Tiger Walk

TigerOne

This will rival the '89 walk. TigerWalk will start

15 minutes EARLIER, to allow time to get through the passion that is

Auburn Tiger Football. Start time is approx. 12:15

The Tiger Walk is one of the great relatively young traditions of college football, and I think it ties the team to the fans better than at any other school.

However, according to this column, we might be a little TOO enthusiastic in greeting our Tigers:

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/rm...2750.xml&coll=2

But what was once a nice stroll allowing players and fans to gracefully interact has turned into a gauntlet that prepares the Auburn football team to get ready for what is, without question, the most important game of the season.

"By the time I get to the stadium, I feel like I've already played a quarter of football," said Auburn linebacker Travis Williams, laughing. "The fans beat you on the back, telling you what to do.

And nowhere is that passion felt - literally - more than during `Tiger Walk.'

"I'm sure I take more hits during Tiger Walk than I will during the game," said Tiger defensive lineman TJ Jackson. "It's like, `Whoa! Calm down! We have a game to play."'

Linebacker Antarrious Williams is glad it's a 2:30 game, because "those 6:45 games, the fans get to drink more, and it gets crazy."

Every year, Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville makes a plea to his fans to take it easy on his players.

"You have to brace yourself," Travis Williams said. "They hit you on the back as hard as they can. I guess because we're football players, they think we need to be hit that hard to feel it. I don't know."

It serves to remind these players that this game is not about the people inside the football building, but those who line the streets outside, waiting impatiently for Saturday.

"You want to get it done," Jackson said. "For everybody that follows Auburn. It's for them."

So let's let the team know how much we love 'em, but let's not cripple 'em before the game starts! :D

:cheer:

Archived