Toilet Paper and Tide Detergent

AFTiger

If anybody wondered why Alabama fans carry the box of Tide detergent topped with a roll of toilet paper, it is because that they are so full of it that after they wipe it, they must wash it.

I thought it was used to wipe their tears away after a loss, and scientists were still pondering why they carry the tide(because everyone knows that they never wash their clothes).

If anybody wondered why Alabama fans carry the box of Tide detergent topped with a roll of toilet paper, it is because that they are so full of it that after they wipe it, they must wash it.

199170[/snapback]

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

199170[/snapback]

Just a question. Why does the toilet paper and tide box disturb so many Auburn fans. I thought if anyone would understand the use of toilet paper on game day it would be Auburn fans. You use it to celebrate a victory by throwing it in trees, and really making a mess, which of course is your business and your right to do so. It just puzzles me as to why our having a fan with a roll of tissue on a stick should bother you, or are you just eyeing the toilet paper, because you forgot yours and want to use it later. Lets face it, I think we both have a thing about toilet tissue.

199170[/snapback]

Just a question. Why does the toilet paper and tide box disturb so many Auburn fans. I thought if anyone would understand the use of toilet paper on game day it would be Auburn fans. You use it to celebrate a victory by throwing it in trees, and really making a mess, which of course is your business and your right to do so. It just puzzles me as to why our having a fan with a roll of tissue on a stick should bother you, or are you just eyeing the toilet paper, because you forgot yours and want to use it later. Lets face it, I think we both have a thing about toilet tissue.

199233[/snapback]

Why we are on this topic i never understood what the whole D Picket ssigns stood for, maybe if there was some toilet paper involved....

You guys all missed it!

They use the toilet paper and the Tide box because........

They never learned to spell at Alabama and that is the only way they can make a sign. Kind of like Redneck Sign Language... :big:

I think Tide and Charmin should set up a scholarship  fund for both schools!!!!!!!

:P   :ua:

199265[/snapback]

we don't need to set up another scholarship fund, we've got the Pontiac Game Changing Performance Scholarship.... :P what is it, 5 out of 10 now? and in my opinion, we're a shoe in for the $100,000 grand prize, because of Prothro's catch...

Bama My Heart

You are so fulll of it.  Don't forget your toilet paper!

199334[/snapback]

Why? because I stated the truth.

I recall an old country song that explains it all: "redneck, white trash, and uat "football".

:lol::lol::lol::poke:

Bama My Heart

199334[/snapback]

199402[/snapback]

BMH, the following will come across as a slam - maybe it is. But I am just stating my honest opinion, Auburn loyalty aside. Please don't take it personally, because I am glad you are posting here, and don't want you to think I am bashing you personally. I have always thought that was the dumbest "sign" in college football and I would feel that way no matter what team I pull for.

Rolling trees with toilet paper is a tradition - no matter where you are. Kids have been doing it for decades. But when bammers do that whole toilet paper/detergent box thing, it just looks cheezy - kind of low rent and tacky and trashy - and there it is for all the nation to see. Yet another bad stereotype of the state of Alabama.

are you just eyeing the toilet paper, because you forgot yours and want to use it later.

199402[/snapback]

Well, you got this part right. When AU and UA fans are in the same vicinity (*cough*Iron Bowl*cough*), and UA fans are carrying TP, AU fans generally end up papering Toomer's.

Bama My Heart

199334[/snapback]

199402[/snapback]

BMH, the following will come across as a slam - maybe it is. But I am just stating my honest opinion, Auburn loyalty aside. Please don't take it personally, because I am glad you are posting here, and don't want you to think I am bashing you personally. I have always thought that was the dumbest "sign" in college footba

ll and I would feel that way no matter what team I pull for.

You're right and to be perfectly honest. I am not proud when I see that sign, but hey what can you do. When it started years ago, it was 2 old men that were doing it, and had done so for years. That to them was tradition, and I feel that when they were gone(for whatever reason) the sign should have gone with them. I also am not exactly proud to see students on national TV all painted up in school colors and with wigs, and all of us have those. I think that a fan should be able to show his school pride however he chosses.

I really did not start this out as a slam on Auburn. It was just a joke about both school using toilet paper. I really have not been insulted(ok maybe a little with the you're full of it comment)with the replys, and I did just try to make a point. I think I'm trying to use up nervous energy before tomorrow.

199405[/snapback]

Archived