Vick Kicked

aufan175

Earlier today, I noticed that his name had been removed from their roster.

The question now is where will he go? Some school will give him an opportunity. Or will he enter the draft this year?

I heard a report on the evening news making it official that Vick had been canned from the team. I guess Beamer finally had to cave under the scrutiny this brought to his program. Its a shame to see someone with such talent turn out to be such a bum.

I got to thinking about something since I put up that last post that really burns me up. Do you realize what this guy's "punishment" for this is. OK, so he got kicked off the team. Big Deal! He will now go out and sign a FAT NFL contract and become a rich thug!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!! :puke:

Sometimes I think that we (the public) have created these "spoiled monsters" through athletic worship and big television money. I think it's high time that the public reject the "Terrell Owens and Marcus Vicks of the world" and let the respective colleges, pros, Coaches and anyone else involved in "propping these classless thugs up" that we will NOT support their teams. When you take these idiots off the playing field, many of them have no redeeming qualities as human beings so lets stop treating them as Gods! JMO! :no::thumbsdown:

I guess you get 3 strikes with beamer. Better than some I guess.....

209443[/snapback]

From what I read it was more like 9-10 strikes, after the season tho.

Sometimes I think that we (the public) have created these "spoiled monsters" through athletic worship and big television money. I think it's high time that the public reject the "Terrell Owens and Marcus Vicks of the world" and let the respective colleges, pros, Coaches and anyone else involved in "propping these classless thugs up" that we will NOT support their teams. When you take these idiots off the playing field, many of them have no redeeming qualities as human beings so lets stop treating them as Gods! JMO! :no:   :thumbsdown:

209516[/snapback]

Shug it is not new tho. Ty Cobb would be considered a thug today and he was worshipped back in the day, sharpened cleats and all.

Just hate to think if the media had something else to cover if this would

be such a hot topic.Do you really think Beamer woulda kicked him off the team?

209512[/snapback]

After Dustin McClintock? etc. Would Vick have been kicked off of an Alabama team? Was Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson really disciplined when he dressed out for UT?

Well, you got a point DKW.Don't get me wrong he shoulda been kicked off the team.My point is if the sports world had its back turned do you think Beamer

would have axed him.No.And the bammers shoulda put SARAH JESICA(aka joe's illegitimate son)on the scout team. :P

Typical VaTech football thug. :no:

209433[/snapback]

They have supplanted Miami and Florida State as the biggest cheap-shot artists out there. We as fans saw it in the Sugar Bowl and they were in full bloom in that regard against both FSU (irony) and Louisville.

Here's a link for you to peruse:

VT's thuggery

Go to bugmenot.com, type in www.dailypress.com and get a username and password

Three thoughts. come to mind..

1) Yes, I expect him to sign a pro contract making more in one year than I would make in 10-20 years or more. But his multiple discretions will be a cause a momentary pause in the minds of some NFL general managers and might lower his negotiating position a little.

2) Will his contract include a cash line item to cover his many inevitable fines?

3) Ricky Williams...

When you say "typical vt thuggery", does anybody remember Jim Drunk-enmiller? Before the elder Vick, he was vt's best-qb-ever - seems I recall him getting into trouble immediately as a 49er...

Speaking of the Super Simplex, what is the infatuation with Ron Mexico? Seems that he is still just all "potential" and no results - Doug Johnson/Matt Schaub or any other conventional pro-style QB would be a better fit. For such a smart entreprenurial businessman as the Home Depot guy, tying up so much money in one guy (not named Manning) doesn't seem to make sense.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Meet the Maurice Clarett of 2006, Mr. Marcus Vick.

"It's not a big deal. I'll just move on to the next level, baby," Vick said. Asked if that meant he would enter the 2006 NFL Draft as an underclassman, Vick said, "Yeah, definitely."

Article concerning the situation

i would like to say nobody in the nfl will sign him, but theres a few clubs desperate for a QB. after the T.O. debacle, i wouldn't think any club in the nfl would want the negative attention. but who knows. i think he just thinks he can get away with stuff because he's michael vick's brother. if you get caught with drugs, you shouldn't get to play again, period. is there any sort of ncaa oversight to this?

Archived