Arkansas coaching changes coming?

TigerOne

I've talked to a few people about this and I personally think it would be a mistake for Arkansas to fire Nutt. Nutt is a good coach who usually does a good job w/ the talent they have (maybe he should hire a new person for recruiting). The last two years have been tough, but I think he has some good young talent (McFadden is awesome) and will be better next year.

If I'm not mistaken Nutt was offered the Nebraska coaching job a few years back and turned it down to stay with Arkansas. Now would be a good time for them to reciprocate that loyalty.

All that being said, the Piggies are the only team in the SEC West who have not been to an SEC Championship game, and while I think Nutt is a good coach, I don't know if he will make Arkansas among the SEC elite (not sure if anyone else could either), so I'm sure there is some pressure.

Bottom line, I think this is similar to Ole Miss and Cutcliff last year. Cutcliff had done a decent job for them, had a bad year and was let go, then look at the Rebels this year. Arkansas is not a top tier SEC team, but Nutt usually has them play very respectably. If the school goes w/ someone else they are rolling the dice.

Guest Tigrinum Major

There are all sorts of rumors flying around the Ozark boards these days. Nothing has been substaniated, including a press conference being scheduled. Remember that we are not the rumor mongers at ITAT.

Someone gets a link besides to another internet message board or blog, feel free to link and post.

All that being said, the Piggies are the only team in the SEC West who have not been to an SEC Championship game,

204003[/snapback]

They played, and lost to, UGA in the SECCG in 2002. It's Ole Miss that's never been out of the West.

Arkansas has been to an SEC champ game...they lost to UGA 30-3 or something liek that a few years ago.

I think they've been more than once too.

But i agree, I think Nutt should be retained as head coach...i'm a big believer that solidarity is a huge factor in a programs success.

Oops, y'all are right. Thanks for the correction about them making it to the SECCG. I think my larger points are valid though: they are not a top level SEC team, but Nutt usu keeps them competitive and puts together some good seasons.

All that being said, the Piggies are the only team in the SEC West who have not been to an SEC Championship game,

204003[/snapback]

They played, and lost to, UGA in the SECCG in 2002. It's Ole Miss that's never been out of the West.

204006[/snapback]

Arkansas has been to the SECCG twice. They lost to :uga: 30-3 in 2002 and :uf: 34-3 in 1995.

Guest Tigrinum Major
No link, no post right???

We are not a bunch of rumor mongers.

204021[/snapback]

No one has violated that rule yet. The first post was more of a question.

Unless you are talking about those mudhole stompings that the Bacon Bits received in Atlanta...but those are not rumors, as much as Nutt would like them to be.

204021[/snapback]

Unless you are talking about those mudhole stompings that the Bacon Bits received in Atlanta...but those are not rumors, as much as Nutt would like them to be.

204023[/snapback]

What is the title of the thread?

Arkansas rumor, Houston been let go?

:rolleyes:

EDIT:

5) No "unsubstantiated" rumors. Rule of thumb, if you dont have a link for it, dont post it. Keeps the Blue Sky to a minimum. Even if you site from another Forum, that is okay. Just dont hallucinate new rumors. We are not Tider Insider.

The thing that I heard for a Porker today (okay, she's hot, but she's a Arkansas fanatic) is that the QB coach got fired and that Tennessee has turned all their attention to that Mustain kid that committed to Arkansas earlier this year. Just what I've heard.....

LANK

Mustain is a top quarterback Mustain was the reason Nutt likely kept his job. He was The FUTURE of the Hawgs. Now, if he leaves, they will not implode but they wont be as good as hoped. Mustin was meyer's top choice a while back. He could send Tebow to Alabama. I dont see Tebow, option passer as a real good fit at Bama, but who knows.

It appears that Mustain now will consider Tennessee, South Carolina, Florida and Notre Dame — in addition to Arkansas. Mustain has not ruled out playing for the Razorbacks, sources said, but wants to explore his options.

Springdale coach Gus Malzahn had been expected to be added to the Arkansas staff, but that move apparently remains in a holding pattern.

Mustain threw for more than 3,800 yards, 47 touchdowns and only six interceptions this season.

Norman said Monday night that he was still committed to Arkansas.

There has been a parade of "Franchise" athletes--including quarterbacks, of course--that were supposed to be the answer to any team's prayers and needs.

Brock Berlin, Chris Leak, Brodie Croyle, Tyler Watts, Eric Ainge, etc., etc. Where are they now

Some "saviors" have done a good job: Both Mannings, for instance. But athletes like them are rare and require good teams around them. And good coaches.

My trust is in our coaches. They really know what they're doing. Barring injury or other health problems, we are "fixed" for a couple of years in leadership.

204021[/snapback]

204023[/snapback]

Hmmmmm.....I "speculated" awhile back and the thread was locked.Now I know how to do it, just ask......."is it true that blah, blah, blah...? :big::big::big:

Eh, i don't care.

I'm fine with Caudle over Mustain anyday. Caudle has even been recruiting for us. He seems like one of our most loyal recruits. Just think how dangerous he'll be when his career starts with Al Borges building him up.

Jason turned from water into wine in one year.

Brandon has been great, looking much better than Jason has at this point in his career.

But just think of Al molding a Qb from the start...

Guest Tigrinum Major

204021[/snapback]

204023[/snapback]

What is the title of the thread?

Arkansas rumor, Houston been let go?

:rolleyes:

EDIT:

5) No "unsubstantiated" rumors. Rule of thumb, if you dont have a link for it, dont post it. Keeps the Blue Sky to a minimum. Even if you site from another Forum, that is okay. Just dont hallucinate new rumors. We are not Tider Insider.

204040[/snapback]

The original post and thread title asked the question about rumors concerning the Arkansas coaching staff. In my opinion (and it counts, thanks very much), that did not violate the rule. In fact, I could have posted links to various Bacon boards that had wild rumors and that would have been acceptable, according to the rules.

The thread did not get out of hand with tales of firings and resignations and movements and such. Therefore, it stayed.

Guest Tigrinum Major

204021[/snapback]

204023[/snapback]

Hmmmmm.....I "speculated" awhile back and the thread was locked.Now I know how to do it, just ask......."is it true that blah, blah, blah...? :big::big::big:

204053[/snapback]

Just to make sure that the difference is understood, PT:

The thread that was locked was pure speculation while reading betwen the lines of a newspaper article.

The question asked in this thread was one that has basis in rumors that are flying wildly on the Ozark boards.

204021[/snapback]

204023[/snapback]

204053[/snapback]

Just to make sure that the difference is understood, PT:

The thread that was locked was pure speculation while reading betwen the lines of a newspaper article.

The question asked in this thread was one that has basis in rumors that are flying wildly on the Ozark boards.

204174[/snapback]

OK, let me make sure I got it. Speculation is taboo but talking about wild rumors id OK?

Thanks for clarifying it. ( :big: (just kidding with ya).

Guest Tigrinum Major

The rumor that Nutt will not be back is not the wildest one out there. Go to woopig (if you can handle the language) or hogville and see what the rumors are.

I know you are just kidding (to a degree), but here is the difference:

The question asked was one based on info that is readily availiable on other places, but cannot be substaniated by verifiable sources, ie. a change is coming in Fayetteville (which was true, but not to the degree that Arky fans were praying for), but no one is quite sure what it was. Therefore, we don't want people posting that Kevin Federline is leaving Brittney to take over as WR coach at Arky when Nolan Richardson returns as head football coach for the Bacon Bits.

The post thread that was locked was based on information gleaned from a newspaper article and by reading "between the lines", a determination that a player was hurt and it was not being reported, based on nothing more than speculation and supposition.

Yes, it is a gray area. I hope you understand the position that I took when making these decisions. I try to be fair to everyone. If I wasn't, there are some people that I would delete all their posts and threads (not you.)

update, Nutt hires high school coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2253723

204664[/snapback]

His quarterback was Mitch Mustain. Any questions?

204671[/snapback]

No doubt, so does Mustain stay loyal to his commit and HS coach now new Univ. of Arky QB coach OR does he jump ship to go learn under a veteran in Cutcliffe. I think he stays with the piggies.

update, Nutt hires high school coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2253723

204664[/snapback]

His quarterback was Mitch Mustain. Any questions?

204671[/snapback]

No doubt, so does Mustain stay loyal to his commit and HS coach now new Univ. of Arky QB coach OR does he jump ship to go learn under a veteran in Cutcliffe. I think he stays with the piggies.

204681[/snapback]

I have little doubt there was a deal here. No question to me that Mustain stays with Arkansas

Archived