game is a BIG game for us - a HUGE game, even, with definite implications for the rest of our season. But only because we HAVE to play you. That's why you aren't a rival. If we ever wound up in separate conferences, we'd never give LSU a second thought.

199409[/snapback]

Rivalry-Big Game. Who really gives a crap. Call it whatever you want. As long as its a W for LSU and a L for Auburn, it's just semantics for me. :rolleyes::lsu:

199485[/snapback]

Thats the way we feel about obnoxious lswhoers like yourself. Coona$$es, nutria hunters, inbreeders, who cares , as long as you just keep them the hell away from us, it's all just semantics.

199503[/snapback]

You guys are playing Bama Sat for second place in the state of Alabama this year. We wrapped up the top spot last Saturday. LSU-SEC Champs 2005 (and 2001 and 2003). :lsu: Se ya in Jerkin-Hare next year! Roll Tide!!

199504[/snapback]

Unless you're so coona$$ed that you think that louisiana is a city in Alabama (which is a distinct possibility) you would realize that you can't possibly win the championship of the state of Alabama. If you need further help I'l break it down even farther for you. :rolleyes: coona$$es :rolleyes: They're almost amusing :rolleyes:

Now, before you blather on about how you beat Au and ua this year just remember that every idiotic statement you make here reveals your true identity, which is beginning to resemble a snot nosed pimple faced teenager.

Just thank God your children are lucky enough to have a little REAL Tiger in them.

199499[/snapback]

Yeah, and it keeps coming out the end where the diaper goes... :moon:

When we beat Georgia in the SEC CG

Last time LSU was in the State of GA....I am not sure we have stopped scoring in that game.

199713[/snapback]

Last time we played UGA in the Georgia Dome... I am not sure we have stopped pounding David Greene into the ground.

BTW, every LSU fan understands that Bama and Georgia are cherished rivalries. It's just funny to listen to Auburn fans try to deny the obvious when it comes to LSU.

199375[/snapback]

Did you not read the article? The Auburn - LSU game does not meet ANY of the criteria for a rivalry:

* Rivalries can’t be forced - the only reason we play LSU every year is because of conference realignment.

* they’re earned by decades and decades of big games with do-or-die consequences - There have not been consecutive "decades and decades" of big games, and until the conference split, none have had do-or-die consequences.

They’re the games fans talk about all year long, and they’re the ones that generations of fans never forget. - the only Auburn - LSU games I personally remember and talk about are the most recent ones. But I can tell you to the minute where I was when Pat Dye beat bammer the first time. I can remember every detail about our first win over them in JHS. I can remember what it felt like the first time I set foot in JHS as a child. LSU has no part of any of that.

These go beyond just the yearly big games (like, for example, LSU-Auburn); these have a little extra something. - The Auburn - LSU game is a BIG game for us - a HUGE game, even, with definite implications for the rest of our season. But only because we HAVE to play you. That's why you aren't a rival. If we ever wound up in separate conferences, we'd never give LSU a second thought.

199409[/snapback]

Rivalry-Big Game. Who really gives a crap. Call it whatever you want. As long as its a W for LSU and a L for Auburn, it's just semantics for me.

199485[/snapback]

Thats the way we feel about obnoxious lswhoers like yourself. Coona$$es, nutria hunters, inbreeders, who cares , as long as you just keep them the hell away from us, it's all just semantics.

199503[/snapback]

You guys are playing Bama Sat for second place in the state of Alabama this year. We wrapped up the top spot last Saturday. LSU-SEC Champs 2005 (and 2001 and 2003). Se ya in Jerkin-Hare next year! Roll Tide!!

199504[/snapback]

"LSU-SEC Champs 2005"

I know you guys love to drink a little too much but this is silly. News flash for you Jethro, you didn’t drink enough to make a little over a week pass. Win the next two games and you have the chance to make it happen, but any team who ut can embarrass in their house, I would say is far from a lock.

Jealousy runs rampant, for the fake tigers this time of year I know it hard not having a team to hate or respect that offers the same feelings in return. Congrats on the win in OT this year but :cry3: me a river, I know it’s hard for nutria eaters to understand but we have two “real” rivals. lswho is a huge game the last few seasons, but unless something major happens you will be the same 10 years from now as you are today, nutria eating fake tigers to Auburn and Alabama. Embrace it, love it, make it your own, life will be a lot easier when you do. For now we have one of our rivals to worry about not the fake tigers, come back in two weeks or so we may play your stupid game till then.

199517[/snapback]

Speaking of embarrassment, can you say "Rambling Wreck"? At least we lost to another SEC team and not an ACC bottom feeder. When we beat Georgia in the SEC CG and win our third SEC title in 5 yrs., maybe you will start to change your tune about LSU being your 3rd biggest game of the year. When the road to the title continues to run through Tiger Stadium every year, it shouldn't even take you Aubbies long to see the writing on the wall. Geaux Corndogs! and Roll Tide!

199554[/snapback]

Yes I can say rambling wreck, I can also say it was the first start/ first game of the year for a young qb against a decent GT defense who had no line protection and committed 5 turnovers. After all that we still had a chance to win the game late in the 4th. Unlike going ahead by 21 only to come out after half time, only to look as lost as a mormon at a marilyn manson concert. How does it feel to be among UAB, Memphis, and Ole Mrs as members of "well at least Fulmer can beat these guys still" club.

Bottom line :ut: (4-6) :gt: (7-3)

Now which one is the bottom feeder? :comfort: thanks for playing.

Yes I can say rambling wreck, I can also say it was the first start/ first game of the year for a young qb against a decent GT defense who had no line protection and committed 5 turnovers. After all that we still had a chance to win the game late in the 4th. Unlike going ahead by 21 only to come out after half time, only to look as lost as a mormon at a marilyn manson concert.  How does it feel to be among UAB, Memphis, and Ole Mrs as members of "well at least Fulmer can beat these guys still" club.

Bottom line  :ut:   (4-6)  :gt:   (7-3)

Now which one is the bottom feeder?  :comfort: thanks for playing.

199823[/snapback]

I think I'll speak for every LSU fan when I say this: Yes, the Tennessee loss hurt, but it's behind us, and where are we now? Likely to be pushed to #4 in the country. Where is Auburn? Hell..I don't know, and I don't care, somewhere behind us, that's for sure. Assuming we take down Arkansas next week, then you'll have to wait till next year to win anything in the SEC.

It's hard to talk smack to a team that beat you the recent past. Sure, go back and look at stats of previous games or things that happened earlier in the year.

Bottom line: LSU beat Auburn in 2005, so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Yes I can say rambling wreck, I can also say it was the first start/ first game of the year for a young qb against a decent GT defense who had no line protection and committed 5 turnovers. After all that we still had a chance to win the game late in the 4th. Unlike going ahead by 21 only to come out after half time, only to look as lost as a mormon at a marilyn manson concert. How does it feel to be among UAB, Memphis, and Ole Mrs as members of "well at least Fulmer can beat these guys still" club.

Bottom line  (4-6)  (7-3)

Now which one is the bottom feeder?  thanks for playing.

Bottom line :lsu: (20) :au: (17)

thanks for playing

Bottom line  (4-6)  (7-3)

Now which one is the bottom feeder?  thanks for playing.

Bottom line :lsu: (20) :au: (17)

thanks for playing

199860[/snapback]

I second what Logan and SECond2none just said. Enough said.

Last time we played UGA in the Georgia Dome... I am not sure we have stopped pounding David Greene into the ground.

199789[/snapback]

Thankfully none of those starters from that LSU team are still there while many starters from last year's game are :lol:

199789[/snapback]

Thankfully none of those starters from that LSU team are still there while many starters from last year's game are :lol:

199997[/snapback]

I hope your DB's have stronger ankles than in 2003. Justin Vincent back for a checkup.

The way our D is playing, JV won't need to break any ankles. He will just have to hold onto the ball and run north to south and chances are he will be successful

199789[/snapback]

199997[/snapback]

Didn't Skyler catch a pass against UGA in 03? Or maybe I'm thinking of Justin Vincent's 200+ yard game. Or maybe I'm thinking of those three pathetic plays that Shockley got in.

He caught 3 against UGA last year too and you still lost by 55 points.

:lol:

LSU probably will win but I might as well talk it up anyway. I will take this to the smack board as I am sure not many care about us fighting ;)

Archived