Combat Veterans

Bottomfeeder

How many here, who are combat veterans, support the Iraq War?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How many here, who are combat veterans, support the Iraq War?

• Infantry
    • Artillery
    • Special Ops
    • Recon
    • Special Forces
    • Rangers
    • Navy Seals
    • Marines
    • Other

You should probably have just broken this down by military branch of service, Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and yes, even Coast Guard.

You've got Infantry and Artillery listed but what about Armor (tankers)? They're combat soldiers too. So are Engineers. And Aviation. And MP's. I'm in the Army Signal Corps and by trade I'm not a "combat" soldier meaning it isn't my primary duty to go kicking in doors and clearing buildings. But as a signal soldier I served in an infantry battalion in Iraq and guess what I found myself doing in August of 04? Fighting the enemy face to face in An-Najaf damn near getting my face shot off. I voted infantry because of my past relationship with them and the strong bond I forged with my brothers there. I could have voted "other" but I don't like being referred to as a "other."

You've got Recon listed too. Ok, that doesn't do much. A lot of people conduct recon missions. That's the traditional role of a cavalry unit. Plain 'ol infantry units even conduct recon missions with their scouts. Speical Forces and Navy Seals both conduct recon missions. Maybe you were referring to Marine Force Recon. I dunno.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not angrily criticizing you here. It's not your fault, you just may not know enough about how the military operates and that's ok. I applaud your attempts to get a feel for what we combat veterans think. My only question is, what are your plans with the information that you gather? I look forward to whatever it is and to post my comments......either for or against you. :big:

Having now 4 family member in Iraq.

Two are infantry in the Marines

Two are Lieutenant-Colonel's (I think thats how you say it)

3 of them supported the war in the beginning.

After being in Iraq for months now (almost year and half for 2 of them)...not 1 support it. None want to just leave Iraq though and all want to finish what they started.

Archived