I just saw a big Flash

AWK

Hah, Now I have your atttention, Anyways just thought I'd pass along a little information. A good friend of mine attended an Auburn practice before Christmas and said that one player stood out. Trey Blackmon was apparently all over the field, making huge hits, and impressing a lot of people. Then I read something about the Auburn practice in Orlando yesterday, and I have become really anxious to see this young man play!

One of those youngsters continues to serve notice of his impending arrival. Freshman Tray Blackmon delivered a monstrous hit Thursday in his second consecutive scrimmage for rookies that had everybody oohing and aahing.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he weren't in the starting lineup next year," said Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville after the scrimmage.

Tuberville wasn't the only coach who noticed. "Was that Blackmon? Goodness gracious," Price said. "I don't know who he hit - I just saw a big flash. He was flying around. He knocked the heck out of that tailback." :D

:cheer::cheer::au:The FULL story

Hah, Now I have your atttention, Anyways just thought I'd pass along a little information. A good friend of mine attended an Auburn practice before Christmas and said that one player stood out.  Trey Blackmon was apparently all over the field, making huge hits, and impressing a lot of people.  Then I read something about the Auburn practice in Orlando yesterday, and I have become really anxious to see this young man play!
One of those youngsters continues to serve notice of his impending arrival. Freshman Tray Blackmon delivered a monstrous hit Thursday in his second consecutive scrimmage for rookies that had everybody oohing and aahing.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he weren't in the starting lineup next year," said Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville after the scrimmage.

Tuberville wasn't the only coach who noticed. "Was that Blackmon? Goodness gracious," Price said. "I don't know who he hit - I just saw a big flash. He was flying around. He knocked the heck out of that tailback." :D

The FULL story

207777[/snapback]

I can not wait to see these guys in action the next few years. WDE :cheer::au::cheer:

This is the man they call "The Little Ball of Hate"... and he's a freshman.

That is the meanest, most intimidating nickname I have ever heard for a football player. Better than Captain Crunch, Mean Joe, Freak, Prime Time, Nigerian Nightmare, Bus...

...of course, "Predator" is pretty bada$$ too....

This quote by Tuberville confused me. Does this mean he WOULD be surpised if Blackmon WERE in the starting lineup next year? It's a double negative.

This quote by Tuberville confused me. Does this mean he WOULD be surpised if Blackmon WERE in the starting lineup next year? It's a double negative.

207968[/snapback]

Haha, you are correct. The technical meaning of the sentence is that Tuberville would be surprised if Blackmon were in the starting line-up. However, I think CTT is just a southern boy at heart and meant that he wouldn't be surprised if Blackmon started.

This is the man they call "The Little Ball of Hate"... and he's a freshman.

That is the meanest, most intimidating nickname I have ever heard for a football player.

207966[/snapback]

that is definately the greatest nickname i've ever heard.

Archived