why ND deserves to go and we don't

jwise0022

why are we so obsessed with notre dame not deserving? they were smart enough not to join a conference so they got their on rules. our only complaint is against ohio st.. the computers seem to think that the big ten is better than the sec...what a joke. who is ohio st's big win, Michigan? we beat georgia and alabama. our losses are to georgia tech (our first game having lossed our enitre backfield) and lsu (who we should have beaten). Ohio st. lost to penn st. (overrated) and texas. if we have a complaint it is agianst them, not notre dame. the BCS is set up for notre dame, like it or not, we agreed to it. i agree auburn or oregon should be in the bcs, so who do we blame? kirk herbstreit (ohio st. grad) and everyone else at espn. they want notre dame and ohio st. because it helps ratings. according to the bcs formula, notre dame deserves to be there, ohio st. is the team to question. we should focus our attention on them, and not notre dame

No, No, No sir...ND does NOT deserve to be their according to the BCS formula. By the BCS rules, yea, maybe. You point out that the computers love Ohio St., but those same computers despise ND. The reason the Irish are ranked so high is because subjective human voters that are enamored by the tradition and the story line of "The Return of Notre Dame" have them ranked so highly, and because the bowls want their TV appeal. The computers have them at like 18. They are not always right, but they are objective. Do you think ND could beat OSU? Could they beat Auburn? Better yet, if the only teams AU beat with a winning record were Michigan, BYU, and Navy, would we be ranked #6? Would Lou Holtz drool over how we are a great team because we never quit and fought to the end and came through to beat STANFORD?? A team that was beaten by a I-AA team. If we had a loss to a 4-7 team, what would we be ranked?

Notre Dame is a media darling, pure and simple. That, and the fact that ESPN "says so", are the only reasons that Notre DA*N deserves to be in the BCS ahead of us. :au::homer:

ND has beat 1 top 25 team and has a strength of schedule of 60. Auburn has beat 2 top 25 teams and has a strength of schedule of 30. It should probably be Auburn and Ohio State in the game but it will be ND and Ohio. Just think where we could have been if we would have pulled off the Georgia Tech game or LSU game. For us to be mentioned as a possible BCS at large bid is great considering what we lost to the NFL.

I think Ohio St. should get the nod over Notre Dame based on who their 2 losses were to. Texas and Penn St. or Michigan St. and USC. I feel like ND's loss to Michigan St. should give OSU the nod. Michigan St. finished 5-6. I think SKCAUB said it best that Notre Dame is a media darling. Did anyone watch ESPN the night they were defeated by MSU? Granted MSU was 3-0 after that game but they kept praising ND for their comeback in the game. (They trailed 38-17 midway through the 3rd.) I don't see how anyone can say there is not a media bias for certain teams and keep a straight face. I know it may be sour grapes but just look back to 2004. USC defeats UCLA 29-24 and praised for a hard fought rivalry win. Auburn defeats Alabama 21-13 and Tennessee 38-28 and bashed for not beating them bad enough.

Archived