The Benefits of the Iron Bowl Win...

DKW 86

Obviously they haven't been reading the Bama boards--if they had they'd know that we'll never be able to recruit again now the Tahd is off probation and has a full allotment of scholarships. All of our successes the last two years, including the four 1st round draft choices we graduated last year, were an aberration caused by Bama's probation... <_<

I am thinking if they really want to see an aberration, just wait till next year. With the graduation of Brodie & most of their defense and the possible defection of Darby to the NFL, they will be hard put to win 9 - 10 games in 2006.

Alabama 2006 Schedule

9-2 Hawaii

9-9 Vanderbilt

9-16 Louisiana-Monroe

9-23 @ Arkansas

9-30 @ Florida

10-7 Duke

10-14 Mississippi

10-21 @ Tennessee

10-28 Florida International

11-4 Mississippi State

11-11 @ Louisiana State

11-18 Auburn

There is an 8 win season if I saw one.

9-2 Hawaii W

9-9 Vanderbilt W

9-16 Louisiana-Monroe W

9-23 @ Arkansas W

9-30 @ Florida

10-7 Duke W

10-14 Mississippi W

10-21 @ Tennessee

10-28 Florida International W

11-4 Mississippi State W

11-11 @ Louisiana State

11-18 Auburn

That is without one ball bounce IMHO.

9-2 Hawaii W

9-9 Vanderbilt W

9-16 Louisiana-Monroe W

9-23 @ Arkansas W

9-30 @ Florida

10-7 Duke W

10-14 Mississippi W

10-21 @ Tennessee

11-4 Mississippi State W

11-11 @ Louisiana State

11-18 Auburn

Talk about a WEAK out of conference schedule.....WOW!

9-2 Hawaii W

9-9 Vanderbilt W

9-16 Louisiana-Monroe W

9-23 @ Arkansas W

9-30 @ Florida

10-7 Duke W

10-14 Mississippi W

10-21 @ Tennessee

11-4 Mississippi State W

11-11 @ Louisiana State

11-18 Auburn

201121[/snapback]

I don't see Bama beating Mississippi or Hawaii next year, and Arkansas will absolutely shred them!

9-2 Hawaii - W

9-9 Vanderbilt - W

9-16 Louisiana-Monroe - W

9-23 @ Arkansas - W

9-30 @ Florida - L

10-7 Duke - W

10-14 Mississippi - W

10-21 @ Tennessee - W

10-28 Florida International - W

11-4 Mississippi State - W

11-11 @ Louisiana State - L

11-18 Auburn - L

Listen up AU Media relations! This is how you play the Bama media game and spin this, uh, competitive out of conference schedule:

9-2 Hawaii: This a "solid opponent" because the, uh, Rainbow Warriors wasted the Crimson Necks last time they played (i.e. revenge game that will show the true backbone of the Tide)

9-16 Louisiana-Monroe: traditional rival (i.e. played more than once in the last 10 years) and the Bama nation is pouring money into survivors of Hurricane Katrina by hosting this game

10-7 Duke: Remember, Steve Spurrier once took Duke to a 9-2 record in 1989!

10-28 Florida International: ANY team from Florida is loaded w/ talent and speed (and crack. Is this the team "coached" by Howard "loaded w/ bourbon" Scnellenberger?)

9-2 Hawaii W

9-9 Vanderbilt W

9-16 Louisiana-Monroe W

9-23 @ Arkansas W

9-30 @ Florida

10-7 Duke W

10-14 Mississippi W

10-21 @ Tennessee

11-4 Mississippi State W

11-11 @ Louisiana State

11-18 Auburn

201121[/snapback]

That schedule is a joke.....Bama will win 9 games next year.

It is a very easy OOC sched. But we play Fla., Tenn., and LSU away to make up for it. 7-5 being pessimistic, 9-3 being optimistic.

You forgot about how your bammers play at home like they are on foreign soil, but hey I heard they are beginning to tear down half of Legion Field. It shouldn't be too late for those Rogue Boosters to get a quick fix. Of course, the bama nation could still be holding out hope that if the Toilet Bowl grows to 90,000 screaming Joe Dirts it will envoke the players to beat Auburn. :moon: We'll claim the Toilet and slap Jordan-Hare West on it, but much to your dismay we will never claim Joe "Dirty" Namath or Joe "Dirty Bear" Bryant or Joe "Why's your butt dirty" Croyle or even Joe "Dirty John" Parker Namath Musso Wilson.

Alabama 2006 Schedule

9-2 Hawaii

9-9 Vanderbilt

9-16 Louisiana-Monroe

9-23 @ Arkansas

9-30 @ Florida

10-7 Duke

10-14 Mississippi

10-21 @ Tennessee

11-4 Mississippi State

11-11 @ Louisiana State

11-18 Auburn

201102[/snapback]

Also take into consideration that they play 12 WEEKS in a row before facing :au: . Their off week is week 1.

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

It is a very easy OOC sched. But we play Fla., Tenn., and LSU away to make up for it. 7-5 being pessimistic, 9-3 being optimistic.

You forgot about how your bammers play at home like they are on foreign soil, but hey I heard they are beginning to tear down half of Legion Field. It shouldn't be too late for those Rogue Boosters to get a quick fix. Of course, the bama nation could still be holding out hope that if the Toilet Bowl grows to 90,000 screaming Joe Dirts it will envoke the players to beat Auburn. :moon: We'll claim the Toilet and slap Jordan-Hare West on it, but much to your dismay we will never claim Joe "Dirty" Namath or Joe "Dirty Bear" Bryant or Joe "Why's your butt dirty" Croyle or even Joe "Dirty John" Parker Namath Musso Wilson.

201204[/snapback]

Uhhhh. Otay Buckwheat :thumbsup:

9-2 Hawaii W

9-9 Vanderbilt W

9-16 Louisiana-Monroe W

9-23 @ Arkansas W

9-30 @ Florida

10-7 Duke W

10-14 Mississippi W

10-21 @ Tennessee

11-4 Mississippi State W

11-11 @ Louisiana State

11-18 Auburn

201121[/snapback]

I don't see Bama beating Mississippi or Hawaii next year, and Arkansas will absolutely shred them!

201127[/snapback]

Ole Miss and Ha-why-yur are horrible. No, this is a 8-9 win season with even Fran coaching them.

I am thinking if they really want to see an aberration, just wait till next year.  With the graduation of Brodie & most of their defense and the possible defection of Darby to the NFL, they will be hard put to win 9 - 10 games in 2006. 

Alabama 2006 Schedule

9-2 Hawaii

9-9 Vanderbilt

9-16 Louisiana-Monroe

9-23 @ Arkansas

9-30 @ Florida

10-7 Duke

10-14 Mississippi

10-21 @ Tennessee

11-4 Mississippi State

11-11 @ Louisiana State

11-18 Auburn

201102[/snapback]

TigerMike is right, it is going to depend on how they can fill the voids with Crodie Broyle graduating and losing what 7 or 8 on the D, which could be the biggest problem. If Darby leaves i don't think that will hurt as much b/c they got a couple of guys that can fill in, just without experience. Potential loses @ Arky (they are going to be pretty tough for the SEC next year), @ UF (depends on the their new QB for next year), Ole Miss (could be avery improved team, with a D returnign several starters), @ UT (always a good game, will Cutcliffe be able to right the errant offensive ship??), and of course AUBURN, it will for sure be disappointing for our Tigers to not finish with 10 wins next year, I think we will once again win the west, and SECCG, though.

I see uat @ 7-5 next year. Who knows, maybe they make it 8 wins.

Florida will have Chris Leak as an experienced SR, QB next year. Also Florida has received 4 very good commitments after beating FSU last weekend. I think Urban Legend will have the gators playing much better next year.

201187[/snapback]

I agree. The X-Factor could be how Tennessee bounces back from their 1st losing season in 10-15 years. Also, Arkansas should prove to be a tougher foe for both Bama and Auburn. The only thing I can guarantee is a 4-0 OOC slate for them.

Archived